Five OS Pleasures in your day today

Comments

• shell2001
    shell2001 Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    I cannot take created for the fudge pudding just copied and pasted the recipe given by the wonderous Thriftlady.
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    shell2001 wrote: »
    I cannot take created for the fudge pudding just copied and pasted the recipe given by the wonderous Thriftlady.
    Who got it from this bookhttp://www.amazon.com/Cooking-Quilt-Country-Mennonite-Kitchens/dp/0517568136/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/103-5582523-7827022?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1187726384&sr=8-1:)
  • I`m new to OS but am loving it. still finding my feet, and enjoying gaining OS knolwledge ! heres my five pleasures for today!

1.Couldnt sleep so was up at 6am wiping down kitchen with vinegar and water spray.(fab by the way)
    2.Managed level one of tuesday`s flylady schedule(what a boon this is, never been so organised)
    3.Finished making the HM chicken and veg soup that i`d put together from sundays left overs.
    (not cooked a chicken in years, have been buying ready cooked from asda... the shame of it).
    4.Have got down on hands and knees and scrubbed the kitchen floor with stardrops and a scouring sponge, floor hasnt looked this good in years(have given all my old chemical based cleaners to my neighbour, although dont think she`ll use them, dont think she cleans! slovenly mare)
    5.My foreign students have wolfed down the HM soup ! have been struggling to find food they like for over a week, but they both went back for seconds and THIRDS !!!(although downside is that now there is`nt enough left to freeze, but chuffed they liked it so much ):j
    Going it alone and feeling the pinch
    CCJ £2,900(Reducing by £50 pm)
  • 1 Collecting eggs from the chickens this morning and realising that I now have so many that I could put a sign at the gate and sell them

2 Realising that by putting white vinegar in the washing machine my laundry room now smells better and the washiung machine is cleaner

3 Showing my DD and her partner the plants in the greenhouse including several tomatillo plants, one with a very large fruit on it

4 Watching the chickens in the garden getting rid of snails and other pests

5 Collecting vegetables from the garden for our tea, and knowing that we will be eating them within 10 minutes of harvest
  • p-pincher
    p-pincher Posts: 727 Forumite
    1- me and the 3yr old picking the tomatoes we've grown together in a hanging basket.
    2- getting my 6th mixing bowl full of blackberries off the neighbours bushes that hang over my fence(they said its fine)
    3- Making dinner form left overs and store cupboard.
    4-Sticking to my cannot spend any money on my debit card rule(only cash and didn't have tome to go bank)
    5-Going through my christmas presnts that ive already bought and realising that i'd budgeted a £110 but only spent £37.

Hope i can 5 more tomorrow
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    1. Turning down meals I used to buy in the pub we went to for lunch because I prefer my HM versions :D smug grin time!
    2. DP not ordering the expensive steak he used to as he now realises they taste like rubber after trying the ones from our local farm shop (he's ordered one for tea tomorrow night so I best get it out of freezer, does mean a small meal plan change)
    3. Not spending anything extra when I went to a shop for someone else, thinking of the 'Do I need it' everytime I picked up something which mean't I put it back :D
    4. Managing to make my living room suitable for guests (fussy ones) in under half an hour because I keep up better now with the support of the ladies on the flylady thread
    5. Boasting to my Dad about my improved cooking with my new oven and that he got me some lovely kitchen knives for my birthday ( I asked him as he enjoys cooking and would get good ones :) ) I will actually use now as I cook rather than 'nuke'
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Good morning :T :j For yesterday:
    • Having friends drop in unexpectedly and, thanks to people on the Flylady thread, not being horrified to invite them in ;)
    • Rustling up a batch of raspberry and white chocolate muffins for them in 40mins.
    • Making a summer veg puff and plum crumble for tea, using produce fresh from the garden
    • Needing to give only slight asistance to DD as she designed and made a handbag
    • The smell of fresh bread
    Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • Bambywamby
    Bambywamby Posts: 1,608
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My O/S delights so far are...

1) putting the washing on the line, it's blowing a gale and drying incredibly quickly.

2) stripping a full cooked chicken to make four different meals and chicken skin for the dogs for a treat.

3) listing on Ebay coz it's half price listing day.

4) sat listening to Radio 2 rather than watch the TV as I sew.

5) talking the two labs out for a brisk walk in the fresh country air. Free and healthy exercise.

Bams x x
    *Frugal Living 2015* *Not Buying It 2015*
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ MARK TWAIN

27/50
  • 1. Hung washing on the line.
    2. Read library book.
    3. Had home made comfort food instead of going out buying chocolate.
    4. Used my new Stardrops for the first time.
    5. Put some books for sale on Amazon (I know I should have ebayed today but I was feeling very rough and find Amazon easier for books)

What a good thread! Very therapeutic for a miserable Penguin.
  • TNG
    TNG Posts: 6,930 Forumite
    Just eaten some toast made with 1. bread from the BM. Dinner tonight will be 2. HM and 3. Batch cooked and frozen Spag Bol made with 4. homegrown vegetables. Tomorrow's dinner will be made in the 5. SC

hmmmm - maybe a bit too much emphasis on food, there.... :rotfl:
    :dance:There's a real buzz about the neighbourhood :dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family