Five OS Pleasures in your day today

Comments

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    1) Hanging wahing out on the line outside.

2) Using half a tablet and vinegar for dishwasher.

3) Soaking dried peas for tomorrow's soup as it is DH's favourite.

4) Having a huge pot of sweet potato soup simmering on the hob.

5) Noticing some of the brambles are turning black and keeping an eye on the elderberries outside so i can make elderberry syrup from them for winter.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
  • Bambywamby
    Bambywamby Posts: 1,608
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    1) Having the windows open in my house and letting the cool wind blow through. The best air freshener, the cheapest air freshener andthe healthiest air freshener.

2) Using last nights left overs for a healthy thick veg soup for lunch and fresh plums from the tree for afterwards.

3) Taking the dogs our for a long walk across the local fields and woodland. Totally free calorie burning, fitness gaining exercise. No gym fees needed!

4) Soaking pasta for tea in cold water now so that its rehydrated and only needs two minutes cooking tonight rather than 12 minutes.

5) Ebaying some unused clothing and putting the proceeds towards Christmas.

Have a great O/S Y'all. x x
    *Frugal Living 2015* *Not Buying It 2015*
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." ~ MARK TWAIN

27/50
  • Peem
    Peem Posts: 645 Forumite
    Ooh. How to limit to 5

1. Having HM bread and HM marmalade for breakfast

2. Using up last nights potatoes as fried potatoes for dinner.

3. Discovering that the local shop didn't have what I had planned for dinner last night, so making some rolls, rescuing HM burgers from the freezer, mixing some spuds, red pepper and yogurt and cumin together to make potato salad meant dinner could be achieved without visiting the supermarket. (edit : just realised that this was yesterday, not today - I'll go and think about another one)

4. Drying all washing outside

5. Just looking at my "new" larder which is my bookshelf (temporary while kitchen is in limbo) showing off preserves and other cooking stuff. (I think it looks cool to have olive oil beside anthony trollope. Don't know if anyone else would - but it keeps me happy)
    "You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." - C.S. Lewis
  • 1. Making some muffins to take to a friend who has just had a baby.
    2. Eating said muffins whilst talking to friend and admiring baby.
    3. Picking and eating home grown blueberries
    4. Bubble and squeak for lunch (from leftovers)
    5. Chicken soup for dinner (from chicken carcass)
    6. Having no money until payday on Friday, but not feeling poor as I can feed my family (V well) with what I've already got in.
  • newlywed
    newlywed Posts: 8,255
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    1. HM chicken soup for lunch (in a minute).
    2. HM meatball casserole defrosting in the fridge for tea tonight
    3. Knowing we eat more healthily than ever before
    4. Trying new food and discovering I like most of it.
    5. Knowing I have already planned food for when we come back from holiday so the only thing we'll need to buy the first day back is milk ;)
    working on clearing the clutterDo I want the stuff or the space?
  • JillD_2
    JillD_2 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    what a lovely thread- thanks thriftlady. Am feeling rough and tired and not done much in the way of OS today but here goes:

1. Taking little ones to "Creepy crawly story time" at the library, almost an hour of stories and sticking bits ona ladybird - for free
    2. The brilliant book I am reading at the moment called "A Life Stripped Bare" about living ethically - not about living OS though some principles are the same, but it was out of the library therefore free plus its a brand new copy and I am the first person to borrow it so its all shiny and new :T
    3. The fact that thanks to OS flylady thread my house is lovely and tidy with minimal effort
    4. Again thanks to folks on MSE flylady my shopping is due to be delivered by Asda tonight and I am sure I will have spent less than if I went to the store
    5. Shells chocloate fudge cake recipe which looks divine and which I shall be trying some time!
    Jan GC: £202.65/£450 (as of 4-1-12)
    NSDs: 3
    Walk to school: 2/47
    Bloater challenge: £0/0lbs

• twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    1. made some fridge bottom soup yesterday for kyle and family which they liked
    2. made a big bowl of fruit salad which will do for puddings for the week with yoghurt
    3. walked with Susie to pick up the boys after their first day back at school instead of taking the car
    4. discovered asdas smartprice salmon is better than i thought it would be
    5.copied a recipe for elderberry cordial which i will make when they ripen, although i am tempted by the recipe that uses vodka :D
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    See, this OS lark is fun as well as moneysaving :j

Today
    1) Having leftover peas and sweetcorn from tea which I will add to some leftover rice for a fried rice lunch tomorrow. Love those rolling leftovers ;)

2) Getting some great books from the library -I nearly borrowed the one JillD mentioned.

3) Harvesting more blackberries from the briar in my garden -and a handful of raspberries.

4) Conjuring a pudding for the kids out of hm yogurt and strawberry puree from the freezer.

5) Realising that I don't need to chuck all my dd's too short trousers because they can be made into shorts for next summer. She just seems to get longer but not any wider -lucky thing :rolleyes:
  • Hardup_Hester
    Hardup_Hester Posts: 4,800 Forumite
    Only one thing here for me today.
    Listed 75 items ready to go on Ebay tomorrow when it's half price listing day

Never let success go to your head, never let failure go to your heart.
  • ppolly
    ppolly Posts: 164 Forumite
    1. Persuading visitors that a walk and picnic in the country park is a much nicer outing than the Aquarium - without telling them why (and it was-we all had a great time)
    2. Reading library book
    3. Producing tea for DH from frozen batch supply - at very short notice (he was supposed to be out this evening)
    4. Listening to said visitors talk about all their new stuff - and realising that I'm not really jealous as I'm with my DD alot more than they are able to be with their DS as they both work full-time
    5. Planning a trip blackberry picking for tomorrow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport