Sentinel (AI Scheme) compensation help guide

Options

Comments

• Marie_Doreen
    Options
    Has anyone had problems with A1 saying they have not received the claim form? We had to call them twice to get one. We completed And returned it on 2nd March 2016 before closing date of 18th, in their prepaid envelope. We reminded them as we had no reply and were told the form had not been received and the closing date had expired! We replied sending them copies (taken in anticipation of this event). We are now informed that they do not accept photocopies and the claim date has expired. Is this an avoidance tactic used on anyone else? I want to pursue this as we paid for years into the Sentinel Gold scheme,
  • Skipper175
    Options
    Just reading this forum and remember I had one of these cards/policies. how do I Claim?
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,884 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Skipper175 wrote: »
    Just reading this forum and remember I had one of these cards/policies. how do I Claim?

Unfortunately you are long out of time, the scheme closed a while ago (18th March) and even the "exceptional" cases deadline was the 19th September, you needed to reply to the 2 or 3 letters sent out to all holders of the policy

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/Sentinel-Affinion-card-protection
  • Haybee
    Options
    I'm also having problems with this scheme. I replied to all the letters as instructed and sent my claim into them on 15th March 2016 (after finally locating all the statements etc after several house moves). The claim was sent in their own prepaid envelope and I thought no more about it. Several weeks later, having heard nothing, I called them and they told me that my claim had been rejected as it was received on 22/3/16 - a full week since posting. I queried this in writing with no luck and received a letter suggesting that I could appeal this decision. During a telephone conversation I was also given a different address to write to as being a "faster and safer" address? I wrote to this address and also sent a recorded delivery letter to the original address, in both requesting confirmation by return of my appeal. Guess what? 3 months later and no confirmation so I call them again last week and they agree that they have received my letter and it is with the adjudicator and promise a letter will be sent immediately. Guess what? Still no letter. They have provided no evidence that my claim was late and I would be very interested to know if anyone else is getting the run around from this company? There is no facility to email or fax them and they do not suggest sending documents by recorded delivery so it seems we are at the mercy of the RM and the AI Scheme. Really frustrating!
  • gongoozler
    Options
    My Mother in law has a claim in, and A1 seem to be trying everything they can think of to avoid progressing the claim, anyone else having/had problems?
  • gongoozler
    Options
    You are not the only one (surprise, surprise)!
  • Camberwell_P
    Options
    Sorry I have replied to this thread as I don't understand how to start a new one:

Anyway here's my predicament =

I applied for AI Scheme Compensation (back in January) and have just rung them to ask what happened to my application. Apparently, they accepted my application and issued a cheque which I never received and they now say as the cheque expired after 6 months then 'that's it, I'm too late'

Has anyone else experienced this and anyone have any advice on how to get my compensation

Thanks
  • oldchap1000
    Options
    I was offered and took out Sentinel card protection in August 2004, via Clydesdale Bank. I do remember thinking it was an insurance cover against fraud at the time, and being fairly naive didn't realise this was already covered by the card. After seeing this guide, I wrote to them at the end of November. There was a bit of delay while I dug out details of the bank accounts (all I could find was a couple of account numbers and sort codes - not the original Sentinel acc number), but they have since written to offer a refund of the original premium plus interest - nearly £70 in total. Well done to them, and thanks MSE!
  • Gregory33
    Gregory33 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I dug out the forms etc following Martin Lewis money advice on This Morning. I called the help line telephone no and was told that my claim related to Lloyd's and was from 1997 till 2009. I changed my band in that year. They gave me a telephone no to call at Lloyd's and I was informed that I was due a total of £279 36. This included interest. Firstly he said they would send me a cheque for £251 49p being total due when the tax was deducted from the interest paid (interest £139).
    However when I informed him that I had been sent a claim form from AI scheme he then said I needed to complete the form and send it back to AI. He then there was not a problem and that I would receive compensation from 2005 - 2009 from AI .2 Weeks later I would receive the payment for 1997 - 2005 from Lloyd and a cheque would be sent to me. He informed me that he will confirm this in a letter to me which I should receive within the next 5 - 10 days. I was very surprised at how easy all this seems to be.
    I now realise that I have had CPP cover from when I moved to Alliance and Leicester in 2009. I will need to have a look and see whether any refund is due on that product. I had this as part of a packaged current account. That particular account Premier 50 account was discontinued a year or two ago when they changed me to their 123 current account. Sue
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • milly88
    milly88 Posts: 95 Forumite
    Options
    I got my claim sorted out very quickly through A1 for the years that they were offering..

Although the earlier years are with Master Card. I did write and no one responded..........However, I will now write to the CEO and ask for the compensation.

Lets see what happens NOW.
    milly88

I follow Legal Allsorts, a very interesting site.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure