DBS Single Offence Check

1234568»

Comments

• SAME HERE. God help:( I don't know what to do, I have the account number n sort code of the scammers like why can't they just pull my money out from em?!! :mad::(
  • This scam and scams of this kind will be featured in the new series of Rip Off Britain on BBC1 which will start in the autumn
  • The episode of Rip Off Britain featuring 'Madeem Recruitment' scam went out on BBC1 this morning.
  • An individual cannot get an enhanced DBS check on themselves.
    Whilst that is true an individual can apply to Disclosure Scotland (still called that even in England & Wales) and get a basic disclosure for themselves.

There is no other sort of checks available eg "single offence check".

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/basicdisclosureonline/index.htm
  • nmr1991
    nmr1991 Posts: 45 Forumite
    i've been accepted a zero hours job on condition that i give them a dbs report, the agency who sent me this job said they'd pay for it and would only cost £25, i'd pay for it myself if i could but they've done so 2 weeks ago, so told i should wait 3-4 weeks for the [basic] dbs check to go through and they will pass it on to the employer I assume, so it's not my money that's lost if nothing comes of it. i know why i'm asked for the dbs is because it will be dealing with vulnerable/elderly people.
  • Gingernutty
    Gingernutty Posts: 3,769 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It doesn't sound like your agency is any use if they don't know how to perform a DBS check.

I'd keep looking for work through other agencies.
    :huh: Don't know what I'm doing, but doing it anyway... :huh:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport