DBS Single Offence Check

135678

Comments

  • I almost fell for this I got an email from a woman using an app called docusign, saying we saw your cv on indeed and are looking to open new office in your area and had a link to their website and job offer...
    I scheduled a phone interview on the site SmarterEnergy .... got the call at the arranged time and had my phone interview with a man (the recruitment officer) seemed legit.
    I got an email from the man saying a decision would be made in 24 hours as these are special circumstances and usually they would have face to face interviews.
    Anyway the next morning I get an email from the woman using docusign saying after listing to my recorded phone interview they have decided to offer me the job... there is a contract to sign on this docusign app, also in the email she says the recruitment manager will also email me with further details.... he asks me to sign the contract, asks for my NI number and also for a CBs check that I have to pay for (he included a link to the CBs check site) it would of cost £99 ... and I would be reimbursed in my first pay check.
    Anyway I did some digging there was no record of offices at the locations they said they where based and also no information of this company apart from this one site...(strange seen as they have been trading years). I also noticed others had been scammed with paying for a CBs check...i emailed him, in which he would reply within minutes with some story for everything... I decided to check their site again and noticed something ... and that's when I stumble upon an identical site with a few minor changes, the name BulkEnergy .... identical site with only the name and number switched... ha new it was to good to be true... so I emailed him pointing out this site... shock the quick replier goes quiet.

    p.s it wouldn't let me post the links to the sites
  • TomaKaThor wrote: »
    I almost fell for this I got an email from a woman using an app called docusign, saying we saw your cv on indeed and are looking to open new office in your area and had a link to their website and job offer...
    I scheduled a phone interview on the site SmarterEnergy .... got the call at the arranged time and had my phone interview with a man (the recruitment officer) seemed legit.
    I got an email from the man saying a decision would be made in 24 hours as these are special circumstances and usually they would have face to face interviews.
    Anyway the next morning I get an email from the woman using docusign saying after listing to my recorded phone interview they have decided to offer me the job... there is a contract to sign on this docusign app, also in the email she says the recruitment manager will also email me with further details.... he asks me to sign the contract, asks for my NI number and also for a CBs check that I have to pay for (he included a link to the CBs check site) it would of cost £99 ... and I would be reimbursed in my first pay check.
    Anyway I did some digging there was no record of offices at the locations they said they where based and also no information of this company apart from this one site...(strange seen as they have been trading years). I also noticed others had been scammed with paying for a CBs check...i emailed him, in which he would reply within minutes with some story for everything... I decided to check their site again and noticed something ... and that's when I stumble upon an identical site with a few minor changes, the name BulkEnergy .... identical site with only the name and number switched... ha new it was to good to be true... so I emailed him pointing out this site... shock the quick replier goes quiet.

    p.s it wouldn't let me post the links to the sites
    Definitely sounds like the same scammers, terrible that they just make up company after company. Have you reported it to the police via Action Fraud?
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    This scam would stop overnight if people grew a pair and stopped paying for DBS checks. They are for the employer, so employer pays. Every time.
  • usefulmale wrote: »
    This scam would stop overnight if people grew a pair and stopped paying for DBS checks. They are for the employer, so employer pays. Every time.


    Not every time they don't. Have you even read this thread? Charities esp do not pay for DBS checks.
  • CrazyRed
    CrazyRed Posts: 254 Forumite
    Charities most certainly DO pay for DBS checks!

    I work for a charity, and, when my previous CRB "expired" the charity asked me to come into the office, fill out an online form and go through another Enhanced DBS - they paid!
    PLEASE NOTE:

    I limit myself to responding to threads where I feel I have enough knowledge to make a useful contribution. My advice (and indeed any advice on this type of forum) should only be seen as a pointer to something you may wish to investigate further. Never act on any forum advice without confirmation from an accountable source.
  • CrazyRed wrote: »
    Charities most certainly DO pay for DBS checks!

    I work for a charity, and, when my previous CRB "expired" the charity asked me to come into the office, fill out an online form and go through another Enhanced DBS - they paid!

    Well not all employers pay for a DBS check I suspect if you have to pay they reimburse you. I have applied for jobs before where you do have to pay for the DBS check yourself which the employer then reimburses you for the expense.
  • usefulmale
    usefulmale Posts: 2,627 Forumite
    BuzzyBee77 wrote: »
    Not every time they don't. Have you even read this thread? Charities esp do not pay for DBS checks.

    To make it simple for you. Employee should NEVER pay for a DBS check.
  • I am SO glad I have come here and looked before I did anything further with this company.

    I too have had the same e-mail and telephone "interview". They are now asking for a Single Offence check, which shock horror costs £99.

    I am not paying and I will report this all to both Action Fraud and also the DBS because I would feel that they are attempting to use a fake DBS check to obtain cash.

    VERY dubious indeed, what rotters!
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    usefulmale wrote: »
    To make it simple for you. Employee should NEVER pay for a DBS check.
    My Local Community Leisure Trust requires applicants to pay for their DBS checks from their first 4 payments so don't make such sweeping statements
  • HappyMJ
    HappyMJ Posts: 21,115 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    pmduk wrote: »
    My Local Community Leisure Trust requires applicants to pay for their DBS checks from their first 4 payments so don't make such sweeping statements

    The point is employees should never pay for the check.

    If the deduction from the employees first 4 payments brings their hourly rate below the National Minimum Wage then that is illegal and action against the employer can be taken.

    If an employer wants me to work for them then they pay. I don't care that I need a job I will never pay for a check. If I would like to volunteer for a charity then they pay all the expenses involved to get me to work for them and that will require them to pay. If they refuse then I must decline to offer my labour for free.
    :footie:
    :p Regular savers earn 6% interest (HSBC, First Direct, M&S) :p Loans cost 2.9% per year (Nationwide) = FREE money. :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards