Ugg Boots from £62 delivered

Options

Comments

• mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone purchased mens uggs? my OH got a pair of the slip on ones in the US last year and loves them so was thinking of getting him the short ones for xmas if i can find a good price. I was wondering of there was much difference in sizing between the mens and womens short uggs ie could i get either depending on which works out cheapest as they look the same in photos:confused: TIA

My DH has 2 pairs, one other brand and one uGg pair. He's a 9.5 uk and he got the UK 9/ US M10. They come up big but only one size out the same as the junior ones, they are also wider than the womens. If for example you OH is a UK8 with a narrow width I reckon you could get away with the m&m direct womens ones!

My DH wears one pair as slippers and the uGg ones he wears with jeans or trackie bottoms when out with the dog or visiting family, anywhere he knows his mates wont be to take the p. :rotfl: But he says they are sooo comfy! Makes him appreciate why i NEED them!!
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    Options
    mookie wrote: »
    My DH has 2 pairs, one other brand and one uGg pair. He's a 9.5 uk and he got the UK 9/ US M10. They come up big but only one size out the same as the junior ones, they are also wider than the womens. If for example you OH is a UK8 with a narrow width I reckon you could get away with the m&m direct womens ones!

My DH wears one pair as slippers and the uGg ones he wears with jeans or trackie bottoms when out with the dog or visiting family, anywhere he knows his mates wont be to take the p. :rotfl: But he says they are sooo comfy! Makes him appreciate why i NEED them!!

lol sounds exactly like my OH. TBH i'm just glad he gets the whole ugg thing, and doesn't go :eek: when he sees the price tags. He's a UK8, US9 so i'm debating whether the M&M ladies size 8 would fit him. I had read somewhere that the classic boots were meant to be unisex so hoped they would be ok. I take it that the uk 8 is the same for both men and women, as i'm none the wiser after reading up on sizing:confused:
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
  • mookie
    Options
    lol sounds exactly like my OH. TBH i'm just glad he gets the whole ugg thing, and doesn't go :eek: when he sees the price tags. He's a UK8, US9 so i'm debating whether the M&M ladies size 8 would fit him. I had read somewhere that the classic boots were meant to be unisex so hoped they would be ok. I take it that the uk 8 is the same for both men and women, as i'm none the wiser after reading up on sizing:confused:

I would think its just the width on the mens sizing comes up wider. You can always return them if they are not the right size. I dont think they are unisex though as mens say M in front of the sizing and womens have the W but if he is an average or narrow width and can fit into an 8 its not gonna make any odds they look exactly the same.
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    Options
    mookie wrote: »
    I would think its just the width on the mens sizing comes up wider. You can always return them if they are not the right size. I dont think they are unisex though as mens say M in front of the sizing and womens have the W but if he is an average or narrow width and can fit into an 8 its not gonna make any odds they look exactly the same.

Thanks for your help, i think i may order them and see what they are like when they come. I want them for xmas but i think m&m direct allow returns up to the end of Jan :T I just noticed the unisex thing on the cozyboots site when i did a google search, where they were encouraging women to buy the mens short boots :confused:

http://www.cozyboots.com/ugg-boot.shtml?group=210
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
  • mookie
    Options
    Thanks for your help, i think i may order them and see what they are like when they come. I want them for xmas but i think m&m direct allow returns up to the end of Jan :T I just noticed the unisex thing on the cozyboots site when i did a google search, where they were encouraging women to buy the mens short boots :confused:

http://www.cozyboots.com/ugg-boot.shtml?group=210

That must be so they continue selling them when they run out of womens sizes. DH got his from there and they defo have a M on the size label. They are probably all the same with different labels sewn in anyway. ;)
  • laura2481
    laura2481 Posts: 4,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I know these aren't 'Ugg Australia' but they are 'Australian Ugg's' and they have a special offer on for their classic tall boots with a pashmina for less than £79.50. Save's £100 on the price of 'Ugg Australia' boots and they are almost identical as far as I can see!

http://www.australianuggboots.com.au/uk/products/special_offers/classtall_pashmina_offer.html
  • Andiepandie
    Options
    Morning Everyone,

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the best deal on kids UGG boots, possibly pink! I am really lost..... I have relatives in Australia who recommended a website in Oz & the kids boots are £46, I thought they were real but after reading some of these posts I'm now not so sure! My daughter is 7 (8 next week)........... will she know the difference? These ones that are £46 are sheepkin & I'm told by my relatives that they are just as good your just not paying for the name! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What does a mum do? Are the real Uggs worth it for a little one who will grow out of them before they are worn out!
    Any thought would be much appreciated!
    Debsx
    @ the risk of sounding like an "MandM Direct" fiend - the ones I got for my daughter (EMU Uggs, tall, Pink) that we got today are really nice on.. and have Merino wool lining.. I also took a look at "justsheepskin.co.uk" this evening to compare.. they were definitely "woolier" inside than the EMUs - but thats maybe down to preference. At £19 pounds.. I am well chuffed with the M/M direct Uggs for my daughter - but will wait and see how she copes with keeping them clean :rotfl: hope this helps !! I am personally hanging on for the Shudoo discount day in November for myself..
    Wish to be out of O/draft by end of 2011 - [STRIKE]£-696.20 Jan'11 [/STRIKE]:think:[STRIKE]£633.88 Feb'11[/STRIKE][STRIKE]£-680.21[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Mar'11 £-813.13(its going the wrong way!)[/STRIKE]apr'11 £-660 (given up on this bit.. too depressing!):(
    Crazy 2011 clothes challenge #81: £270.97/£300
  • mookie
    Options
    @ the risk of sounding like an "MandM Direct" fiend - the ones I got for my daughter (EMU Uggs, tall, Pink) that we got today are really nice on.. and have Merino wool lining.. I also took a look at "justsheepskin.co.uk" this evening to compare.. they were definitely "woolier" inside than the EMUs - but thats maybe down to preference. At £19 pounds.. I am well chuffed with the M/M direct Uggs for my daughter - but will wait and see how she copes with keeping them clean :rotfl: hope this helps !! I am personally hanging on for the Shudoo discount day in November for myself..

Just a reminder for people looking at Emus, the lower priced ones are actually Suede leather uppers not Sheepskin they do have the same wool lining. For children they are probably a better alternative as suede is harder wearing and easier to clean than sheepskin.

Anybody looking for sheepskin upper which is the same as the uGg brand the Emu sheepskin upper boots are a lot more money.

I believe the 'Bronte' is the suede upper and the 'Stinger' is the sheepskin version.

HTH
  • Tardowl
    Options
    Hi, just been having a wee read of this thread, found this 5% promo code for Shudoo :)
    http://www.myvouchercodes.co.uk/discounts/shudoo.co.uk
  • devonpie
    Options
    Yes, I can certainly recommend for Hartings' Canterbury boots having ordered from there before. In fact I'd go as far as to say these are the best sheespkin boots I own to date! :)

Do you get stung by Customs charges buying from NZ or is that price what you will pay? Cheers.
    Many dollars can buy many peanuts!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport