🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ugg Boots from £62 delivered

Options

Comments

• JVRMac
    JVRMac Posts: 212 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, I can certainly recommend for Hartings' Canterbury boots having ordered from there before. In fact I'd go as far as to say these are the best sheespkin boots I own to date! :)

After much indecision I have ordered a pair of these today and at £55 inc delivery for the short UGGs it seems excellent value for money, it also states-

"A leading exporter, the company is the recipient of a number of government awards and has for many years been a preferred manufacturer for Deckers Outdoor Corporation - owners of the UGG® Australia brand. "

I'll update once received, he he can't wait!!!:j
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS do a check on the website to find out who owns the domain. Very easy to do using the following site: http://www.whois-search.com/

If the registrant is listed as person called Yuan Chen then please do not touch the site with a bargepole!!!!

This man is a con artist operating hundreds of illicit websites selling counterfeit products and has a number of websites already registered specifically using the word UGG in the url. Any website you come across using the word ugg MUST be checked.
    STEER WELL CLEAR!!!!
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS do a check on the website to find out who owns the domain. Very easy to do using the following site: http://www.whois-search.com/

If the registrant is listed as person called Yuan Chen then please do not touch the site with a bargepole!!!!

This man is a con artist operating hundreds of illicit websites selling counterfeit products and has a number of websites already registered specifically using the word UGG in the url. Any website you come across using the word ugg MUST be checked.
    STEER WELL CLEAR!!!!

I thought as much, this is like the main ugg site last year, as soon as one shuts down another appears! Well done Chameleon :T Lets hope this thread stops people losing their hard earned cash!
  • mookie
    Options
    lynneh wrote: »

Thanks, Chameleon has been on the case and its as I thought. :mad:
  • mookie
    Options
    lynneh wrote: »
    Thanks for that I will check it out now. There is a tracking no which I took a note of, and I have checked on other order no.s to see if they received their parcels or not. Although it seems like they took a little while to arrive, they did get them.
    To make matters worse my CC card company rang me to ask about the transaction! The amount they have charged me is different to the amount I paid. Also I have checked EMS reviews to see if they are a bonafide delivery company, and they are, however not a very good one by all accounts!!!

I would call them and say that you have discovered since ordering that the site is selling fake goods and has been shut down and as yet you have not received anything. I am sure they can help in some way.

Did you pay with Paypal or just direct to credit card?
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mookie wrote: »
    I thought as much, this is like the main ugg site last year, as soon as one shuts down another appears! Well done Chameleon :T Lets hope this thread stops people losing their hard earned cash!

I certainly hope so!!! What is even more interesting is that his registered address is in China, yet the IP of several sites he owns points to North America :think:
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • lynneh
    lynneh Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Hello I paid using a credit card. I rang the customer services back last night but they said that they couldnt do anything for 7 days as the payment was "pending"
  • jodee-babes
    Options
    I invested in a pair of Genuine Ugg Australias from Harrods in London. The cost me £160. I think they were worth every penny! I started of with a cheap pair of knock off which lasted me a few weeks as I lived in them. I then invested in a pair of JUST sheepskin boots These beautys cost me £99.00 from House of fraser I lived in them I still have these but they became tatty as I wear them near enough everyday and I were them in mud ect. I then when I got some inheritance money bought a pair even though I new my Nanna would be turning in her grave lol they made me happy which is what she wanted most.

They are now selling JUST sheepskin boots for £52 in Original Shoe Co!

Also after looking at http://www.snugaustraliauggboots.com.au/fashion_ugg_boots/c29/p202/Cardy_Ugg_Socks_&_Boots_-_Sand/product_info.html?osCsid=f5c6c3c161095eec4f08e936c08fb485 These are not GENUINE uggs.

Like the post says the genuine ones have a larger G you can also tell as I looked at the Cardy uggs they fur from have from half way down in the geunine uggs this starts at the ankles.

Thanks Jodee.x
  • jeffbeb
    jeffbeb Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    I have found a site selling Emu Bronte boots at £39.99 for LO and £59.99 for Hi with free delivery.

http://www.moo-shu.co.uk/catalogue/fashion_emu_boots_category.php

This seems to be a good price for Bronte's, especially with an extra 10% off
    However, they dont sell the Stinger version, which from reading through these posts seem to be the better quality boot. Does anyone have any recomendations for good priced Stingers?

Also FYI, the Moo-shu website has current disount codes for 10% and 20% off during November. No sure if I am allow to post the codes here, but you can see them on here:
    http://www.catalogue-connection.co.uk/
  • mookie
    Options
    They are now selling JUST sheepskin boots for £52 in Original Shoe Co!

Also after looking at http://www.snugaustraliauggboots.com.au/fashion_ugg_boots/c29/p202/Cardy_Ugg_Socks_&_Boots_-_Sand/product_info.html?osCsid=f5c6c3c161095eec4f08e936c08fb485 These are not GENUINE uggs.

Like the post says the genuine ones have a larger G you can also tell as I looked at the Cardy uggs they fur from have from half way down in the geunine uggs this starts at the ankles.

I doubt anyone is going to want to read this whole thread as its soooo long now...but UGG is a generic term for a sheepskin boot in this style, all boots made of genuine sheepskin are modelled on the design from Australia. Snugaustralia are not fake boots, they are good quality genuine australian ugg boots, but not the Ugg Australia brand that most people want for fashion status. They do quote on the foot of their website Please note, we are not affiliated in any way with the Deckers Outdoor Corporation and their "Ugg Australia" brand. All products sold at our on-line store are made in Australia from 100% natural sheepskin.

Australian manufacturers being shamed as selling fakes on this thread would be unfair due to the amount of views it gets so i thought I would mention this. :o

Fake boots are those selling ones with the Ugg Australia logo stuck on a interior quality counterfeit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport