🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Ugg Boots from £62 delivered

Options

Comments

• leeminky
    Options
    Thank you all ever so much. I wasn't that worried about my own, but I recommended them to friends who ordered three pairs. That worried me the most. Thank you, feel a lot better now!
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Buyer Beware!!!!!

It is that time of year again when con-men/women from around the world prey on those desperately seeking a certain brand of UGG boots and we see all manner of websites popping up selling "cheap" "bargain" boots!

Whilst I appreciate there may be genuine newbie posters querying the legitimacy of certain sites having found this thread via Google
    (thankyou for the reminder Andrea ;) ) everyone must also remain on their guard as this is often how the spammers target this thread by posting what appears to be an innocent query about a particular site ;)

If it sounds too good to be true (i.e. a lot cheaper than the usual outlets) then it usually is!!! :D
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    Buyer Beware!!!!!

It is that time of year again when con-men/women from around the world prey on those desperately seeking a certain brand of UGG boots and we see all manner of websites popping up selling "cheap" "bargain" boots!

Whilst I appreciate there may be genuine newbie posters querying the legitimacy of certain sites having found this thread via Google
    (thankyou for the reminder Andrea ;) ) everyone must also remain on their guard as this is often how the spammers target this thread by posting what appears to be an innocent query about a particular site ;)

If it sounds too good to be true (i.e. a lot cheaper than the usual outlets) then it usually is!!! :D

One of my posts got deleted, but I dont think I was being unfair, I put spam with a ? next to it in case it was and still answered the posters question :confused:
    Seems very odd that as soon as Andrea comments that newbies may be asking genuine queries a load of new posts for these sites appear.

I agree buyer beware, last year saw several new members join just to say they had got scammed, lets hope this doesnt happen this year.
  • JenTee
    Options
    Hi, Im a newbie but, like all of you, desperate for a cheap but genuine pair of UGG boots!

Ive looked at alot of posts on here and Im more confused than ever! Can anyone tell me a good site to get a pair of chestnut or chocolate UGG boots size 7 for my daughter's 18th. She is driving me nuts!

Any help would be much appreciated. I would prefer UK site/purchase as Im wary about the custom tax etc.

Thank you
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    JenTee wrote: »
    Hi, Im a newbie but, like all of you, desperate for a cheap but genuine pair of UGG boots!

Ive looked at alot of posts on here and Im more confused than ever! Can anyone tell me a good site to get a pair of chestnut or chocolate UGG boots size 7 for my daughter's 18th. She is driving me nuts!

Any help would be much appreciated. I would prefer UK site/purchase as Im wary about the custom tax etc.

Thank you

If you can wait til the 18th of November there should be a 30% off code available for one day for www.shudoo.co.uk I ordered my tall chocolates from them and saved just over £50!
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • bluegnu
    Options
    Buyer Beware!!!!!

At the risk of this post being deleted like most of my others, surely that message - whilst common sense - is defeating the purpose of this thread. Some of us (most of us) aren't stupid and maybe just maybe there is a good deal out there, but I thought that's what this thread was about - getting advice on that sort of thing. I came on here having found what looked to be a good deal on "Genuine" Ugg boots. I've been an avid user of MSE for years, but never posted on these forums before and was instantly assumed to be a spammer.

Yes all forums get spam, I run one myself, but there are just as many geniune advice seekers out there who don't need to be patronised and don't need their posts deleted for no good reason.

And if this forum isn't moderated, who is deleting the posts?!

Now getting back to the real question, if the site I mentioned hasn't been used by anyone else then naturally I'm not going to risk buying from them, but of all the lower cost boots (Emu, Snugg etc) which would people recommend because there are so many conflicting opinions in this thread.
  • blue_monkey_2
    Options
    bluegnu, all links that go to unauthorised sellers will be removed - if it saves someone else getting stung then it is all worth it.

As I have said before there is RRP on these boots, sure a discount code is going to give more money off, some retailers INSIST that their RRP is adhered to - as seems to be the case with Ugg Australia - otherwise they are not allowed to sell them. End of. So retailers give out discount codes so they can sell them at a reduced rate without upsetting their supplier and losing their contract.

The boots in the US are RRP, the difference on these boots is the cost of postage and the exchange rate - which is pretty pants at the moment - and of course that ever enticing discount code.

ANY site selling cheap Ugg Boots that is lower than RRP will be selling boots that are fakes. I have looked at a LOT of sites and I have not found anywhere selling them for anything other than a few pounds less than RRP. Clearly Deckers have strict rules on the RRP being adhered to else we would find lots of different prices on the boots. But we do not. This has been mentioned over and over again, the deals to be had are from using discount codes, places that offer free or cheap shipping and from buying from overseas.

ANY SITE SELLING UGG AUSTRALIA BOOTS LOWER THAN RRP ARE SELLING FAKES!!!!

There is no need to ask about sites over and over as it is obvious that they are fakes, if the post is removed it is because the boots are fake. Any site mentioned on these threads selling boots that are not Authentic will be reported and removed so that other people googling do not lose their money by buying from them. I hope you understand. There is a list of sites selling Authentic Ugg Australia boots on the other thread that is running, please check these and use a discount code as you can be sure you are buying the real thing.
  • mookie
    mookie Posts: 2,655 Forumite
    Options
    bluegnu wrote: »
    [/CENTER]
    At the risk of this post being deleted like most of my others, surely that message - whilst common sense - is defeating the purpose of this thread. Some of us (most of us) aren't stupid and maybe just maybe there is a good deal out there, but I thought that's what this thread was about - getting advice on that sort of thing. I came on here having found what looked to be a good deal on "Genuine" Ugg boots. I've been an avid user of MSE for years, but never posted on these forums before and was instantly assumed to be a spammer.

Yes all forums get spam, I run one myself, but there are just as many geniune advice seekers out there who don't need to be patronised and don't need their posts deleted for no good reason.

And if this forum isn't moderated, who is deleting the posts?!

Now getting back to the real question, if the site I mentioned hasn't been used by anyone else then naturally I'm not going to risk buying from them, but of all the lower cost boots (Emu, Snugg etc) which would people recommend because there are so many conflicting opinions in this thread.

The forum is not moderated but reported posts will be deleted which takes time. In this time a regular poster may well give an opinion on a site to prevent the poster or others who view the link from losing their money.

There really are no bargains to be had on Ugg Australia boots unless there is a code available for a well known retailer as blue_monkey has already covered and this is reliably sourced information.

Anyway back to your question have you checked out Canterbury boots? They might be what you are looking for and are very well priced with free shipping and several members here recommend them http://www.hartings.co.nz/canterbury_footwear.asp
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mookie wrote: »

Anyway back to your question have you checked out Canterbury boots? They might be what you are looking for and are very well priced with free shipping and several members here recommend them http://www.hartings.co.nz/canterbury_footwear.asp

Yes, I can certainly recommend for Hartings' Canterbury boots having ordered from there before. In fact I'd go as far as to say these are the best sheespkin boots I own to date! :)
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • Kirstina88
    Options
    Thank to Missx102!!

I've now got a beautiful pair of size 4 chocolate brown UGG boots she was going to take back to USC!! WOO WOO!! Got to love the UGG boots!

x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family