Add your feedback on energy supplier Robin Hood Energy

Options

Comments

• AbbieCadabra
    AbbieCadabra Posts: 1,707 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    should I cancel my DD or not?

we'll have been with RH for approx. 5 weeks when our switch away takes place in about 10 days time. electric only & very little used as property isn't lived in full time.

would prefer to pay a final bill when received instead of trying to get a refund of a regular monthly DD (if they even start taking them).

Safe to cancel DD in this scenario do you think? :)
  • ThemeOne
    ThemeOne Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I've recently taken over a prepayment gas account supplied by RHE, and so far they've been pretty useless - lots of mistakes and over half an hour to answer the phone.
  • alexhaddow
    Options
    I helped my mother to switch to RH in January. Their website was flakey when we tried to enter readings so a phone call was needed. That was the first of two shambolic attempts to get some verbal help. An email question took weeks for a response, so given the recent large price hike, she asked me to switch her again. Thanks to MSE's energy club, that was an easy process . I am afraid my conclusion is that councils should NOT be trying to be businesses. I suspect that RH has bitten off more than it can chew by going national.
  • PaschalFun
    PaschalFun Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    alexhaddow wrote: »
    I helped my mother to switch to RH in January. Their website was flakey when we tried to enter readings so a phone call was needed. That was the first of two shambolic attempts to get some verbal help. An email question took weeks for a response, so given the recent large price hike, she asked me to switch her again. Thanks to MSE's energy club, that was an easy process . I am afraid my conclusion is that councils should NOT be trying to be businesses. I suspect that RH has bitten off more than it can chew by going national.

Your mother must be so proud of you and your moneysaving attempts.

Unfortunately, you switched her to a variable rate tariff, when MSE was warning of price rises, and advising people to grab a cheap fix before they too disappeared.

By your actions, your mother missed out on a cheap fix, Iirc, MSE was advocating a cheap fix for 2 winters a month or so before you ignored that info.

But welcome to MSE all the same. Perhaps you will either follow the official advice in future, or at least ask if unsure...:cool:
  • AbbieCadabra
    Options
    should I cancel my DD or not?

we'll have been with RH for approx. 5 weeks when our switch away takes place in about 10 days time. electric only & very little used as property isn't lived in full time.

would prefer to pay a final bill when received instead of trying to get a refund of a regular monthly DD (if they even start taking them).

Safe to cancel DD in this scenario do you think? :)

I've decided to leave the DD active in case it causes an issue with the switch as I've read a few recent comments regarding other suppliers objecting to a switch in this scenario.

I did email RH 22.03.17 when I requested the switch & queried this, despite the standard email of "we'll reply within 24 hours", no further contact from them & I don't think i'll hold my breath waiting....

RH facebook page has gone very quiet from them since price increases announced, still a few people complaining they can't contact them & their twitter feed replies are nearly all apologies.
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    It depends if allowing your account to continue means you'll be in credit or not. No point allowing the money to go out if you'll need to claw it back.
  • AbbieCadabra
    Options
    switch away completed 25.04.17 but still waiting on final bill. payment was taken for billed charges to 18.04.17 & I've left the DD active as the account was set to pay bills on demand (but could have sworn I requested monthly DD) & we'll owe them approx. £10.00.
  • sheff6107
    sheff6107 Posts: 451 Forumite
    Options
    Took about 3 weeks to send me a final bill and they took what they were owed in the next month's final direct debit payment.
  • AbbieCadabra
    edited 8 June 2017 at 1:03PM
    Options
    6 weeks are up now & still waiting on final bill...

edit to add: just sent them a message on facebook, very quick reply to advise that final/start read in dispute with new supplier. we've already had our first bill from new supplier so not quite sure how it works or why still in 'dispute' as far as they are concerned. RH have said "We are in contact with your new supplier and we aim to agree on the same read, and then we can produce your final bill."
  • KeithJohnAlger
    Options
    New build house as of Jan 2017, came with supplies from BG. Due to previous experience with BG switched asap. This took a while, and BG managed to make a host of errors in their very short time supplying us (new build energy efficient house, BG estimated we should be using £180/month of gas!!! actual was less than 1/10 this!). So we switched to RHE. Shortly after switching they promptly stuffed a massive price hike on us. To try and keep things simple we changed tariffs to one that was not so exorbitant. However, they're making just as many errors as BG, and I note that they are now offering a new fix with substantially better rates than the one we are on. As for this months bill, it's late!

We've also been promised smart meters, a couple of times, but the fitting dates come and go with no sign of anyone actually turning up to fit them!

I could not suggest that anyone in their right mind switch to RHE, as soon as we get our billing sorted out properly, or they mess it up so massively that it's no more hassle to leave than it is to stay, then we'll probably leave. I certainly don't see this as a long term supplier!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure