Options

Comments

• GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 6 September 2015 at 9:39PM
    Options
    update

Went into branch yesterday was only in there 10 mins or so...

Spoke to a lovely lady who accepted my driving licence as proof of my name/address then had so sign/date some papers.

After that she said my account is all set up...

Telephone/Online banking details 3/5 days in the post
    Pin Number/Card 5/7 days in the post

had very good customer service better than
    HSBC (When I was with them)
    Barclays (been ok so far)
    TSB (Have hardly need to go to branch yet)

lets hope the online banking is easy to use
  • rangers_fc
    Options
    Hoping my application goes through electronically, as Im not near a branch. Has anyone managed to send proof of ID by email or fax, if my application dosen't go through electronically unsure what I could do as Im 100 miles from my nearest branch by road.
  • guesswho2000
    Options
    This seems to be a common issue. Last year I opened a FlexDirect and got the ID check letter too, despite already having a FlexAccount, mortgage and credit card with them - I called them and they confirmed they didn't, in fact, need my ID verifying! A few years ago, having closed all my Nationwide products, I tried to open a new account, and they said the opposite, that they didn't need my details (which they didn't) because I was ID Verified from previously having an account.

Similarly, OH opened one a few weeks ago and got the same letter (she's half of the mortgage, but has no other NW accounts). We ignored the letter, the card and pin turned up a week later, and the account appeared in online baking. So it seems that it's some sort of hiccup in their system!
  • GTR_King
    edited 9 September 2015 at 9:43PM
    Options
    Ok i went into branch last sat... Account got set up & signed forums...

Monday got letter so signed it & sent it in post today...

Today I got my Pin number & same letter To sign (Shall i Ignore that letter)

Can I use barclays pin sentry device to log into online banking??

Hopefully debit card will come tomorrow & other details etc

then can log online & get account up & running

it weird that pin number came 1st usually it internet/telephone banking then welcome pack then pin number/debit card...
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You can use your pinsentry device as card readers hold no account specific details. You will obviously just need to wait for your debit card to use in your pinsentry.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • GTR_King
    Options
    ok thanks I will wait till my debit card comes & use that to log in....

Will change my login details as can't remember them when opened account. and will change pin number to something i can remember e.g 5344 to 5522 (Not any of my pin numbers)

in no rush but account will be fully operational in a few days
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You don't need a card reader to log into Nationwide.
  • GTR_King
    Options
    I know but I can't remember my pass number but think i know my memorable data so gonna wait for debit card to come..

Then I am gonna reset them all to something I can remember so can log in easier.
  • Elzmumof3
    Options
    GTR king - how long after taking ID did you get account number etc? I took id in on tues, have a tax rebate cheque sitting here I can't pay in till I get account number etc. thanks
    January Wins - Gangster Squad Goodies, Sun Lotion
    February Wins - Wombles Goody Bag, Ideal Home Show Tickets, Lunch on Cruise Ship
    March Wins - 2night family break to legoland, outfit from Kaleidoscope, Iron Cleaning Stck.
    2013 aims - Ipad, Iphone, Family Holiday.
  • GTR_King
    Options
    i went into branch sat..

I have card/pin now & logged onto online banking all ready
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income