My so called friend MR DEBT only has 36 months left to live

Options

Comments

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yippee my emergency fund now has £80.10p :j To be honest I don't even know how ive managed to accumulate that much. Watching every penny really does help AND sticking to my weekly budget.

Budget done for this week. I just have to do my shopping and keep within it I will try soooo hard. :)

I am even in front with my TV licence :j Got caught about 15 years ago and vowed never to do that again. I pay the same every week and it ends up in credit.

Have to keep on with this debt busting it feels good be in control.

Have a good day all

Brilliant! It will just keep going up from now on, until you have an emergency, and then thats what its for anyway! :T
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Slightly worried about Sunday as myself and OH both have eye tests Our glasses at the moment don't seem strong enough any more.
    (maybe that's why our debt is so high, Maybe I thought the balances were a lot lower than the actually are) :rotfl: Certainly not funny but I have to have a joke now and again as I would have cracked up big time by now.

I am thinking about my snowball account that I have been squirrelling money in to. I may be able to purchase new glasses out of that as I still have about 2-3 weeks untill my CC statements are due and I will be able to put it back.

However I am on track for my snowball payments and still have my wages to come yet. Therefore I have time to put it back. Usually I would have just thought about which CC to use but this time I will look at other means of payment. :)

Tesco are doing free eye tests and glasses are buy one get one free. I did ask if I could just have the free one and the lady wasnt amused. :)
    SP 9#531=£620/SP 10 # 531=?PDBX 2016 #2 = £16,766.67/£12,000
    PDBX 2017 #2 = £1,200/£12,000

''If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain''
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Well I ended up doing my shopping on line, I had a £12 off voucher and I only bought what I needed. :j I only went £8 over my budget which is not too drastic.

If I had gone in to the store I would have probably gone £48 over so not too much damage done there. Need to keep this up.

Been doing my weekly budget as planned and am ticking things off as I go. :)

I even found myself tonight giving my sister tips and ideas to help her deal with her CCs (maybe it runs in the family) I have pointed her in this direction :D

Still actually looking forward to starting my snowball payments I just want to get the snowball rolling.

Onwards and upwards
    Good luck all

• Reb28
    Reb28 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing really well. :j I also find I spend less when I use online shopping, I've only been doing it recently because I had some money of vouchers but am thinking of continuing because I spend so much less.
    Great to hear you are building an emergency fund, I think I need to start one of those, and I thought your request for the free pair of glasses was funny perhaps the Tesco lady was having a bad day :rotfl:
    Reb
    LBM 28/08/15 16228.00 DFD 30/03/2022 01/09/15 16051.00 2% Paid
    79 payments to go
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Hi, have just read from the start and you are doing really well. Given you're only three months away from clearing the first debt, could you incentivise OH with his favourite takeaway if you get it cleared?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Thank you in need of direction. I so hope he starts to think along the same lines as me. I think once we clear one CC and he sees that our debt busting is working and maybe treat ourselves to a little takeaway he will be fully on board with me. At the moment he still has one leg on the shore :)

Anyway I've had a setback today and am so annoyed :mad: Went to the optician as planned and it ended up that we both needed new glasses. Way too expensive. I feel like I've been robbed lol.

Cant let that ruin my plans so I will juggle around more money if I can. If I carry on juggling like this I will get a job in the circus :rotfl:

• 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Well Hi all

Ive been juggling accounts,finances,budgets etc. I think I have been a little ambitious with my budgets,snowball budgeting payments etc :( The way I have looked at it is is basically leaving very little money left to do anything with.

I have re budgeted and re snowballed lowering the payments slightly. It then adds on another few months to my debt free day :(

However I think by doing it this way it will be more manageable and more realistic albeit I feel a little disappointed in myself. :o
    (Big kick up the backside given to myself and a few choice words).

On the plus side I am still very motivated and have even been adding to my emergency fund by rounding down accounts and it is actually growing :j

How does the weekend go so quick :shocked::shocked:

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    At least you figured it out now about the budget rather than going astray and then realising.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good on you for sorting it out

Here is a template for doing a budget

http://www.stoozing.com/calculator/soa.php
    The thing about this is it allows you to budget for yearly expenses as well as monthly ones. It also might make you think about categories of spends that you have forgotten up till now

Ref your kids, I don't know what they are paying you, but for all that if it isn't a couple of hundred a month, you are being done. They would pay FAR more than that if they were flatting so don't feel guilty about what they are paying.

Also what have you got that you can sell. Old mobile phones, broken gold jewellery any other 'stuff'?

Good luck
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Thanks Bob and chevalier

I have a OH to sell but no one wants him :rotfl: On a serious note I suppose I can expect the odd setback but am on target for my first snowball payments. I am looking forward to it and I think it will spur me on.
    Sounds sad but its keeping me motivated.

I will take a look at the stoozing link thank you for that.

Anyway apart from that I have had a good day at work and dinner all done and cleared away so I plan to do a lot more reading on here tonight.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills