My so called friend MR DEBT only has 36 months left to live

Options

Comments

• 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Morning all

Pouring of rain again :(

Still, I have realised I am obsessed with money at the moment but in a good way.
    I have been rounding down my accounts and moving around little bits of money.. Money I would have normally overlooked. This is all going towards my snowball payments in a couple of weeks time.

I have checked all CC monthly statements and are paid all until I get paid again. :)

Bring on the snowball fight.

I am still on track to make these payments with the extra little bit. I may even have a little over but I am thinking Should I pay the extra on one of the payments or stash that away for next months payments. Just in case I am a little short of my targets.

I cannot wait till I can pay my first snowball payments, hoping I will feel more determined to carry on and update my signature lol

However I must get into the habit of leaving my purse at home sometimes. Went to Tesco's opticians with DD yesterday. resulted in me buying a few bits of shopping which I really didn't need :mad:

Onwards and upwards (upwards in my determination not my debt)

Have a good bank holiday everyone
    SP 9#531=£620/SP 10 # 531=?PDBX 2016 #2 = £16,766.67/£12,000
    PDBX 2017 #2 = £1,200/£12,000

''If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain''
  • Jonesy88
    Jonesy88 Posts: 959 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Good luck with your journey :)

I have to control my OH too, he's happy to just leave me to it when it comes to debts. What works for us is that when he's paid he transfers a set amount to our joint account, then whatever's left is for him. If he spends it all, tough!
    :rudolf: DF by Xmas 2018: #83 £8,250/£15,000 55% :rudolf:
    SPC 7: #135 :staradmin | MFW 9.72% | Groceries: £6.49/£80 | Exercise 0/20 | NSDs 0/15
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Thank you Jonsey

My OH too is very flippant with money. What we/i have done is put the money that we need to keep our heads above water in my very basic bank account. I have left a little in our joint account and its there if he needs money during the week. If he sees quite a bit of money in there he just draws out what he wants without a thought of bills,debts etc.

When the bills need to be paid I will transfer the amounts we need to service our debts.

Once the debt starts to decrease hopefully it will spur him on to become more money savvy.

Well done for doing so well yourself

Thanks again and good luck

• Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thank you Bob

I am going to look at setting myself small targets and going on from there once I have reached it. I had a chat with OH last and he agreed that he does waste money,(although we have all been guilty of that at times). and
    He says he will be supporting me a bit more in this. (I need all the help i can get)

Still feeling positive at the moment. Need to keep it up

Goog luck and thank you

I suppose it's showing him too that you don't have to live in debt. There is another life out there that he can have. I think you'll do just fine this time around!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    I feel like a bit of a control freak at the moment, OH has been a little moody today and I think it's because I said enough's enough with the debt and we have to really tighten our belts if we want to become debt free. (his head is still partially buried in the sand I think)

I did broach the subject of money with the kids and they have agreed to contribute a little more each month. This makes me feel a bit guilty as it is our debt not theirs.

However when I look at what they are getting for their housekeeping.

Both have sky in their rooms,internet, endless showers, baths and heating (which will be on soon if this weather keeps up) Plenty of food in the house. All washing and ironing done for them. I could go on but I am just rambling now.

This afternoon I have just been a little overwhelmed by it all, I am back to work tomorrow :( so I will have other things to occupy my mind for a while. I actually started the day off on a high.

Sorry for the boring rant only I find it easier to write my diary as at times I feel I am dealing with it all.

Good luck all

• 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Morning world

Work beckons :(. Still at least I wont be spending any money today miserable weather today but am trying to boost my mood a little seem to be getting a little down with it all

The little devil on one shoulder is saying blow it your never going to get there. The angel on the other is saying keep reading how well others have done on here and you will. I must ignore the devil and aim for small steps instead of the bigger picture

I have on my snowball a CC that is the smallest balance. The snowball says it will be clear in 3 months. I am going to look at it as 3 payments or 12 weeks. Thats my first little target to reach.

Need to get my backside in gear :)
    Have a good day all

• Reb28
    Reb28 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Those Devils don't help do they :-)
    Its good that you have a small target to start you off, keep focussing on that, and once you reach it you will be so pleased that you will be ready to pick another target and so on, then before you know it, it will all be paid off.
    You will get there
    LBM 28/08/15 16228.00 DFD 30/03/2022 01/09/15 16051.00 2% Paid
    79 payments to go
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options

The little devil on one shoulder is saying blow it your never going to get there. The angel on the other is saying keep reading how well others have done on here and you will. I must ignore the devil and aim for small steps instead of the bigger picture

You WILL get there, 12 month challenge. After all, I did! Small steps, a couple of pounds here, 50p there, you can do it the same way :D
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I feel like a bit of a control freak at the moment, OH has been a little moody today and I think it's because I said enough's enough with the debt and we have to really tighten our belts if we want to become debt free. (his head is still partially buried in the sand I think)

I did broach the subject of money with the kids and they have agreed to contribute a little more each month. This makes me feel a bit guilty as it is our debt not theirs.

However when I look at what they are getting for their housekeeping.

Both have sky in their rooms,internet, endless showers, baths and heating (which will be on soon if this weather keeps up) Plenty of food in the house. All washing and ironing done for them. I could go on but I am just rambling now.

This afternoon I have just been a little overwhelmed by it all, I am back to work tomorrow :( so I will have other things to occupy my mind for a while. I actually started the day off on a high.

Sorry for the boring rant only I find it easier to write my diary as at times I feel I am dealing with it all.

Good luck all

You know what, I feel Grinchy with my family about 85% of the time. But if no one takes that role then where does that leave everyone? Sometimes you just have to be that unliked figure to get where YOU want to be. Obviously your husband isn't as bothered about debt in his life as you. And the kids will take their lead from you pretty much.
    I regularly remind my family though of how much we are saving and they all love bargains now. Be the Grinch for their sake.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • 12_month_challenge
    12_month_challenge Posts: 2,419 Forumite
    Chutzpah Haggler Car Insurance Carver! Rampant Recycler
    edited 1 September 2015 at 8:57PM
    Options
    Thank you Dawn and thank you Bob

I feel a little better tonight work was OK today and it did take my mind off things for a while. I agree about being the Grinch though :rotfl:

I need to get in the mindset of not looking at the whole picture.

However I have just logged in to one of my CC accounts and it is offering 0% transfers until September 2016. Was kind of hoping for a longer deal, but by using this transfer I could close down 3 smaller cards.

I'm so scared of making things worse though. :(

Thank you all again for you support. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts