Our new Plusnet haggling guide- please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• ask66
    ask66 Posts: 98 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    Has anyone got an e-mail address to Plusnet CS that works?

I tried with support@plus.net and got this:

"Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we don't pick up any emails sent to this address. That's because emails can easily be lost, misdirected or even deleted and we think it's better if this doesn't happen."

Translated: please don't bother contacting us by e-mail. Just phone.

Hearing problems on the phone :(

Pleased your problem has been sorted, schiff. For future reference, there's a website called ceoemail which is an excellent source of email addresses, and it does list one for Plusnet which I've used successfully in the last six months.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ask66 wrote: »
    Pleased your problem has been sorted, schiff. For future reference, there's a website called ceoemail which is an excellent source of email addresses, and it does list one for Plusnet which I've used successfully in the last six months.

TY, I've noted that! It sounds a bit like SAYNOTO0870.
  • ask66
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    TY, I've noted that! It sounds a bit like SAYNOTO0870.

Yes - it is.
  • Carolinemjs
    Options
    Gobsmacked!!
    I failed to notice that my Plusnet fixed contract had ended 4 months ago and the payment increased to £37.98. After checking whats available using the MSE comparison and reading this thread, particularly the post no.122 by Br1anstorm, I contacted customer support without much of a wait:)
    I told them I wanted to leave and go to Now broadband at £18 pm for exactly the deal I currently have, waited for a couple of minutes and they matched it - didnt even have to pay anything upfront.

Thanks for this thread:)
  • colb15
    colb15 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My contract with BT is coming to an end at the beginning of March. I'm looking for a 12 month contract but their quotes are ridiculous, obviously they want everyone on 18 month contracts.

I had planned to move to Plusnet and they had a good offer of 66mb at £27.99 with no activation fee. This seems to have ended and has gone back up to £34.99 with £25 activation fee. Believed Plusnet offers were never ending but it seems not. Does anyone know if the offers come around often?
  • ask66
    Options
    colb15 wrote: »
    Believed Plusnet offers were never ending but it seems not. Does anyone know if the offers come around often?

Hi colb15, sometimes an offer ends and is immediately replaced by another one, sometimes it takes a few weeks for the next offer to appear. Looking today, there is a good offer on 66Mb fibre, but it is for an 18 month contract. Sometimes you will get a better offer linking to Plusnet via MSE, uSwitch, broadbandchoices etc. but that doesn't seem to be the case at the moment. It might just be worth doing an online chat with Plusnet to see if they will give you a better offer than advertised. Good luck & let us know how you get on!
  • colb15
    colb15 Posts: 52 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just an update - spoke with their sales team and they wouldn't budge on giving me the offer on the 12 month contract. Offers only available on 18 month contracts at the moment. Disappointing. So if you do see a good offer in the future, lock it in, as it will probably end as per end date they show. Not like Oak furniture etc !
  • ask66
    Options
    colb15 wrote: »
    Just an update - spoke with their sales team and they wouldn't budge on giving me the offer on the 12 month contract.
    OK - I guess it was worth a try!
  • starving_artist
    Options
    Just had 10 minute trauma free phonecall (first time that has happened) to renew my contract for standard broadband and landline rental. Immediately agreed to match Post Office deal of £17/month topped up with weekend/evening calls supplement of £3.50. 12 month contract. Didn't want to switch anyway so happy enough.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just renewed my contract with Plusnet:

18 months contract
    Unlimited Fibre
    £23.99 per month including evening and weekend calls
    They will send me out a new router (mine is working fine at the mo but it's a few years old so if I can get a new one for free then why not)

There were some cheaper deals out there but the miniscule saving wasn't worth the hassle.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback