Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• KonkyWonky
    Options
    I have my TV package with SKY (Box Sets with Sports and SKY Sports HD pack) and was paying £56.75 as I had a discount on SKY Sports. That expired and my bill was increasing to £71.50. I phoned to cancel and they offered to drop my bill to £58 which I declined and activated the 31 day cancellation period. After 14 days I received an offer to my online account for 50% off which brought my bill down to £35.75 for 12 months. Pretty happy with that.
  • TheGame21
    Options
    Got a week to go until I get cut off, still have 50% showing on my account. Went to click on 'Take this Offer' as I assumed it would go to the price of the different bundles but now it says I have taken up this offer and it will active in 3 days! Presumably I should be ok to ring tomorrow and cancel?
  • TheGame21
    Options
    Phoned up and they offered me 60% and £50 credit. Decided to take that up.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I said I didn't miss Sky, but £5.67/month for the Boxed Sets bundle with Cinema was too much to resist.
  • wazza99
    wazza99 Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 20 November 2016 at 10:41AM
    Options
    Been with SKY donkeys years, last 12 months been on 20% discount, just gave 31 days notice, no offers by phone or email but via SKY box showing 60% off for a 12 month contract from day 1.

Online via mysky showing 50% off for 12 months.

Not going to accept yet, see what else pops up
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wazza99 wrote: »
    Been with SKY donkeys years, last 12 months been on 20% discount, just gave 31 days notice, no offers by phone or email but via SKY box showing 60% off for a 12 month contract from day 1.

Online via mysky showing 50% off for 12 months.

Not going to accept yet, see what else pops up

75% off any package plus £100 credit. Check the link for left in last 12 months, on My Sky (it seems that it disappears during notice but comes back on termination of service)
  • wazza99
    wazza99 Posts: 370 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That link currently gives me

"Sorry, we can’t process your order online"

Mayby because im in notice and haven't yet left...
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    wazza99 wrote: »
    That link currently gives me

"Sorry, we can’t process your order online"

Mayby because im in notice and haven't yet left...

Our tv was cut off today. Just tried to go on live chat and got the same message!
  • Liberty1577
    Options
    Ok so my tv went off yesterday. I couldn't get on live chat last night but manage it this morning. Chatted to a lovely lady who asked if I'd had an offer. I said my friend had been given 75% off for 12 months with £100 credit on a rolling contract and I wanted the same. No fuss, no hassle she said as long as I don't want new equipment that was fine. Even added HD at a 60% discount. I pushed for 75% on HD too but she said it wasn't available but she would credit me the extra £10.80 which would make it 75% over 12 months. So all in all I've got the complete package (box sets, sports, cinema, HD) for £20pm with £100 credit on a rolling contract. I'm happy with that!
  • Buzzz
    Buzzz Posts: 122 Forumite
    Options
    Aargh I've got to start this process as just about to go out of contract and.....surprise surprise, my £52 a month contract (box sets, cinema, sports) is upping to £93!

We only want box sets moving forwards, and wifi and phone (don't even want phone to be honest).

The big draw back for us is that we can't watch our tv/sky in other rooms unless we have their new wizzy box, which means more money.

If I cancel over the phone (online doesn't seem to let me), how do I want out for deals, via email? I'm looking to pay less than £52 a month for phone, tv (box sets) and wifi.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback