Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »

I'm a bit cheesed off that I renewed at 60% off..should have been stronger ...note to self for next year's negotiations:rotfl:

Mine went off before yours and my offer is still 60% (not taking), but I'm miffed because they now appear to be doing good phone/bb deals, after I've left for PlusNet, which was substantially cheaper (with their own cashback), but nowhere near as good a service and I'm stuck there for 11 more months.
  • cyprusdave
    Options
    Cancelled Sky TV service one month ago, expires tomorrow.
    Just got off phone to retentions team, 03442411720. They confirmed 60% offer from Interactive Service, which has t&c's that 60% is for the bundle only, you then add Sports etc.
    They then offered me 60% off everything, so existing package at £30 and I can add Cinema for £2. So complete package, all services for £32, no tie in, lasts for 12 months.
    Very Happy with that, a saving of £40 per month/£480 per year plus I get Sky Cinema for free!:j:T:beer:
  • applicationcen
    Options
    We got switched off this morning.

I used to have Sky TV, Box sets, Cinema and Sky go which was £27.80 pm.
    I fell out of contract and they put the price up to £63 pm
    I cancelled
    I checked my sky account and the original offer of 50% off was change to 60% off including TV and bundle
    I followed the advice to go online chat at the weekend to get an Indian support person.
    I told him that a friend had got 75% off £100 credit and could he help me get a better deal.
    He initially came back with 60% off - £22
    I asked ig he could do 75% because they had already taken £63 before I left.
    He came back with 75% off Sky Family Bundle + Cinema Pack = £14

(The terms say that the 75% off covers the Original TV subscription not variety/boxsets sports and cinema packs. Seems a bit confusing.)

But it looks like I have 75% off on the same day as being cut off.

Thanks every one!!! See you next year
  • JP1978
    JP1978 Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    Will be calling Sky in the next week or so as moving into a new house.

Will be looking for
    Sky Q 2TB
    Broadband* (and obviously the phone line)
    Sky Box Sets Bundle
    Q Multiscreen (probably 2 additional boxes)

*the property can only get ADSL at the moment but BT's web site suggests 5 months to go before fibre is enabled (said 9 months when we started to look at the property)

As a new customer, what kind of price range is reasonable to attain from the Sky for the above noting that we would want to upgrade to fibre as soon as its available.

Also, on a side note, the property already has a sky dish, is this replaced upon install, or would the installer use the same one?

Thanks
  • teddysmum
    Options
    JP1978 wrote: »
    Will be calling Sky in the next week or so as moving into a new house.

Will be looking for
    Sky Q 2TB
    Broadband* (and obviously the phone line)
    Sky Box Sets Bundle
    Q Multiscreen (probably 2 additional boxes)

*the property can only get ADSL at the moment but BT's web site suggests 5 months to go before fibre is enabled (said 9 months when we started to look at the property)

As a new customer, what kind of price range is reasonable to attain from the Sky for the above noting that we would want to upgrade to fibre as soon as its available.

Also, on a side note, the property already has a sky dish, is this replaced upon install, or would the installer use the same one?

Thanks

You will get a new dish if the existing one is not suitable. Our old solid dish was replaced with a modern mesh one.

Don't rely on BT's forecast for fibre. We should have had it in this area about three years ago, but the predicted dates were changed, at least twice, and then removed. Now , our exchange has been enabled for several months and one provider told me we were due this month, but there are no signs yet (we can see the box from this house.)
  • teddysmum
    edited 13 November 2016 at 1:55AM
    Options
    We got switched off this morning.

I used to have Sky TV, Box sets, Cinema and Sky go which was £27.80 pm.
    I fell out of contract and they put the price up to £63 pm
    I cancelled
    I checked my sky account and the original offer of 50% off was change to 60% off including TV and bundle
    I followed the advice to go online chat at the weekend to get an Indian support person.
    I told him that a friend had got 75% off £100 credit and could he help me get a better deal.
    He initially came back with 60% off - £22
    I asked ig he could do 75% because they had already taken £63 before I left.
    He came back with 75% off Sky Family Bundle + Cinema Pack = £14

(The terms say that the 75% off covers the Original TV subscription not variety/boxsets sports and cinema packs. Seems a bit confusing.)

But it looks like I have 75% off on the same day as being cut off.

Thanks every one!!! See you next year
    Do you have written confirmation that it is Boxed Sets (formerly Family) with Cinema pack for £14, as the new Cinema bundle is £38 (75% off being £14), but is only Original with Cinema pack?
  • pawlala
    pawlala Posts: 1,416 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Another 50% off for 12 months just by cancelling through live chat. Offer appeared straight away in Sky account.

daresay I could've waited for an extra x% by having services switched off and waiting but I like watching the channels I have and secondly couldn't hack ploughing through another live chat conversation or even speaking to a real person at Sky. Simply couldn't be bothered!
  • applicationcen
    Options
    On the sky service app it says my package is Boxsets and Cinema. There are freebies underneath including sky go
  • onashoestring
    Options
    Cancelled few weeks ago, immediately offered 40% off to stay which I turned down.
    Offered 50% on My Sky....not good enough...before being switched off I used Live chat to ask for 60% off if I stayed.
    Sucess, Given 60% off for 12 months
    Variery + Sports + Cinema £27.20 per month
    Rolling contract I can cancel at anytime.
    Happy I'm paying £6.80 per month less than last year without being switched off !
  • THOMMO7777
    Options
    I've just getting sports pack for£11.88 month ,I got 75% of any bundle and £100 credit on acc ,works out about £42 a year .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback