Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• Mysteek
    Mysteek Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ok so we gave notice to cancel the sky tv package last month (finishes next week), which is currently in my OH's name, the intention being for me to apply in my name as a new customer.

Would I be classed as a new customer though? Although the account is in my OH's name, I am named on his account as being able to do stuff on it.

Also, sky telephone and fibre would still be in OH's name. So, is it possible for 2 people at the same address to have the phone and fibre account and the other have the tv package account, all with the same supplier?

Could anyone enlighten me on this please.

Also (sorry), would the best deal be for me to apply as a new customer (for Sky Q) or for OH to move over to Sky Q before they cut us off?
    MFIT #73 - Pay all mortgage off in 3 years[STRIKE] £46,400[/STRIKE]£34,295 PAID £12,105
  • hpmann
    hpmann Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just received an email offering 75% off any TV bundle
  • onashoestring
    Options
    hpmann wrote: »

Gutted, I just negotiated 60% off & thought I got a great deal !!!

How many months is the 75% offer for ?
  • Cocks3
    Options
    Had the email today too. 75% off for 12 months with 12 month contract. Offer ends 1st December. We've been switched off 3 weeks.
  • hpmann
    hpmann Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Gutted, I just negotiated 60% off & thought I got a great deal !!!

How many months is the 75% offer for ?

12 months with a 12 month contract
  • Mysteek
    Mysteek Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    That's a great deal Cocks3, we're due to be switched off next weekend so I think I'll wait and see if I get a similar offer after then
    MFIT #73 - Pay all mortgage off in 3 years[STRIKE] £46,400[/STRIKE]£34,295 PAID £12,105
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm very surprised that Sky have reintroduced 75% off offers already:j.
    At their results presentation, they claimed that they were willing to accept a higher rate of customer churn (ie less effort to retain customers by discounting) but in a relatively short time they have moved from 35% to 50% to 60%...and now 75% off!!
    I'm a bit cheesed off that I renewed at 60% off..should have been stronger ...note to self for next year's negotiations:rotfl:
  • amf
    amf Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hpmann wrote: »

Snap, but I've just gone over to Virgin 2 months ago.....still in contract so can't take Sky up on their kind offer :smiley:
  • stephenliverpool1
    Options
    I am on a 50% off deal for TV with Sky which I got a few days ago. As I am not in any contract, I may cancel it (by giving 31 days notice) and then go on Sky chat to see if I can get 75% off.
  • Whiskey2988
    Options
    Managed to haggle on the phone to a basic sky Q package and basic unlimited broadband 16.80 a month with no line rental. 12 month contract might be interesting if anyone is switching.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback