Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 7 November 2015 at 7:14PM
    Options
    When I cancelled tv, a few weeks before intending to negotiate on bb/phone, I was made the 50% for 10 months offer and refused on the grounds that negotiation, while in minimum term, would not be possible and that 2 months at full price mean an actual overall reduction of only a little over 40%...and the call centre person agreed with me.

When I called about bb/phone, I was offered £9.99 line rental and free broadband,but the person could not find the 50% off with £50 credit offer I had, via email, for tv.

Luckily, I checked my email account, while on the phone, so noticed a Sky message saying I had agreed to free line rental, but nothing else was mentioned. I denied that I had agreed, so it was recorded, then called accounts, immediately to ask what was on my account.

I was told that she had left me to pay full line rental with free broadband and that she had not correctly entered details. The manager apologised and found me a call centre person (I later found , not in the same location) who had the 50% with £50 offer on her equipment and was able to sort things out for me.
  • Pitlanepiglet
    Options
    If
    jem16 wrote: »
    I

I suppose at the moment no-one has had a chance to actually test their claims yet as it's less then 10 months since they started doing the 10 months over 12 months contract.

Perhaps this is something MSE could check with Sky? That they are selling 10 month discounts and taking customers that they can reinstate them after 10 months when though the customer is in contract for 12 months. I'm not the only person who's been told this. Is this a change of policy from Sky?
    Piglet

Decluttering - 127/366

Digital/emails/photo decluttering - 5432/2024
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,398 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Perhaps this is something MSE could check with Sky?

I can't see MSE being interested in it.
    Is this a change of policy from Sky?

I don't think it's a change of policy by Sky at all. I think it's just some retentions people saying anything to get a sale.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone got Sky to match Plusnet's 12 month offer of £185.88 line rental minus £75 cashback = £110.88 and free braodband?
  • teddysmum
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    Has anyone got Sky to match Plusnet's 12 month offer of £185.88 line rental minus £75 cashback = £110.88 and free braodband?

If you are not including any calls, yes :free broadband and £8.70 line ie £104.40.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,509 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    teddysmum wrote: »
    If you are not including any calls, yes :free broadband and £8.70 line ie £104.40.

....but you are also a Sky TV subscriber...not sure you would get such a good deal for rental plus b/band WITHOUT TV.:)
  • roxy28
    roxy28 Posts: 670 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 10 November 2015 at 1:57PM
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    ....but you are also a Sky TV subscriber...not sure you would get such a good deal for rental plus b/band WITHOUT TV.:)

We just have unlimited BB and no way would they budge on line rental, if bringing it to sky. 4 seperate chats on line and over the phone. The sky tv package in most cases is probably the trump card, but there are probably some who are better at haggling and can get blood from a stone lol.
    :T
  • onashoestring
    Options
    We enjoy Sky Sports and have never paid full price. For the last 12 months we've had Sky tv bundle + sports for 50% discount. This finishes on Nov 27. Sky offered us 25% off for 10 months - too much for us. We spoke to Sky Expert on Sky chat who offered 35% discount for 5 years. That would still mean a £10 increase per month, which we cannot afford so we gave 30 days notice to cancel. Half an our later We logged into our Sky account, they were now offering 50% off any bundle + sports & movies if we wanted it. Spoke to Sky Expert to confirm the T&Cs. We now have Sky tv + sports bundle + movies 50% discount for 12 months.£32.25

Never pay the full price.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    brewerdave wrote: »
    Not quite true.

I had cancelled tv and was offered free broadband and line for £9.99, but then asked about the tv offer of 50% off plus £50 credit, I had received via email.

The call centre person messed up, booking me free broadband and no line, after saying she didn't have the tv offer on her screen.

I then called 'accounts' to ask what was on my file and was transferred to someone who had the offer, but then found that the £9.99 offer had gone from her system, so the manager said she could give me an extra £2 off tv(which she agreed was not such a good deal) so he said I could have half price line rental ie £8.20 going up to £8.70.
  • teddysmum
    Options
    roxy28 wrote: »
    We just have unlimited BB and no way would they budge on line rental, if bringing it to sky. 4 seperate chats on line and over the phone. The sky tv package in most cases is probably the trump card, but there are probably some who are better at haggling and can get blood from a stone lol.

I was already a customer, considering leaving; not wishing to transfer to Sky.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback