Options

Comments

• wmacbean
    wmacbean Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary
    edited 6 November 2017 at 12:24PM
    Options
    Hi,

My existing Sky Deal (£44 - £34 Variety/£10 HD – Old style box) is currently in the cancellation period and I’ve currently negotiated a reduced renewal of £19.20/mth for 18 months (Note: Variety package only) which I've tentatively accepted, but am thinking of pushing them further to include the optional HD channels which would retain Sky’s F1 channel, which I reckon I could probably get for equivalent of about £25/mth, including £25 cashback that being mention. Also, I’m not interested in Sky Broadband, so leaving this out of my negotiations.

I was thinking of accepting one of the above offers then taking advantage of being eligible and then joining the My Sky - Sky VIP as a VIP Black member (+15 years loyalty) which would allow me to upgrade to the free Sky Q 2TB box set-up. From other forum responses it looks like I would need to take out the HD add-on to retain the Sky F1 viewing, otherwise I would need to upgrade to the Sky Q Sports package which I wouldn’t use, apart from Sky F1. Also, I am not interested in taking the multi-room offer, thus eliminating the additional £12.mth. Hopefully, I could effectively get a Sky Q set-up and package for circa £25/mth for the next 18 months, which would be a bargain.

Any advice and experiences from others upgrading to the Sky VIP Black would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    wmacbean wrote: »
    Hi,

My existing Sky Deal (£44 - £34 Variety/£10 HD – Old style box) is currently in the cancellation period and I’ve currently negotiated a reduced renewal of £19.20/mth for 18 months (Note: Variety package only) which I've tentatively accepted, but am thinking of pushing them further to include the optional HD channels which would retain Sky’s F1 channel, which I reckon I could probably get for equivalent of about £25/mth, including £25 cashback that being mention. Also, I’m not interested in Sky Broadband, so leaving this out of my negotiations.

I was thinking of accepting one of the above offers then taking advantage of being eligible and then joining the My Sky - Sky VIP as a VIP Black member (+15 years loyalty) which would allow me to upgrade to the free Sky Q 2TB box set-up. From other forum responses it looks like I would need to take out the HD add-on to retain the Sky F1 viewing, otherwise I would need to upgrade to the Sky Q Sports package which I wouldn’t use, apart from Sky F1. Also, I am not interested in taking the multi-room offer, thus eliminating the additional £12.mth. Hopefully, I could effectively get a Sky Q set-up and package for circa £25/mth for the next 18 months, which would be a bargain.

Any advice and experiences from others upgrading to the Sky VIP Black would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Taking the Sky VIP Black option now won't affect your contract but can be used in negotiations. Join it now (it's free) and call them back. Make sure the discount is for the full 18 months, not just 12.
  • Phill84
    Options
    Hi, just wondering if anyone has any good deals going from Sky HD box to Sky Q. I currently have 60% off box sets and cinema which is due to end next month but would go move to Sky Q when it runs out. Thanks in advance
  • Closure2018
    Options
    I'm after a little advise. Currently two weeks in from cancelling Sky Q (Got a black friday deal last year). Was fuming they'd upped me to £86 a month from December without so much as a letter advising me. So far they've offered 30% online saving and when I went on Live Chat I was offered 40%. Have held my nerve so far and wondered what someone with more experience of this than me would do at this point.

Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'm after a little advise. Currently two weeks in from cancelling Sky Q (Got a black friday deal last year). Was fuming they'd upped me to £86 a month from December without so much as a letter advising me. So far they've offered 30% online saving and when I went on Live Chat I was offered 40%. Have held my nerve so far and wondered what someone with more experience of this than me would do at this point.

Thanks.

It only launched at the end of Feb(?) on 18 month contracts mainly so people are only just finding out what deals are available although 40% seems the norm. I'm not aware of any company that alerts you to the end of discounts, that's for you to track. If you do accept the 40% please do refuse to pay the £10 'admin fee' they'll try and tack on at the end of the conversation. The more people who kick off about that the more chance Sky will realise that it was an appallingly bad move on their part.

I don't know what your complete package is but I'd use something like the Virgin Mix bundle as a reference at £46 a month. The only thing you may lose is Sky Atlantic but gain 100Mb broadband (presuming BB is included in your package).
  • Closure2018
    Options
    This is a part of the problem. I live in Godstone in Surrey so no Virgin available. I'm having to say I'm happy with Freeview plus NowTV and Netflix. I won't be paying any admin fee I can assure you of that! :):beer:
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is a part of the problem. I live in Godstone in Surrey so no Virgin available. I'm having to say I'm happy with Freeview plus NowTV and Netflix. I won't be paying any admin fee I can assure you of that! :):beer:

I was straight with them, saying I couldn't justify paying more than the current price (though I could afford it) and didn't intend moving elsewhere, already having a couple of Humax boxes and a smart tv which will suit us fine.

I was still offered the standard 50% off and thanked for being straight up, as they are quite aware that most hardship appeals are just a con.
  • JDC14
    JDC14 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    Hi

I am hoping someone can help me negotiate a better deal for Sky as I am hitting a brick wall with retentions.

My Sky+ HD service ends this weekend (original bundle) and Fibre max ended last week. I have just moved into a new property which has the option of VM.

I am leaning towards VM for internet but want to get Sky Q. I had a letter through the post about 50% discount but that only applies if I keep the same Sky+ bundle and equipment.

I've said I want Sky Q, with multiroom, box sets and sports (quite a leap from my previous package I know) but they want over £60/month which is what I paid previously for Sky+ and Fibre.

Does anybody know if this is the best I'll get or if I can push for better?

I get Perkbox through work, so I am going to call ABCA systems tomorrow who are a Sky affiliate and see if I can get a better deal through them.

Also, are the Sky stands in shopping centres any good? I am tempted to visit the one near my work to see if they can help with a better deal, however I'm not sure if they're Sky or Sky affiliates.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    JDC14 wrote: »
    I had a letter through the post about 50% discount but that only applies if I keep the same Sky+ bundle and equipment.

They'll give you Boxsets on HD+ with the 50% discount for sure.

Sky Q, with multiroom, Boxsets and full Sports comes to £77.50 full price or £63 for new customers (20%(?), probably the same deal offered to you). It certainly wouldn't tempt me, do you have to pay anything up front? I'm guessing not because if they'd offered a decent discount on that they'd have tried to charge you £199 up front.

Edit: I might add that I've just got an 18 month rolling monthly contract extension on Boxsets on HD+. Their 'offers' on Q were laughable.
  • JDC14
    JDC14 Posts: 436 Forumite
    Options
    They'll give you Boxsets on HD+ with the 50% discount for sure.

Sky Q, with multiroom, Boxsets and full Sports comes to £77.50 full price or £63 for new customers (20%(?), probably the same deal offered to you). It certainly wouldn't tempt me, do you have to pay anything up front? I'm guessing not because if they'd offered a decent discount on that they'd have tried to charge you £199 up front.

Edit: I might add that I've just got an 18 month rolling monthly contract extension on Boxsets on HD+. Their 'offers' on Q were laughable.

To be honest, I'm fairly sure they just wanted an activation cost (although I don't rate that highly as I begrudge being charged it in the first place). I would happily pay the £65 to upgrade to 2TB box as we genuinely had several programs we wanted to watch a table one time the other day.

I've realised tonight that Black Friday is around the corner but I'm already struggling without internet that I might just have to get something ordered
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback