PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

August 2015 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• t14cy_t
    t14cy_t Posts: 1,318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £37.70 spent in mr m today, trolley included wine and beer!
  • 6mmglitterthing
    Options
    Saturday was a NSD and I ate the items that we had left in the fridge (OH was out all day). Sunday me and OH went to the supermarket for a BIG shop as we had nothing left in the fridge and spent £66.62. we treated ourselves to eggy bread for brunch and a delicious pork roast with a joint that was reduced for dinner, with some left over for another day. Today will be a NSD as we have had duck wraps for lunch and most likely the leftover pork for dinner :).
    Joined April 2015 :j
  • Billie-jo
    Billie-jo Posts: 1,221 Forumite
    Options
    NSD #2 :)
    Finally done the outside freezer, sorted through things and made a list of everything in there. Will do the inside freezer later although that one defrosts itself so really just a stock take needed and a tidy up.
    Left over chicken made into a curry for tea tonight, added some mushrooms, onions, grated courgette, spices and yoghurt. Some slices of chicken cut off for Mum tomorrow to have with some oven chips then she has got a plum crumble for afterwards.
    Have put the chicken carcass and few veg trimmings into saucepan ready to make some stock for another day.
    MARCH £62.38/250
  • FoxFace
    FoxFace Posts: 362 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Clocking in with a spend of £8.93p today, which should hopefully see us through to at least the weekend :)

Total spent so far is £21.64p. Menu plan for the week is:

Monday: Thai green turkey curry with brown rice
    Tuesday: Baked sweet potatoes with beans
    Wednesday: HM Fish pie
    Thursday: Mexican pasta bake
    Friday: Beef curry and rice (Takeaway food from freezer)

I am going to cook a little more than needed, so DH can take a portion to work for lunch. I usually only have a "green thickie" for lunch, so got the bits in for that too :)

I usually food shop at the weekend, so hopefully a few NSD's ahead!
    Debt Free Journey started 21.05.2017
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi everyone :)

It's the school holidays, plus a lot of stress going on at the moment (15 yr old son has been through the mill in regards to his mental health. Now sees to see a counsellor and soon a psych, via CAMHS). So fell off the GC wagon.

But back again now! Would like to join again for August with a target of £400 a month please :)

Also, does anyone have a teenager with Aspergers who is 'funny' with food and drink? It's increasing my food bills no end, and i am looking for ways to deal with this.
  • frugalsmurf
    frugalsmurf Posts: 159 Forumite
    Options
    I'm down to £215:76
    As I did a few little shops which I should've planned better, but here's to a better week hey.
    Planned this week's meals from bits we have in. I've got to get bread, milk etc. Later in the week but planning on getting cash out and not taking children to the supermarket! :)
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    Spends of £42.89/£400 so far for me.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • itmustgetbetter
    Options
    Another £4 today in £land for some cleaning supplies. Brings me to £29.90 in month with £90.10 remaining.

I am determined to keep this up and be accountable!!
  • jayII
    jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
    Options
    Good luck itmustgetbetter.

I definitely spend less when I track my grocery spending and many other people say the same.
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
  • guccigoo
    guccigoo Posts: 483 Forumite
    edited 4 August 2015 at 9:14PM
    Options
    Hi I need to rejoin this can I be put down for £250 pls for the month. This is for me, 17yr old son and 10yr DD plus 3 cats.
    I will lose 2 stone by this summer!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure