Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• emweaver
    emweaver Posts: 8,419 Forumite
    Options
    bailee06 wrote: »
    Hi
    me and my husband are after taking our 2yr old daughter to disneyland paris the last week in june 2008 travelling on the eurostar from ashford direct to disney staying for 3 nights.
    I have been searching the internet for the cheapest possible deal staying in a disney hotel (santa fe and cheyenne seem the cheapest), yet £681 seems a tad expensive to me!
    Can anyone recommend any cheaper websites or how to do it cheaper?????
    also how busy will it be in june????

try these http://tothemagic.leger.co.uk/ you can pick a hotel and duratin to suit your budget.

im going in sept with my sis. so 4 adults and 2 kids and its costing us £568 per couple in dream castle hotel.

we went a few wks ago and paid £475 for us 3 and stayed in a hotel 15 miloes from DLP and it was a horrid hotel so we are def getting a bargain
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • emweaver
    Options
    thanks blue

The children eating for €5 is brillant so we'll give that a go first. We're staying B&B so the plan is to have a big breaky, snacky lunch and a normal dinner. We're quite lucky as we live in Germany so we don't lose out in the currency exchange. I've set a budget of €50 for the children to spend in the shop and really hope we stick to it. I'm just hoping they can't carry much .... as they've got really short arms!:rotfl:It seems my DD2 decides want she wants and then won't let go of it! Note to self.... start at the mini teddy shelf holding capacity will only be 2 - 1 for each hand!

I think I'm more excited than the children.... DH and I went to Disney,Calfornia as part of our honeymoon and it was FAB!

what b&b are you staying in?
    Wins so far this year: Mum to be bath set, follow me Domino Dog, Vital baby feeding set, Spiderman goody bag, free pack of Kiplings cakes, £15 love to shop voucher, HTC Desire, Olive oil cooking spray, Original Source Strawberry Shower Gel, Garnier skin care hamper, Marc Jacobs fragrance.
  • emweaver
    Options
    bailee i think its more expensive june time as its "peak season"?
  • helliecopter_2
    Options
    emweaver wrote: »

. I you go on high street USA theres a american style diner thing that sell hotdogs and chips and theyre portions are massive! The kids also get a yoghurt and colouring jigsaw too.We found these the best value in DLP at 9 and 6 euros. We only went 2 wks ago so prices will still be the same when you go

Thanks for the tip - will be checking this out as well as King Ludwigs. I only shop in the disney store sales in the UK and have had some bargains. I don't think they'll be many bargains in Paris though!

I have made DH promise that we won't buy more than one soft toy each as the girls have more than disney! My eldest love her barbie type Ariel doll and all she keeps asking for an Eric. I just hope we can find one as I've not seen them in the UK. DD2 keeps asking for a 'mouse' so that should be easy enough. A t-shirt each and some ears... am sure €50 each should cover it. Now mummy on the other hand (31 going on 7) would like ..............................:rotfl:

PS we're staying at the Kyriad - it was a lot cheaper than in the park itself and have put the difference towards our spend
    LMB 01/03/08£9001.61 £10/6 6089.70 - 32%paid off!
    Grocery Challenge 25/6 to 24/7 €350 week1 €30-46 / €87-50

• emweaver
    Options
    Hotel Kyriad in MLV, Torcy?
  • helliecopter_2
    Options
    hi emweaver

it's not the torcy we're staying at - it's the kyraid just outside disney (about 8mins)
    Looks really nice in the disney brochure, we figured the girls would be all disneyed out buy the time we finish in the parks. I know you do get an early entrance into the park if you stay in the resort, but we'd never all be ready in time to make the most it.
    LMB 01/03/08£9001.61 £10/6 6089.70 - 32%paid off!
    Grocery Challenge 25/6 to 24/7 €350 week1 €30-46 / €87-50

• sarahg1969
    sarahg1969 Posts: 6,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    We went to Disneyland Paris in October using Tesco CC Deals. We stayed here:

http://www.siblu.com/france/paris__loire_valley/la_croix_du_vieux_pont.php

They run coach trips to Paris and Disneyland on alternate days.

When we went, however, it was very, very cold indeed - -6 at night!! - and all we had to keep us warm was a little gas fire. We went to bed fully clothed and just had a quick wash in the mornings, and were out again.

Because we were only there for four days, and we had trips organised on each one, we were up and out by 7.30am and not back until 10pm, so we had no chance to get warm at all!!! It was no fun at the time, but we can look back and laugh now.
  • emweaver
    Options
    oh good lol, was about to say kyriad in torcy was horrid, its where we stayed.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

- need to buy tickets next - is there enough to do in DLP for 3 1/2 days? My daughters are 4 and 1 and the eldest does adore disney - just wondering how many days I need to buy for - its either that or drag them around Paris?!

- any hints on the cheapest place to buy tickets?

Thanks to all - I don't mean to be a pain, it just seems better to pick the brains of all you experienced travellers.

many thanks

P.s I am getting quite excited now..........:j

4 days for the price of 3 is £87 here...

http://www.attractiontix.co.uk/disneyland-paris.asp?t=g&gclid=CJq76u7MxpICFRCoQwodJEN_AQ
  • blue_monkey_2
    blue_monkey_2 Posts: 11,435 Forumite
    Options
    thanks blue

The children eating for €5 is brillant so we'll give that a go first. We're staying B&B so the plan is to have a big breaky, snacky lunch and a normal dinner. We're quite lucky as we live in Germany so we don't lose out in the currency exchange. I've set a budget of €50 for the children to spend in the shop and really hope we stick to it. I'm just hoping they can't carry much .... as they've got really short arms!:rotfl:It seems my DD2 decides want she wants and then won't let go of it! Note to self.... start at the mini teddy shelf holding capacity will only be 2 - 1 for each hand!

I think I'm more excited than the children.... DH and I went to Disney,Calfornia as part of our honeymoon and it was FAB!

Ah, it's nothing like the USA, but nice to do DLP as it all adds to your Disney Experience, like a top up. I want to go to California, it's on the agenda for when life improves for us.
    H, seriously, I smiled and said 'What? 50 Euros each??' LOL!! it is so expensive over there, the worst thinga about it is that the same thing that costs20 Euros is available in the US for $20 and then I started thinking 'why should I pay £10 if I buy it in the US but $17 if I buy the same thing in DLP. But then i see this as I have been and knew, otherwise maybe you would not question it. In all honesty the t-shirts are about 20-30 Euros, ears around 10-15 Euros, the soft toys vary but a small around 10 Euros. You can get most of the princesses and their partners but again, they are about 15-20 Euros (sometimes more depending on who you want). DD saved her birthday money as she wanted a dress - it was a whopping 89.99 Euros!! And then she wanted the accessories to go with it and they totalled another 50 Euros. However.... she had saved all her money for something special and while I thought it was a rip off I let her buy it, there is no way on this earth I would of spent my money on it though!! And I hate her wearing it sadly as it is such a lot of money for it to get dragged around the floor and ruined. Got DS a Mack & Lightning and that was 30 Euros, came home and got a better one from Argos for £8. The toys really are just plastic fall apart rubbish so please bear this in mind - I wish we had. You can get some odds and ends for a low price but the best thing is to look around around and get them the 2nd or 3rd day in and try and get them to hold off until then. I wanted to get the kids some clothing but there was no way I could justify 50 Euros or more on a top and skirt or trousers set.

What you might find better for the kids is to start thm 'Pin Trading' rather than spend all your money on tat toys and stuff, it is really fun and this way whenever you go you buy the cheap pins (or get them off eBay) and trade them up with the Disney Staff for better ones. We had loads of fun doing it and it meant the money went further and you have something to remember the holiday by. Have you seen people/staff with things hanging around their necks? These are lanyards and you use them to hang your pins and you can trade them with the Disney Staff:

http://disney.go.com/eventservices/whatispintrading.html

http://eventservices.disney.go.com/pintrading/index

it is just a nice way to spend your money and you can get better pins for the price of rubbish ones, LOL, get a starter pack off eBay for £5-£10 before you go otherwise they cost around 20-30 Euros over in the parks, you can buy the lanyards and pins seperately but the start packs give you 4 pins which you can then start trading with. You spend the whole holiday hunting down staff with lanyards on so you can swap pins for better ones. I promise that the kids will bypass looking at most of the stuff as they'll be more fixed on getting better pins to trade with!! You can choose what pin of yours you want to swap with the Disney staff and you choose what of theirs you want. Seems like a done deal to me, LOL!!

Em is talking about Casey Jones for the food, the bakery is nice as well for an afternoon treat and try and book in for the Character tea party as it is excellent value at 9 Euros - book it early though, might even be wise to try and book before you go as we could not get in when we was there.

I was also going to say, Planet Hollywood does deals at lunchtime as well. There is a deli thing in Disney Village and the food was horrible and terribly expensive for what you got.

We also ate one meal in Vineopolis as you can sit and watch The Lion King show while you eat. They have a little salad bar because the burgers are plain and then you fill them yourself with sauces and salad so if I managed to get a load of salad to eat from there, make sure you take a small plastic fork or something though else it gets messy :) The food is not too bad in their either, the kids meals are really good value and you get loads of food in it.

What is wierd is that in Florida they had healthy options on every menu and some meals were just excellent - so much food a childs portion was better to have. You can't do all the walking if your belly is full. Over there the kids get grapes, carroy sticks and apple sauce for dunking instead of fries and ice cream for example. You don't get a choice as fries are just not on the menu, but they have not rolled this into the park in Europe and I don't really understand why as something like this would be easy to do, wouldn't it? However, please don't get me started on why they sell peanut butter & jello sandwiches everywhere in the USA in the kids meals. Gross!! But the food is better in the US, you'd think they all serve the same food really as it was the same company, wouldn't you?? It's the same as the Rainforest Cafe, although they are in different the menu is more or less the same.

Pizza Planet was good when I went many years ago but we have yet to find it open when we have been in November.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure