We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• luciesmummy82
    Options
    I have booked for me, DH & 2 DD's aged 3 & 6 to go in Feb, got a great deal on it staying at Santa Fe, 3 days/2 nights, Eurostar, Disney 3 day pass & half board for £550. Was really chuffed and managed to convince a reluctant DH to let me book!

However today he has come home saying he has spoken to a couple that have just returned and told him quite how expensive it is :(

Just wondered if you helpful people could shed some light, they have told him £10 for a glass of coke, £6 bottle of water, £50 for burger & chips for 4, disney dresses £100+.......Is it REALLY that expensive?

We came back last saturday and tbh we didnt spend any of our euros we bought. We had the half board vouchers and pre purchased the princess meal so that covered us. We went to the buffets(and made lots of rolls, pizza etc whlist there to wrap up for later- everyone was) rather than the set menu meals. We stocked up on waters, cans of coke, lots of snacks etc before we went(poundshops etc..) We took all dds dresses, crowns shoes etc... we probably would have bought the photos that the characters had with dd but they wernt very good quality. We refused to buy stuff that we think is expensive even in our Disney store over here, nor did dd ask for anything. Drinks were about 6e for a bottle of larger, wine etc.. cokes were about 4-5e. I was supprised how we managed not to spend anything extra.. It is expensive eating out but we found it made no difference pre booking the vouchers as you wernt saving anything and some places you could actually lose money on them eg- in the pizza planet- which ideally we would have preferred. Hope this helps someone and overall we had the best time :)
    2014 wins-2 picnic hampers,Boxfresh goodies,foodie festival tickets,Polo event tickets,Kent airshow family ticket,£25 Nisa voucher,New Pines holiday for 6,meal for 6,fake tan and mitt,pickled beetroot,£50,£100 Mucky boots voucher.
    Thanks and good luck to all! xx:beer::j:money::T
  • jog
    jog Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm not at all imaginative in that way - we were leaving on a Sunday afternoon, so in the morning when she woke, my DD asked what we were going to do that day. I said I wanted to go to DLP, DD said "oh you always say that" and I said "yes but shall we just go, today?". Cue lots of jumping around and "are you tricking me Mum" from DD :D:D. It was worth keeping the surprise though, to see the look on her face.

I had to laugh when I read this. The first time we took our boys to DLP we kept it a secret, our oldest, who was 10 at the time, had always been mad about trains, and had always said he'd like to see the Eurostar, so we told them we were going to London for the day, when we got there we said, why don't we go to the station and look at the Eurostar trains, anyway, we got onto the platform and then told them they could all get on the train as we were actually going to DLP on the train, cue our son having a major paddy and telling us that he had only wanted to see the train, not actually go on it! We had to practically carry him screaming onto the train! He later told us that he could remeber hearing about the fire in the tunnel a few years before and was really scared about going on the train, thankfully as soon as the train started to move he was fine!

We still have a laugh about this now, but as the boys are older we involve them in the planning, we have just booked the Eurostar for Feb half term so I've got to find cheap hotel as we have annual passes from last Feb that we want to get another use from before they expire.

Have fun everyone
  • keelni
    keelni Posts: 120 Forumite
    Options
    Hi I have booked 4 nights at the santa fe and transport through the travel agents, the agent said to I didn't need to book the airport/hotel transfer bus I could do this when I get there is this correct? In th ebrochure it says to book transfers as part of the package. And also are there towels and toiletries provided at the hotel?
    Thank you
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    keelni wrote: »
    Hi I have booked 4 nights at the santa fe and transport through the travel agents, the agent said to I didn't need to book the airport/hotel transfer bus I could do this when I get there is this correct? In th ebrochure it says to book transfers as part of the package. And also are there towels and toiletries provided at the hotel?
    Thank you

There is a few transfer options, but someone more knowledgable than me will be along soon as I've never travelled that way.

But I can confirm there is towels and a little souvenir toiletry item. It used to be a tiny bar of soap but it's been a tiny bottle of hair/shower gel the last couple of times - but I wouldn't use it on your hair!

One warning about the Santa Fe: the showers can switch from cold to hot in a blink!

When I say hot, I mean me as an adult having a red and sore arm for about half an hour after I got out! It didn't cause lasting damage but DD(10) will be having baths and I certainly wouldn't want to see a toddler or someone with limited mobility in there when it happened! There was literally no warning whatsoever and they can't have a temperature regulator on the hot water.

I did complain about it but I don't know if it's a limited problem as I've never seen any other comments about it. Most places have systems that make you cold if there is sudden demand, but it seemed to be the opposite there...

I can't remember which block we were in now but it was quite a way from the reception block.
  • HedgeHunter
    Options
    How straight forward is getting the train to Pairs (Eiffel Tower ect) from DLP? I could drive but the parking is putting me off.
  • Zoetoes
    Zoetoes Posts: 2,496 Forumite
    Options
    keelni wrote: »
    Thank you

There are loads of drivers asking around in the airport, if there are only up to 4 of you it might be an idea to share with another family to split the cost, they seat up to 8 I think.

There are also Disney coaches outside, can't remember how much per person.

There is a train (TGV?) straight into Disney also, although I've never got it so can't tell you much else!

You won't have any trouble getting from the airport to Disney though.
    If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D
  • maisiescamp
    Options
    Thanks for your responses, I have already booked half board so that should reduce the amount we spend anyway. The tip about the garage next to Santa Fe is great thank you and I had already been told to take things from breakfast too! DH is just being a scrooge! I said that you guys told me was he was told was exaggerated and what the approx prices really were and he still grumbled that they were high! No pleasing some people!!
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your responses, I have already booked half board so that should reduce the amount we spend anyway. The tip about the garage next to Santa Fe is great thank you and I had already been told to take things from breakfast too! DH is just being a scrooge! I said that you guys told me was he was told was exaggerated and what the approx prices really were and he still grumbled that they were high! No pleasing some people!!

Well, I guess there are high, but not really any worse than any theme park, or venue with a captive audience!

Have fun!

My OH hates parting with money too, so we go half board as it seems like less is leaving his wallet and he feels happier when he's there! :rotfl:
  • p-pincher
    p-pincher Posts: 727 Forumite
    Options
    I have booked for me, DH & 2 DD's aged 3 & 6 to go in Feb, got a great deal on it staying at Santa Fe, 3 days/2 nights, Eurostar, Disney 3 day pass & half board for £550. Was really chuffed and managed to convince a reluctant DH to let me book!

However today he has come home saying he has spoken to a couple that have just returned and told him quite how expensive it is :(

Just wondered if you helpful people could shed some light, they have told him £10 for a glass of coke, £6 bottle of water, £50 for burger & chips for 4, disney dresses £100+.......Is it REALLY that expensive?

Hi, im no disney expert (i was on this board loads over the last couple of months getting advice off all the experts here) but as we came home 2 weeks ago after staying for 4 days hopefully I can offer a bit of advice.

We ate the breakfast every morning until we were full and took a few croissants each for snacks in the day, Coffees and a few snacks we had took ourselves in the day. Then a lovely big dinner at night.

Coffees were under 3 euros and about the same or a bit less for water or pop. We didnt spend much on food in the day, maybe crisps for the kids (appros 2 euros) or a cake (about 3 euros). We took cereal bars, chocolate, clubs and cheddars with us and along with the croissants this must have saved us a fortune, I was buying coffes in the walt disney studios park and the women in front ordered 4 burgers, 4 chips and 4 drinks (not as part of a meal deal) and it cost her 50 Euros :eek:

For the nights we ate at the Earl of sandwhich on the first night and for 4 of us it was 31 euros, including a beer for DH, Annettes twice inclding beer for oh was about 65 euros each might and cafe mickey was 80 odd euros. Earl of sandwhich and annettes we fab, wasnt keen on the dinner at mickeys (though obviously you do get the characters)at all but the breakfast was great and well worth the money.
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
  • redned_2
    redned_2 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    managed to sort our insurance out, disney are refunding it! Yay :p quite pleased about that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport