We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Disneyland Paris/EuroDisney - Questions & Answers

Options

Comments

• balletshoes
    balletshoes Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all
    Looking for any feedback/advice - all appreciated!
    Have never been to dlp before but thinking of a 2 night trip end Nov 2 adults, 2 kids.

Have had a quote for £1233 for filghts, transfers, hotel Santa Fe, tickets & b&b.

Any thoughts? Sound ok?
    Thanks!

Edit - return flights from Edinburgh
    Thanks

try doing it all separately, see if that makes a difference ie budget flights from Edinburgh to CDG or Beauvais, then transfers between the airport and DLP, then the official site for the Santa Fe (the price you see on there includes your breakfasts and park entry tickets for 3 days).

On the face of it, your quote sounds expensive to me (November/beginning of December is low season at DLP). Also if you can be a bit flexible with your dates, you might find a much lower price (check-ins on Friday and Saturday are generally much more expensive than any other check-in day).
  • redned_2
    redned_2 Posts: 156 Forumite
    Options
    so so soooo excited!

Booked to go in January for ds 4th birthday - 3 nights at santa fe. booked in the flash sale so cost £289.20 plus insurance and card payment made it £355.20ish!!! just have to find a cheap way to get there now! to include euro star brought the total to 850ish:eek:, so think we will probably drive, use the tunnel and add a nights stay nearby either side to get both full days in the park - I think this will be slightly cheaper or the same but better value...

hotel £355
    crossing £120
    tolls £50
    2n hotel £120?
    diesel £150 (travelling from london area)
    total £795

obvs not includingfood when we are there but by takin the car we can take extra snacks:D!

what do you think?? any tips/corrections gratefully recieved!

Also just phoned disney to check whether the insurance will cover travel otherwise it was pretty pointless taking it out - have to phone mondial directly so will do that when I get back this avo - hope it does cover everything!

thanks. I love this thread!

this will be our first family holiday!:D
  • babyfruitella
    Options
    Hi all
    Have never been to dlp before but thinking of a 2 night trip end Nov 2 adults, 2 kids.

Have had a quote for £1233 for filghts, transfers, hotel Santa Fe, tickets & b&b.

Any thoughts? Sound ok?
    Thanks!

Thanks

I think that sounds quite high. I've just had a quick look at 30 November & assuming your children are under 7 (for the hotel), flights with easyjet plus 2 nights b&b at Santa Fe including tickets comes to just under £750, so you'd only need to book your transfers. Even if one of your children were over 7, it'd still be under £850 plus transfers.
    COMP WINS FOR HUBBY & I SINCE SEPTEMBER:
    2 £50 DOMINOS VOUCHERS, 13 PAIRS OF FOOTBALL TICKETS, MICROSOFT HOME EDTN, 2 PAIRS OF ALTON TOWERS TICKETS, 1 CASE OF PERCY PIGS, 1 PAIR OF LEATHER LADIES GLOVES, 4 COLLECTION 2000 PRODUCTS, PLAYSTATION 3 WITH FIFA 12, 5* HOTEL STAY IN LONDON, SEASON 6 OF SUPERNATURAL DVD, PERFECT PIZZA VOUCHER
  • balletshoes
    Options
    redned wrote: »
    so so soooo excited!

Booked to go in January for ds 4th birthday - 3 nights at santa fe. booked in the flash sale so cost £289.20 plus insurance and card payment made it £355.20ish!!!

you appear to be paying Disney around £57 for 4 days travel insurance? Thats expensive - for future reference you don't have to take out insurance when you book a holiday, you can shop around and take it out separately.

Enjoy planning your first family holiday - very exciting for you :D!
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    so so soooo excited!

Booked to go in January for ds 4th birthday - 3 nights at santa fe. booked in the flash sale so cost £289.20 plus insurance and card payment made it £355.20ish!!! just have to find a cheap way to get there now! to include euro star brought the total to 850ish:eek:, so think we will probably drive, use the tunnel and add a nights stay nearby either side to get both full days in the park - I think this will be slightly cheaper or the same but better value...

hotel £355
    crossing £120t
    tolls £50
    2n hotel £120?
    total £795

obvs not includingfood when we are there but by takin the car we can take extra snacks:D!

Also just phoned disney to check whether the insurance will cover travel otherwise it was pretty pointless taking it out - have to phone mondial directly so will do that when I get back this avo - hope it does cover everything!

We've booked that deal too (well, the hotel part anyway) and can't wait!

I've decided not to tell dd until Christmas day but very nearly mentioned having seats with electric sockets on the train yesterday!

:silenced:

It will be little short of a miracle if I manage to contain my excitement for that long, as I know she will feel the same!

I agree the insurance is expensive! Are you able to cancel and get your own?
  • bestpud
    bestpud Posts: 11,048 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Any thoughts? Sound ok?
    Thanks!

Thanks

Another who thinks that sounds a lot.

Definitely try doing it all separately as transport can be very expensive through Disney.
  • amorge
    amorge Posts: 386 Forumite
    Options
    so so soooo excited!

hotel £355
    crossing £120
    tolls £50
    2n hotel £120?
    total £795

Hi,
    When we go we always travel independently on Eurotunnel the day before we arrive at the park, as you pointed out so we have full use of park passes on the first day.
    I would recommend looking at the Accor Hotels website (TCB at offering about 3% cash back too). The Etap hotels are basic but good and cost around £29 per room (not per person), there is one about 10 miles from Disney.
    LBM 18/06/15 - [STRIKE]£20,276.64[/STRIKE] :eek:
    01/07/15 - £19,897.02
  • I'm just trying to decide what to do for next June now. I can get the Hotel New York for £969 for 4 nights (2 adults and 1 under 7) or Seq lodge for £793. What does anyone think - are prices likely to come down (outside of peak times just)?

As I've booked the flights we're pretty restricted on dates.
  • vik987
    vik987 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Have a few questions for anyone who can help....

Firstly has anyone been recently and stayed at Santa fe is it still themed cars?

Also anyone who can help me on price I'm getting quote around £1500 for 3 adults 1 under 3 child.

This included 4 nights, half board, Eurostar and lunch with mickey.

Is it a good price? I think it works out euro star about £500 odd

I am flexible with date but want to go in december after 10th anyone help?????
  • balletshoes
    Options
    vik987 wrote: »
    Have a few questions for anyone who can help....

Firstly has anyone been recently and stayed at Santa fe is it still themed cars?

yes its still Cars themed, and will be for quite a while now, as the refurb was to make it Cars themed :).

Also anyone who can help me on price I'm getting quote around £1500 for 3 adults 1 under 3 child.

This included 4 nights, half board, Eurostar and lunch with mickey.

do you really want half board? You don't save any money doing half board nowadays, and you will still have to pay for your child at table service restaurants (you don't get a half board voucher for them). You only get one voucher per adult per night booked on half board. You also don't have to have the set meal at 30 euros per adult at Cafe Mickey, if you don't pay in advance for that you can eat off the menu and share pizza and sides, or have one course for lunch etc etc. You can do it a lot cheaper that way.

Is it a good price? I think it works out euro star about £500 odd

have you checked how much Eurostar would be if you booked that direct yourself? It could work out a fair bit cheaper booking Eurostar yourself, then using Disney for the hotel (you get your breakfast and park tickets for 5 days included in the price you see). Then research half board, lunch at Cafe Mickey etc, and if you want them, add them later (you can add them to your hotel booking up to a couple of days before you check in if you want to).

I am flexible with date but want to go in december after 10th anyone help?????

get crunching those numbers ;) - and remember that Friday and Saturday check-in dates will increase your hotel price, so plan to check in on another day of the week (and preferably avoid weekends altogether at DLP).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport