Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    And I've always loved the longer days. When I left work at 4.30 in mid summer I had nearly 8 hours of sunlight left to enjoy in the day. Just feels completely different from winter.

Have started planning the planting. Bought new pots etc a couple of weeks back so just got to get some seeds planted under glass over Easter.

Bexster :)
  • bexster1975
    Options
    Think I might just have sounded like I was chucking my toys out of the pram on that other thread re: pensions!

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Think I might just have sounded like I was chucking my toys out of the pram on that other thread re: pensions!

Not at all, you said what I was thinking :T

Going back to comment ;)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • bexster1975
    Options
    Thank you!

I hope you had a productive day. I've been busy, but only in a good way. Visiting people, doing a bit of admin, little bit of supermarket shopping ( very little). Home is clean which is nice as it means no weekend cleaning. Bit of work to do tomorrow morning, but then the day is free for whatever I fancy!

Have a lovely evening

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Not as much as I would have liked, need to keep away from MFW's Diaries :rotfl:

Getting my 2nd wind though and need to hoover bedroom before it gets too late.

L/R all neat and tidy - stuffed my cushions today !!! and changed my bed, washing done, uniform washed - not need that for a while :D

After hoovering it's onto ironing :( then decided to put up wardrobe freestanding rail and move any unwanted items out of wardrobe and onto rail in readiness for CS or ebay if they still have tags on them :)
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Well I've been back for about a week now, and list is just as long as it started. However have managed listings on the bay, so hopefully by the end of the month I will see the profit of all my good efforts.

Had a fab mini break and would certainly think about doing that again sometime in the winter months, however focus is on the Mortgage now as got a little carried away there for a couple of months.

Nearly all bank accounts have been emptied as very large bill was due, so now paid and skint.

Having said that, hadn't touched my salary, so overpaid £107.41 to take my balance to . . . 11,000.00 :j at the end, and during this month, I'm hoping there will be another 0 onto that balance :D
  • SuperSecretSquirrel
    Options
    Having said that, hadn't touched my salary, so overpaid £107.41 to take my balance to . . . 11,000.00 :j at the end, and during this month, I'm hoping there will be another 0 onto that balance :D

Well done :D That imminent extra zero is very exciting! Almost as exciting is the fact that you'll drop that zero again soon after! :)
  • bexster1975
    Options
    Awesome work AFK! Glad you had a great time. I like a short break to blow away the cobwebs :D

Beautiful couple of days here forecast, so a couple of day trips planned (National Trust membership for one, so no cost besides petrol). Look forward to hearing about £9,999 owing :p

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Well done :D That imminent extra zero is very exciting! Almost as exciting is the fact that you'll drop that zero again soon after! :)

Thanks for that ;)
    Awesome work AFK! Glad you had a great time. I like a short break to blow away the cobwebs :D

Beautiful couple of days here forecast, so a couple of day trips planned (National Trust membership for one, so no cost besides petrol). Look forward to hearing about £9,999 owing :p

Thanks Bexster - would certainly do that again - 4 nights away to sunnier climes - loved it. Hope you had an enjoyable couple of days, weather here turned out lovely today.

Slowly reaching the 4 figure mark and thought I had hatched a little plan to save some £'s but having 2nd thoughts as don't know enough of what I'm doing :eek:

That £9,999 might never be :naughty: you know me . . . that'll be £9,990.00 :D

Be back once I find out which is the best solution.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Oooops, forgot to say another knotty o/p made of £500 :) so still have 5 noughts - just in a different order :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure