Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    House jobs is a timely reminder that Spring is on us! I'm determined to get the garden sorted (powerwashed, regrouted, conservatory cleaned, gutters emptied etc...) before June this year! Last year everytime i had some time available the weather decided it wasn't ready for such activities. So in AFK fashion i will get a job list created and put on the fridge.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    House jobs is a timely reminder that Spring is on us! I'm determined to get the garden sorted (powerwashed, regrouted, conservatory cleaned, gutters emptied etc...) before June this year! Last year everytime i had some time available the weather decided it wasn't ready for such activities. So in AFK fashion i will get a job list created and put on the fridge.

Managed to spend a good few hours in the garden just before all that snow came, so a good start to the "spring" sorting outside, but if weather is any good, then it'll be time to stain fence/shed and a few pot plants will do - and as i'm typing this and endless list is popping into my head, but I do know 1 thing - I'll not be doing any gutters, am thinking about getting them re-newed along with the fascias.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Off in around a week for another fortnight - give or take a half day - well take :( ready with "to do" list in hand. This house is going to be "ship shape" (I hope) by the end of March. :)

Did I say that - yes, think I did, oops :o

Started that list this weekend, but so much more still to add to it. So far, sorted bathroom blind (it fell down !!!) and cut a piece off - so pantry blind made - just need to work out how to attach without making holes in new surround trim :think: its a blind that won't move as its a tiny window, anyhow back to the bathroom and I have prepared the bath/shower and sink ready for new silicone.

Shelves in pantry in progress atm - then can start filling it up - I can already see this is a good move, as can see what I have for my batch cooking at a glance instead of rummaging the back of the cupboards.

Kitchen cupboards need re-organising - on the list.

However will not be finished as I hoped by end of March, as I enjoyed my last break and everyone remarked how calm and de-stressed I looked, I booked another mini break leaving Friday to the Canary Islands :o so will be away for my birthday :j

Snow here was lovely this morning and certainly not anything like we had a couple of weeks ago, when we had two RED days announced.

Got someone to work my Easter Monday, so I'm now working the May holiday :( - can't have it all ways.

Omg - have just noticed a large damp patch above my door in the porch (as such) :eek: yuk - that needs sorting straight away - another job for the top of my list.

Have just spent 20 mins on surveys only to be told the usual - have reached our target, you don't meet our requirements etc etc, think I'll cash in and give it up as a bad job. £80 in vouchers waiting for me and have just completed a Pc survey, another £3 to claim :)

At end of March, I'm hatching a plan to get things moving even quicker (I hope) so roll on April :)

Let the games begin.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    To do list sounds a bit like one step forward two steps back!!:D

More holidays coming? Are you a teacher? :rotfl:

Hope you are ok yourself.

Bexster :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    edited 18 March 2018 at 6:43PM
    Options
    The list grows every day - can't keep up with all the "to do" jobs and I/m in the right frame of mind just now to "gut" out :)

However I do need "help" :eek: in a big way, I have just gone through my kitchen cupboards and filled a huge black bag with all the flipping containers I have for baking, batch cooking, microwaving etc etc . . . sooooo
    how can I whittle it down . . . . I need help here . . .

A teacher indeed :rotfl: might not mind, what with all the holidays they get ;) not to mention "the" large salary :rotfl: . . . I wish . . . double and more of mine . . . just think where I would be . . . MF :D

ps - just found 5 pots of strawberry jam :eek: tea and scones anyone ??
  • JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Your list sounds like mine:) It's never ending...I always seem to be adding far more to it than I am crossing off! Scones...yes please:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Our lists are always like that! I recently read "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff" and one of my favourite messages was "Your in tray will never be empty". Sounds obvious, but I like it as a calming thought to (try) and not get too worked up about tasks that just won't leave you alone!
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    [FONT=&quot]Now officially on a/l for next 14 days [/FONT]:j[FONT=&quot] and . . . Loads to do [/FONT]:)

[FONT=&quot]Sun is shining (although thick ice on cars this morning).[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Frightened to have a look at finances [/FONT]:o[FONT=&quot] as March is always a very spendy month [/FONT]:eek:[FONT=&quot] that on top of 2 mini breaks abroad (1 gone, 1 still to go) have not helped.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]When I buy on c/c I always already have the money there to cover the spend, so normally just transfer it over to the c/c bank account in wait for the 0% ending. Not this time [/FONT]:mad:[FONT=&quot] But not due till Jan next year, so have time to pay back.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Still plodding away, between bathroom and kitchen - saw wallpaper that caught my eye whilst driving by a wallpaper shop - so will go back and have a proper look.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]And for once, know what I actually want for my birthday - I need a printer for my chromebook, have actually bought one or two in the past, then my brother has needed a printer, so he gets them, before I manage to get them out the box and connected up.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Right this is not getting work done - 1st job - tackle that black bag with they flipping containers, I mentioned.[/FONT]
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hurrah for annual leave!

My new lifestyle means I will only work all day for someone else two days of your 14 days annual leave :D

If you want a buddy to help get stuff done, I have a few spring cleaning things planned over the next week.

Off to clean the bedroom office and lounge as I've already changed the bed this afternoon

Bexster :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Hi Bexster

has your 1 day week started already? How's that going? I did think you were working a whole lot more than that - say 100% more - like 2 days a week !!! :rotfl:

Would love the company spring cleaning, however have 2 days (3 sleeps) before I fly off to sunnier climes (I hope).

Atm - in the midst of the kitchen, my pantry is looking great, still have 2 cupboards and 2 drawers to do though - 1 full of booze :D (I don't drink) and 1 full of medication :o (nough said).

11 cabinets done and 1 tall one plus 2 drawers - all emptied cleaned and out of date stuff - thrown out :eek:, just thrown out a jar which was won in a guess how many sweets in the jar comp, 189 unopened sweets - roses, chocolates, toffees, mints etc, etc - lying at the back of a cupboard - forgotten about :o now binned.

Anyway back to the booze (cupboard, that is) :D:D:D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure