IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ZZPS/Wright Hassall Threatening County Court Proceedings

Options

Comments

• aaarrrggh
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    they were for many years a respectable company , however they have now "sold their souls" in order to survive

aaarrrgh

have since visited Liverpool airport, and have noticed they now have much more visible signs that quite clearly state something along the lines of "You will be fined £100 if you park in this area", but that certainly was not the case when I went through this situation.
    where those the words used?

They most certainly were not the words used, but I didn't take a photo of the signs at the time (I didn't know anything about committing any kind of offence - legitimately too, I really did not notice any sign at the time). I have since noticed the much clearer signs that do mention the £100 fine very prominently, but in 2014 when this happened, they most certainly were either not there or nowhere near as prominent.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 3 January 2016 at 4:57PM
    Options
    My advice would be to put pressure on WH. If they have mentioned Beavis v PE complain until you are blue in the face. Complain to the SRA, the CAA. Trading Standards. (but only in writing), local papers, radio stations, Twitter, Facebook, your M.P., local Chamber of Commerce, etc.

Cause them to spend time and money defending their once good name.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • aaarrrggh
    Options
    Just thought I'd update this thread again just incase people get here from Google or whatever in the future. As of today (17/2/2016), I'm yet to hear from them once again. I simply ignored their last letter.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    aaarrrggh wrote: »
    Just thought I'd update this thread again just incase people get here from Google or whatever in the future. As of today (17/2/2016), I'm yet to hear from them once again. I simply ignored their last letter.

Wright Hassall ...... please see this

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/british-parking-association-appoint.html

In a nutshell, the BPA has joined the infamous industry of scammers
  • HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    I have no idea whether this point has already been made in this thread or not but it is worth repeating.

The original debt collector in the process was ZZPS which is effectively the phoenix of Roxburghe UK Ltd (in administration) and appear mysteriously to have inherited many of Roxburghe's letter formats and even occupy the same offices - although they use a different name for it (Roxburghe's address used to be Roxburghe House, Lavender Park Road, W. Byfleet - ZZPS's is Manor House, Lavender Park Road, W. Byfleet. Manor House was the name for Roxburghe House before Roxburghe moved into it).

Before going to the wall Roxburghe were renowned for sending out threatening letters on solicitors' letterheads that they effectively rented the use of. For many years letters were sent out in the name of Graham White & Co (that coincidentally used the Manor House, Lavender Park Road address) when in reality the letters came from Roxburghe direct without any supervision or oversight by a solicitor - and print-outs produced by Roxburghe in court cases proved this was the case.

At length, Graham White & Co went the way of all flesh and Roxburghe were left to cast around for a new supplier of letterheads happening across GPB Solicitors from Stratford-on-Avon. GPB even went to the length of changing their Law Society registration to show that members of their staff were actually based in Roxburghe's offices (one might conclude that was an indication either of the sheer number of solicitors letters that Roxburghe were generating or that the SRA were already sniffing around). In any event GPB were closed down by the SRA for an unrelated matter.

Then along came WH.

Given the history is there any reason to think that WH letters aren't produced in West Byfleet in exactly the same way and for the same reasons as Graham White and GPB letters were?

I respectfully suggest that the mere fact that the WH letters bear a Leamington phone number is not indicative of anything as far as the location of a letter's origin is concerned.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 485 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It appears that WH have a separate wing for dealing with debt recovery. This was lifted from their website. And a charge of £5.00 for a letter before action seems reasonable to me - I bet it appears as £50.00 by the time it gets added to the costs though.

Debt recovery

Wright Hassall has significant experience in recovering debts on behalf of banks, financial and insurance institutions, corporates, retailers, SMEs and individual traders. We offer the flexibility of collecting debts either through Wright Hassall, our separate Debt Collection Agency (DCA) QDR Solicitors, or using a multi-phased strategy that combines them both.

Business debt collection

Every business will have debts that it struggles to collect and judgments which may have been secured but which have never been enforced.

The debt collection team are experts at commercial debt collection working with businesses - corporates and SMEs - to collect business debts on a cost effective basis. Typically, letters before action can be sent for under £5.

If you have outstanding debts, complete the short form below and begin the process of recovering monies that are owed to your business.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,959 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Can't have been Excel at Liverpool Airport anyway, although I see the OP said 'yes it was Excel originally' further back in the first posts here. Must have been VCS.

So there is no way Excel have any cause of action, they don't even have signs up or a contract with the Airport.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    WH are well known for not actually knowing which company they were acting for.

I suggest a formal complaint to Rhys Jarman.
    https://www.wrighthassall.co.uk/footer-links/legal/complaints-policy/

Dear Mr Jarman,
    I wish to complain that your company are accusing me of owing a debt to Excel parking for an event at Liverpool Airport. However, Excel Parking do not have any signage or authority at Liverpool Airport.

Please therefore cease and desist from writing to me.

POPLA

Additionally I understand you are dealing with a number of cases under the POPLA brand, so if your company fails to understand these basics of contract law and continues to harass me, I will bring this to the attention of the POPLA board.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • aaarrrggh
    aaarrrggh Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    So these scam artists are back at it again. This time they have passed the details on to "BW Legal", who are now threatening to issue a CCJ against us if we don't pay up inside the next 10 days.

This is the first specific threat of this nature from these scumbags, so I'm not sure what I should do here. My policy so far has been to ignore them. I'm not paying them, so what next?

hjVl604.jpg
  • aaarrrggh
    aaarrrggh Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Just so this shows up in Google:

BW LEGAL - scumbags, cowboys, idiots, robbers, liars, cheats, and for good measure another "scumbags".

Anyone been threatened like this before and managed to make these scam artists go away?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport