IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

ZZPS/Wright Hassall Threatening County Court Proceedings

Options

Comments

• The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 5 August 2016 at 12:50PM
    Options
    So they have mentioned Beavis, in fact they have lied about it. I suggest you follow my advice in post 43, this is totally unprofessional. Also, I see that they are claiming £54 which is in excess of what is allowed. Gan has written a letter about this on peppippoo.

They seem to be digging themselves into a hole here.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • aaarrrggh
    aaarrrggh Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Can I ask why mentioning this case is illegal and why they've lied? I'm literally on the phone to them now (on hold) as I'm typing this!
  • The_Deep
    Options
    It is not illegal, it is untrue, immoral, and unprofessional. They have lied to obtain pecuniary advantage.

Why are you speaking to them? !!!!!! man get it on paper, judges love paper trails. I despair, no wonder firms like Brighthouse flourish.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    aaarrrggh wrote: »
    .... I'm literally on the phone to them now (on hold) as I'm typing this!
    Put the phone down now!

Never phone a debt collector/ppc etc
  • aaarrrggh
    aaarrrggh Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Well I don't really know what to do about this now. I asked them on the phone if they had any proof that I was the driver - they just kept stating that I'm the register keeper. I told them they have no proof but they said me being the registered owner at the time was all they need.

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to say to appeal it tbh. I'll maybe take a look around the pepipoo forums to see if I can find something I can use.

I didn't say anything that would incriminate me at all on the phone - I argued they could not prove who the driver was and that at the time of the offence there were no clear signs on the road (and I told them I know that because I have been on these forums and people posted photographic evidence taken around the time of the alleged incident).

I have seen the photographic evidence and you clearly cannot see who the driver was.
  • Quentin
    edited 5 August 2016 at 1:47PM
    Options
    You are far too late now for any appeals.

If you end up with a court claim then see the newbies faq thread for advice and links to do with preparing defence, and come back here with your draft defence for advice.

Throughout this forum there is constant advice to never contact a debt collector or PPC via phone!

Don't ring them any more and don't answer the phone if/when they ring you - block their number if you can.

And although it may be too late edit your OP as you were advised to! If they don't know who was driving they cannot win in court!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,109 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If they don't know who was driving they cannot win in court!

Perhaps this needs a bit more explaining rather than just making throw away comments.
    they just kept stating that I'm the register keeper.

Since this is an airport covered by byelaws, there is no Keeper Liability. However since this was on the phone and not by letter, it will be your word against theirs - hence do not call them or talk to them. Everything on paper / email.
  • Quentin
    Options
    Perhaps this needs a bit more explaining rather than just making throw away comments.....

Yet again your snide comment is unnecessary.

It has been fully explained at least 6 times to the OP in this thread!

My comment was aimed at trying to get the OP to edit the post which does show who was driving!
  • The_Deep
    Options
    Never mind who was driving, never mind the signs, never mind byelaws, attack the solicitor, their behaviour is totally unacceptable and we should all try to get them sanctioned.
  • Quentin
    Options
    The_Deep wrote: »
    Never mind who was driving,......
    It is essential for the OP not to reveal who was driving!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport