PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    JB1983 wrote: »
    Hello, I’ve had a letter from black horse regarding several loans I had with them and they want another 8 weeks to investigate. Is this normal for them?

If they are a long time ago and not much detail is left, yes.

Do remember, given you are complaining to Black Horse, that they only have liability if they sold the product so if for example you bought a car via a dealership where Black Horse did the finance, Black Horse are not liable for the sale, the dealership is. I wouldn't hold out much hope of them accepting a miss-sale and you might get lucky but if it's pre-2005 and a car dealership sale, chances are they will reject as not regulated and not responsible for the sale.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    JB1983 wrote: »
    Hello, I’ve had a letter from black horse regarding several loans I had with them and they want another 8 weeks to investigate. Is this normal for them?

I don't know the circumsatnces of your loans, but be aware, if they were for car finance, and sold to you via the dealership, the dealership will be responsile for the sale, not BH.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Keeperz
    Options
    After much procrastination, took the plunge and sent off letters for a number of accounts I had in mid 90s onwards.

Early response from MBNA who have sent Cheque payment for £125 on original PPI amount of £54 from 2000. Interestingly, they state Card was originally a Bank of Scotland one (Sonycard) and they have contacted BOS on my behalf with regards to earlier period.
    Have another MBNA card for a total of £940 in PPI and that is still being investigated.

Yorkshire Bank have replied advising I had 5 separate products with PPI from 1995 onwards - have now submitted complaints against all 5.

Still awaiting news from CitiBank (Card) and Black Horse (Loans)

Fascinating to read through this thread and see the success stories, and the less successful ones
  • Jamesbarnett49
    Options
    Hi all

I’ve just had a Plevin decision upheld and I’m due a payout, it gets a bit complicated however. I’m in a debt management plan and MBNA who have awarded me the the Plevin are part of he plan but they sold the debt to PRA group. Just wanted to know if anyone had any experience with this and know whether the money will go directly to me or PRA. Neither would really bother me as he refund would practically pay off the debt.

Thanks
  • -taff
    Options
    Depends if the debt was sold or contracted out. Ask MBNA.
  • Jamesbarnett49
    Options
    Thanks taff, I will check but I’m pretty certain it was sold as on my credit file MBNA are no longer on there but the debt is under PRA group.
  • -taff
    Options
    The debt can either be contracted out or sold on completely. MBNA may have clawback rights with PRA, they may not.
  • glamlovinkitty
    Options
    I used the reclaim tool to make claims relating to every card or loan I could remember having. All were knocked back except Bank of Scotland who have just sent me a cracking £4218 for PPI on a loan from years ago!! I didn't have to go to the Ombusdman, they just sent it to me.

Absolutely gobsmacked, as I'd no idea I'd ever had PPI and I had none of the details. The tool made it super easy, I'm making everyone I know do it now!
  • Dazed_and_confused
    Options
    I used the reclaim tool to make claims relating to every card or loan I could remember having. All were knocked back except Bank of Scotland who have just sent me a cracking £4218 for PPI on a loan from years ago!! I didn't have to go to the Ombusdman, they just sent it to me.

Absolutely gobsmacked, as I'd no idea I'd ever had PPI and I had none of the details. The tool made it super easy, I'm making everyone I know do it now!

Depending on your current income you may also be able to claim a refund of some (or all) of the tax deducted from the interest paid alongside the PPI refund.

You could owe additional tax on this interest but it's more likely that you are due some of the tax deducted back.
  • Amanda4242
    Options
    I had several loans with Lloyds going back 17 years. I called them to start the PPI process - I only had one loan number. They have paid out £3385 in PPI back to me. It has taken about 6 weeks in total.
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no 463 - Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure