PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Where do we stand?
    You stand with a successful PPI complaint, but no refund to show for it.

There is nothing you can do to change this situation.

Sorry.
  • kappachino10
    Options
    Hi, I made a phone call to RBS making a requesting/complaint about any accounts I had with them including any loans etc. I know this sounds daft but I cant actually remember how many/what I had regarding loans cc's etc except for one loan and one card. They have since texted me 4 different acknowledgement texts (yesterday)with different claim numbers? Then this morning I have received 5 texts saying they have sent letters detailing the outcomes of my claim(s)Am confused lol...does this mean theyre looking into 5 different accounts or are they as confused as me lol? Also, this all seems a bit quick...has anyone else had a successful claim that was sorted so quickly with them? Thank you!! :)
    You only get one life - but if you live it properly - it's enough! :rotfl:
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, I made a phone call to RBS making a requesting/complaint about any accounts I had with them including any loans etc. I know this sounds daft but I cant actually remember how many/what I had regarding loans cc's etc except for one loan and one card. They have since texted me 4 different acknowledgement texts (yesterday)with different claim numbers? Then this morning I have received 5 texts saying they have sent letters detailing the outcomes of my claim(s)Am confused lol...does this mean theyre looking into 5 different accounts or are they as confused as me lol? Also, this all seems a bit quick...has anyone else had a successful claim that was sorted so quickly with them? Thank you!! :)

Wait and see. It could be a "you havent had PPI" letters for each account or it could be auto-payouts.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • kappachino10
    Options
    dunstonh wrote: »
    Wait and see. It could be a "you havent had PPI" letters for each account or it could be auto-payouts.
    Thank you dunstonh...I wasn't aware of 'auto-payouts'?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    ...I wasn't aware of 'auto-payouts'?
    Typically paid on very low cost complaints, "auto-payouts" are a business decision by the Bank to refund without any investigation. They have been employed in the past to ease the burden of backlogged complaints during the busiest periods.

As Dunston says, though, a quick turnaround of your complaint could just as easily indicate that the Bank have found no record of PPI on your account, so don't get your hopes up too much just yet.
  • kappachino10
    Options
    Thank you moneyineptitude :) I'll not get my hopes up! :)
  • turner80yvonne
    Options
    Whoops in my stupidty when i was 21, store cards and bank loans were thrown left right and centre, and yes i fell foul to them.

I was a civil servant and had good sick pay, pension and should i fall into redundancy i would be found in another government department or redundancy package. (5 years service at the time)

Any way cut a long story short i was told i had to have ppi to get the loan and cards failure to do so would reject my claim.

I completed the resolver ppi claim letter 6th , 3 to halifax, 2 to Santander Previously GE Money and 2 to Creation Finance.

Im pleased to say i received an offer letter from halifax from my account in 2001 (they were small loan amounts i thought poss £500) I was told over the phone my claim was £1585 :T

I was always put off from trying think it would be a waste of time but i done it just from HSBC, Santander & Creation Finance, will keep you posted
  • Starlight21
    Options
    I have successfully reclaimed PPI paid on a Capital One credit card. I cancelled the PPI in 2005 after a couple of years.

I received a cheque for £2467 last week after using Resolver to make my complaint.

Delighted!
  • kappachino10
    Options
    Hi all :) I received just over £2000 in offer letters from RBS in the post this morning! Awaiting one more from them and several others for my partner - delighted to say the least! :):) Thank you all and to Resolver ;)

The PPI was from 1993!
  • Jeaniekins
    Options
    Hi. After a serious income drop 14 years ago, we found ourselves deep in bother juggling outstanding loan/overdraft and card finances. Finally, after being in denial for some time, contacted Stepchange and arranged an affordable payment plan. Now, 12 years on, those debts are getting to the final few payments. I knew we had PPI on loans in the past so, when the final payment was made to an Alliance&Leicester Loan 3 months ago, I thought is it too cheeky to try? I contacted Stepchange and they said it is definitely worth applying. If the loan hadn’t been paid off, the money may have been held for that but at least it would have been paid off. Also, advised not to use a claims company cos if the successful claim was held over to pay off debt, you’d still have to pay claims company’s % yourself.
    So I found a link online that said A&L PPI claims are dealt with by a Santander email address/claim form. Really basic stuff. Just names/addresses and a ref if possible. I had a ref number on my Stepchange statements. So I sent off the form. 4 weeks after, I received a letter saying it hasn’t been dealt with within their guide times so to bear with them a further 4 weeks. Also asked for bank details so any successful claim would be paid direct. I did this.
    Imagine my absolute surprise when I checked my bank online this week- and discovered somebody had deposited £9000! First reaction was it’s a bank error and will disappear next day. Mouth on the floor, I raked around for the Santander letter and the paying in reference number matched. Wow, it’s genuine.
    So, firstly, my never ending appreciation for the support of sites such as this when I was trying to find solutions all those years ago. Secondly to Stepchange for allowing me the opportunity to try and put things right.
    And, thirdly, to the companies we owed for their patience.
    We were always determined to not walk away from our debts and it’s been a long slog. But, that cash is now going to pay off the remaining debt and finally replace our well worn out car- just in time for approaching retirement due to ill health and uncertain future income.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback