PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• Niggly_2
    Niggly_2 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    IANC wrote: »
    I personally think this should happen anyway.

I know that won't sit too well with people, but far too many people are reliant on CC's for daily expenditure.

I have too admit, I am one of them and I can't wait to clear them and cut the bloody things up.

If you calculate what things end up costing if you put it on a credit card (such as holidays or cars), you are basically paying silly amounts for things (often multiples of their value). Things that you would have too save up for under normal circumstances.

I also think that once a credit card is repaid, it should automatically be closed.

I agree. Far too tempting with the money waiting, wanting and nagging to be spent. Ripped up all mine start of 2009, went for a dmp, and live off a weekly budget. Hats off to people who have the will power not to spend the limits.

Things will happen soon I am sure for you and if their are hiccups along the way then at least this site and members will support you. What I have found shocking, but not surprising are the amount of errors being made by the banks, the wooliness of the FOS redress advice and the lack of service from the banks. As for you unregulated loan we just pick out the best example of a case study that we can find and tell them to pay. I am sure that I could put up some nice figs for you if your not happy with how they calculate the refund on this.

Seeing I am on a roll I am currently looking at the CC redress, the word fluffy comes to mind. I think that the fos might have got this a little wrong. I am coming around to the idea that at any point a ppi payment was charged then the full apr should be paid.

Got carried away there a bit:o.

I am off to look at the credit card situation, should be getting some real life data to look at soon. Life doesnt get any more exciting.

:beer: n

N
  • smitchy73
    smitchy73 Posts: 2,558 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    IANC wrote: »
    I personally think this should happen anyway. (But they should tell you in advance that it is happening)

I know that won't sit too well with people, but far too many people are reliant on CC's for daily expenditure.

I have too admit, I am one of them to a certain extent and I can't wait to clear them and cut the bloody things up.

The first £1000 is being used to close my HBOS CC and the account will be closed long before they try and reduce the limit.

If you calculate what things end up costing if you put it on a credit card (such as holidays or cars), you are basically paying silly amounts for things (often multiples of their value). Things that you would have too save up for under normal circumstances.

I also think that once a credit card is repaid, it should automatically be closed.

I can't agree more with you, we were going to cut the limit so they did save us a job, we could in theory clear about 90% of our debts if our claims that are in come good, which being positive they will, the wife wanted to book a holiday and I'm like no, hell no, we clear the debts and save the money we will save each month and if we can afford it we will then go on a holiday, I also want to get rid of the credit cards too, or if anything keep them with small limits just for the odd emergency.
    Thanks to all the competition posters.
  • caza888
    caza888 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Ok.... In august last year I made a complaint to barclays about a PPI I was missold. My case was put on hold because of the JR so I referred my complaint to the FOS. Since november 2010 I haven't had any correspondence from barclays so when the news came out in April that people who made a claim before April 2011 were going to get a goodwill gesture I waited to get my letter from barclays.....I'm still waiting! I have sent two emails to the CEO and ring customer services daily and I'm told daily someone will ring me back I still waiting for the phone call 2 months on. I spoke to someone in customer services yesterday who said I would definitely be getting a refund and she could tell from my notes it would be soon. I just rang again today and they are now saying they need to check that I am in the group who will be getting a refund and there is nothing on my case notes about a refund! I don't know what to do they said they would ring me back on Monday after they had spoken with the PPI complaints team.... but I wouldn't hold my breathe! :(:A
  • lainey8
    lainey8 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    caza888 wrote: »
    Ok.... In august last year I made a complaint to barclays about a PPI I was missold. My case was put on hold because of the JR so I referred my complaint to the FOS. Since november 2010 I haven't had any correspondence from barclays so when the news came out in April that people who made a claim before April 2011 were going to get a goodwill gesture I waited to get my letter from barclays.....I'm still waiting! I have sent two emails to the CEO and ring customer services daily and I'm told daily someone will ring me back I still waiting for the phone call 2 months on. I spoke to someone in customer services yesterday who said I would definitely be getting a refund and she could tell from my notes it would be soon. I just rang again today and they are now saying they need to check that I am in the group who will be getting a refund and there is nothing on my case notes about a refund! I don't know what to do they said they would ring me back on Monday after they had spoken with the PPI complaints team.... but I wouldn't hold my breathe! :(:A
    Hi i am fairly new to the site, however, i work for Barclays, if you have to phone them back on monday ask to speak to the customer relations team, and ask them to check that a complaint is logged on your account, (every advisor can check if a complaint is logged) let me know if i can help in any way. lainey
  • Dizzywithmoney
    Options
    Niggly wrote: »
    If the total loan was £6224.08 then the ppi was 1224.08/6224.08 x 100 = 19.67%

So it makes sense that the rebate to ppi would be 19.67%

If the total rebate was £1873.19 in total then the ppi rebate would be £368.46. However with some ppi policies they state the cost of them are mostly up front. If your lucky the cancellation rebate table will be in the policy document. What I am saying is the rebate may be even smaller.

Did you take out another loan and take ppi out again or just payoff?

N

Hi - no we didnt take out another loan with that company, we paid it off in full.

I dont have a copy of the policy document just a copy of the agreement that they sent me! Incidentally there was nowhere to sign for the PPI it just stated the amounts on the form.
  • Dizzywithmoney
    Options
    Hi - now my OH is getting so frustrated, we keep getting letters about the PPI stuff but no cheques!! He has been on annual leave this week (I am now for 2 weeks, would have been nice to have had another payout so we could go away but never mind we know they are coming) and is getting really frustrated by it all. But he did come out with a statement how he felt about it all - he said its just like being in the waiting room in A&E and they keep moving you from one area to another and you think you are going to get treated at each stage but its just another "move up the queue" to keep you quiet!!! Not that he is a regular attender of A&E that is though!!!
  • caza888
    caza888 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    lainey8 wrote: »
    Hi i am fairly new to the site, however, i work for Barclays, if you have to phone them back on monday ask to speak to the customer relations team, and ask them to check that a complaint is logged on your account, (every advisor can check if a complaint is logged) let me know if i can help in any way. lainey

Hi Iainey, thanks for replying and offering to help :0) I spoke to the customer relations team and a complaint is definitely logged in my account. They said it is 'open and being investigated'. I am just hoping I get a phone call on Monday so they can confirm my complaint will be dealt with before the 31st August deadline:o
  • veryhappygrandma
    Options
    I received a cheque today from MBNA for £2949. Yipee! And it's my birthdaytoo. Great present.
    Original credit card was Alliance and Leicester, and I had no paperwork. I filled out the form and sent it off in late April, expecting to have it rejected as many of the boxes were "don't know" and "can't remember". I have had a couple of letters apologising for the delay, and now this. I would not have known how to go about this without your detailed guidelines. All it cost me was the price of a stamp. THANK YOU MSE.
    :j
  • Niggly_2
    Niggly_2 Posts: 325 Forumite
    Options
    Hi - now my OH is getting so frustrated, we keep getting letters about the PPI stuff but no cheques!! He has been on annual leave this week (I am now for 2 weeks, would have been nice to have had another payout so we could go away but never mind we know they are coming) and is getting really frustrated by it all. But he did come out with a statement how he felt about it all - he said its just like being in the waiting room in A&E and they keep moving you from one area to another and you think you are going to get treated at each stage but its just another "move up the queue" to keep you quiet!!! Not that he is a regular attender of A&E that is though!!!

It will happen and you will have a nice cheque. I read that there are about 5000 claims a month going in so at least hubby is near triage rather than in the car park waiting for a space to park:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

N
  • themass
    themass Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Letter today from Norton, they state they will stand by their decision and let the FOS sort it out, so now the long wait.
    ive just pulled into the car park.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure