When does a Vodafone contract end?

Options

Comments

• husk
    husk Posts: 45 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Regarding Vodafone, if you use your PAC any time after your minimum term contract ends you'll only be charged up until (and including) the day that you port out, not the whole 30 days that the PAC is valid for.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    husk wrote: »
    Regarding Vodafone, if you use your PAC any time after your minimum term contract ends you'll only be charged up until (and including) the day that you port out, not the whole 30 days that the PAC is valid for.
    This is untrue. You'll be charged for 30 days.
  • husk
    edited 18 May 2015 at 2:10PM
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    This is untrue. You'll be charged for 30 days.

That was direct information from Vodafone, and I seemingly wasn't charged when I left this year.

I haven't been through my bills thoroughly to check but I was told by two different advisors that charges end on the day I port out. If I outright cancelled the contract or moved to PAYG then I would have been charged 30 days.
  • Silk
    Silk Posts: 4,836 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    That was direct information from Vodafone, and I seemingly wasn't charged when I left this year.

I haven't been through my bills thoroughly to check but I was told by two different advisors that charges end on the day I port out. If I outright cancelled the contract or moved to PAYG then I would have been charged 30 days.
    You need to check your bills thoroughly in that case.
    Vodafone is no different to any other network and require 30 days notice to cancel a contract even when out of minimum term.
    You did "outright cancel the contract" the minute you used the PAC
    Using a PAC does not circumvent the 30 day obligation.
    It's not just about the money
  • husk
    Options
    Silk wrote: »
    Using a PAC does not circumvent the 30 day obligation.

Vodafone are telling me it does.

I used their online chat service again this evening, they said the charges end on the day you use your PAC code and you are not charged another 30 days after that. Neither are you charged 30 days from the day the PAC is issued.

If you really think that Vodafone advisers are giving out wrong information than perhaps Lee wants to weigh in on this.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    I think most Vodafone customers know by now that Vodafone advisers are trained to give out wrong information. Lee's role is to run around plugging the holes for those who don't and end up on here.
  • grumbler
    edited 24 June 2015 at 1:07PM
    Options
    I think the only they are trained to is to fob a customer off by all means.
    Although they know very little and are incompetent, they never admit this (as the call needs to be escalated in this case) and tell the annoying customers pretty much anything to get rid of them.
  • husk
    Options
    How exactly would it help Vodafone to give out wrong information in this circumstance?

They are honest about the 30 day notice upon cancelling without porting and moving to Vodafone PAYG so why would they lie about this singular issue.

If I had found I had been charged, all I would have to do is point to the transcripts of my chat sessions.
  • grumbler
    edited 18 May 2015 at 9:30PM
    Options
    How exactly would it help Vodafone to give out wrong information in this circumstance?
    Most customers, like you, never check the bills thoroughly anyway. So, there is no point in wasting time on finding the correct information and giving it to every customer asking questions.
    They are honest about the 30 day notice upon cancelling without porting and moving to Vodafone PAYG so why would they lie about this singular issue.
    Because they don't know?
    If I had found I had been charged, all I would have to do is point to the transcripts of my chat sessions.
    Absolutely. You'll be one out of thousands.

To prove us wrong just post here copies your last two bills (including the final one) and all the dates.
  • husk
    edited 18 May 2015 at 9:53PM
    Options
    I'm not trying to prove anything, just trying to understand.

My final bill is in credit for the remaining days of my billing cycle and it shows charges up until the date I ported out.

It's possible that they deducted a 30 day charge from some credit I was due but it's not listed on the bill.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport