What are you doing with your Capital One card ?

Options

Comments

• ffacoffipawb
    ffacoffipawb Posts: 3,593 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Put it through the shredder, they can have it back! Account CLOSED!
    ratechaser wrote: »
    I also note that Cap1 have unhelpfully removed the 'what we owe you' cashback running total from the website when I log in, so they'd better not mess me around when it finally credits!

Disappeared for me too.
    However it will be on the historic statements, which I have saved.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Xstyle wrote: »
    OH POOH!
    I believe its 2nr Cards, Amex @ 1% and a Visa @ 0.5%, which is NOT ideal!!
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2014/03/barclaycard-revamps-its-cashback-cards-will-customers-lose-out

Already applied for an independent Amex!
    However, all other credit cards offer 0.5%, so there is no point in cancelling the Barclaycard Visa (I just won't use Barclays Amex!)

i have thought the same Xstyle. if things work out a certain way for me business-wise i can see myself wanting both the Barclaycard and MBNA 'dual' accounts and cutting up the Amex ones:wave:
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Keep the card not use it, but keep it for the extras e.g. Credit monitoring
    Xstyle wrote: »
    OH POOH!
    I believe its 2nr Cards, Amex @ 1% and a Visa @ 0.5%, which is NOT ideal!!

Already applied for an independent Amex!
    However, all other credit cards offer 0.5%, so there is no point in cancelling the Barclaycard Visa (I just won't use Barclays Amex!)
    planteria wrote: »
    i have thought the same Xstyle. if things work out a certain way for me business-wise i can see myself wanting both the Barclaycard and MBNA 'dual' accounts and cutting up the Amex ones:wave:

Why would you not want to use the Amex when it's double the cashback of the Visa ? I understand it's inconvenient to carry two cards, but isn't it worth it for the extra cashback on the Amex ?
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • lisyloo
    lisyloo Posts: 29,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why would you not want to use the Amex when it's double the cashback of the Visa ?

Depends on your lifestyle.
    I shop at farmshops and markets so find it hard to use Amex, so for some people it's just not worth it.
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Why would you not want to use the Amex when it's double the cashback of the Visa ? I understand it's inconvenient to carry two cards, but isn't it worth it for the extra cashback on the Amex ?

yes, sorry, i think Xstyle is thinking the way that i am. I don't want the Amex-payment card from Barclaycard or MBNA because where i can use Amex i would just use Amex Amex:D
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,918 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The biggest thing I am going to miss is the clear on line account, MBNA and Santander are dire in comparison. Instant full pending transaction information was very helpful, why can't they all do it.
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Keep the card not use it, but keep it for the extras e.g. Credit monitoring
    yes, sorry, i think Xstyle is thinking the way that i am. I don't want the Amex-payment card from Barclaycard or MBNA because where i can use Amex i would just use Amex Amex:D

Isn't the Amex Amex a slightly worse deal being tired starting at 0.5% admittedly depends on the amount you spend on it because it can go upto 1.25% CB over 10k
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2015 at 9:32AM
    Options
    mine is still there, and i didn't receive a letter, so perhaps i am surviving the cull completely. seems strange, but i shan't rock the boat unless necessary:think:
    I said you would :T
    Capone have taken CB off my A/c, BUT, it's on last statement, so, I used my CC on 29th, to use up CB, if/when they apply it to A/c. my next statement is 19th June, so, if I've judged it right, the CB should clear the balance, then close them.
    Shame, but, never mind.HSBC wrote to say they auto close inactive cards, after so long
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2015 at 10:15AM
    Options
    Isn't the Amex Amex a slightly worse deal being tired starting at 0.5% admittedly depends on the amount you spend on it because it can go upto 1.25% CB over 10k
    my mbna/amex @ 1% pays more cb than my tiered plat on a £10k annual spend, but,( only just), over that, the 1.25% pays off.depends on your annual spend;;fee free amex plat, old type
  • eagle
    eagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    joe134 wrote: »
    I said you would :T
    Capone have taken CB off my A/c, BUT, it's on last statement, so, I used my CC on 29th, to use up CB, if/when they apply it to A/c. my next statement is 19th June, so, if I've judged it right, the CB should clear the balance, then close them.
    Shame, but, never mind.HSBC wrote to say they auto close inactive cards, after so long

I'm beginning to think I should have done something similar on my card... haven't used it since the April statement. I wonder if they'll be able to send me my cashback one way or another - via the active direct debit or as a cheque?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure