What are you doing with your Capital One card ?

Options

Comments

• eagle
    eagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Put it through the shredder, they can have it back! Account CLOSED!
    Xstyle wrote: »
    Do I have to wait til my anniversary month for the cash back, and to close the account? That's 6 to 7 months away!

Nope it's going to be paid on your June statement. So that will be in about two weeks' time for me.
  • jagdipa
    jagdipa Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've also gone for the Amex Platinum with the £25 fee.
    Today I called to cancel an inactive Barclaycard (used previously for 0% balance transfer) and they said they'd convert it to a 1% cash back card!!! Excellent!!!! No fee, and huge limit.

Well this is interesting. I'm in the same position. What was the name of the card they offered?
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Keep the card not use it, but keep it for the extras e.g. Credit monitoring
    jagdipa wrote: »
    Well this is interesting. I'm in the same position. What was the name of the card they offered?

It must be the amex/visa combo ? unless there's a card that we don't know about ?
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i am guessing so too. if there is a flat-rate 1% Mastercard/Visa in their locker, i want one:D
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Oooh, I so nearly used it by mistake in Tesco this morning... just remembered to switch over to my Santander 123 in time...

I also note that Cap1 have unhelpfully removed the 'what we owe you' cashback running total from the website when I log in, so they'd better not mess me around when it finally credits!
  • eagle
    eagle Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ratechaser wrote: »
    I also note that Cap1 have unhelpfully removed the 'what we owe you' cashback running total from the website when I log in, so they'd better not mess me around when it finally credits!

I didn't notice that but though my page looked different - very well spotted! How convenient indeed...
  • Xstyle
    Xstyle Posts: 338 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jagdipa wrote: »

I have no idea! I should have asked!
    planteria wrote: »
    i am guessing so too. if there is a flat-rate 1% Mastercard/Visa in their locker, i want one:D
    It must be the amex/visa combo ? unless there's a card that we don't know about ?

I believe it's a Barclaycard Visa.
    How would the Amex/Visa combo work if it's that?
    I don't need or want it to be Amex, as that's what the individual Amex Platinum I have applied for separate from this.
  • Xstyle
    Options

Check your last statement.

From Jan to May statement, they owe me £228.46.
    June I have spent a shed load more on it... Probably overboard! So hoping for nearer £300
  • planteria
    planteria Posts: 5,321 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ...I also note that Cap1 have unhelpfully removed the 'what we owe you' cashback running total from the website when I log in...

mine is still there, and i didn't receive a letter, so perhaps i am surviving the cull completely. seems strange, but i shan't rock the boat unless necessary:think:
  • Xstyle
    Options
    I believe it's a Barclaycard Visa.
    How would the Amex/Visa combo work if it's that?
    I don't need or want it to be Amex, as that's what the individual Amex Platinum I have applied for separate from this.

OH POOH!
    I believe its 2nr Cards, Amex @ 1% and a Visa @ 0.5%, which is NOT ideal!!
    http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/cards/2014/03/barclaycard-revamps-its-cashback-cards-will-customers-lose-out

Already applied for an independent Amex!
    However, all other credit cards offer 0.5%, so there is no point in cancelling the Barclaycard Visa (I just won't use Barclays Amex!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure