Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 2 August 2016 at 2:57PM
    Options
    I've almost stopping breathing again with the thought of this - https://travelbird.co.uk/81306/multi-stop-vietnam-flights/?nav_ctx=37

Thoughts please?

Also been looking at the visa & getting confused. So, would we need the 1 month single visa, & what sort of price am I looking at?

I've been looking here http://www.vietnamvisapro.com/

& here http://www.vietnam-landingvisa.org/vietnam-visa-form.html
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 August 2016 at 3:27PM
    Options
    Duke, I used https://www.vietnamvisapro.net for our trip last September. It's reliable and a lot cheaper tham getting it via the Vietnam Embassy in London.

Never had to leave the computer, takes a few minutes, immediate acknowledgment. Takes 48 hours to receive the Visa Approval Letter and a visa application form. A little longer than 48 hours if you submit during the weekend.

Print-off the Visa Approval Letter, and the application form [complete it].

On arrival you'll need the above + a photo + visa fee of US$25

Straightforward.

Why not start a new thread, and keep all your questions and answers together?
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,147 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I used https://www.myvietnamvisa.com/ without any problems. I think it took about 48 hours too. You get sent a PDF invitation letter to print off which you hand over on arrival with a passport photo and fee.
  • Eponym
    Eponym Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ballard wrote: »
    That's an awful lot of traveling but you're sure to have some fun.

The traffic and pollution in Delhi makes it for a hectic place but there are things to see there. The Red Fort is certainly worth a trip.

Whenever I've been I've stayed in the budget area known as Pahar Ganj which has a major market and can be interesting. Ganj means market in Hindi which might be of use to you.

When I was last there they were still building the metro but it's been operational for a number of years now and is likely to be much quicker than getting a rickshaw.

Thanks to you and PompeyPete for the tips! I'm staying about 5 minutes from Karol Bagh metro station so I might well use it.

Unfortunately my only free time on a Monday which is when the Red Fort is closed. I think I will try to check out Hanuman's Tomb and maybe the Lotus Temple.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Eponym wrote: »
    Thanks to you and PompeyPete for the tips!

Another tip. As you'll be spending a lot of time on the road the last thing you want is to go down with a bad dose of Delhi belly. I'd take plenty of medicated hand gel, use it often, and definitely immediately after you've touched anything.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Eponym wrote: »
    Thanks to you and PompeyPete for the tips! I'm staying about 5 minutes from Karol Bagh metro station so I might well use it.

Unfortunately my only free time on a Monday which is when the Red Fort is closed. I think I will try to check out Hanuman's Tomb and maybe the Lotus Temple.

I've only stayed in the capital for one night at a time as I've been off to other states so bar The Red Fort & Connaught Place I haven't really done much else there. Perhaps you could contact the tour company to ask for their suggestions so that you don't double up.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,856 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    Another tip. As you'll be spending a lot of time on the road the last thing you want is to go down with a bad dose of Delhi belly. I'd take plenty of medicated hand gel, use it often, and definitely immediately after you've touched anything.

I once had the exact opposite problem in Jaipur - constipation. Quite possible the only person out of a billion in the subcontinent with that particular affliction. I sent a friend to the local chemist and surprisingly they had something that worked a treat. Within half an hour I was back to normal.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Back to Gulluk Turkey on Sunday for second visit this year then Egypt in October. Looks like it will be the only sunshine I'll be getting as the UK summer has been so bad now for the 9th year running. Shame about the exchange rate.....
  • Eponym
    Eponym Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ballard wrote: »
    I've only stayed in the capital for one night at a time as I've been off to other states so bar The Red Fort & Connaught Place I haven't really done much else there. Perhaps you could contact the tour company to ask for their suggestions so that you don't double up.

We see India Gate and Connaught Place on the itinerary but that's it. Delhi is really just a meeting point.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I tend to change my mind quite a lot these days :o Was going to Vietnam, but, I spotted a real bargain for NZ flights last night :j So I booked them at £860 for 2 of us :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure