🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lady1964 wrote: »
    Thank you again.

Quick question re Travelbag, do you have to pay in full at the time of booking?

I've done a multi to Thailand, & holiday to Cost Rica with Travelbag, it all went well for us on both occasions.

5. Payment

In order to confirm your chosen arrangements, a minimum non-refundable deposit of £200 per person must be paid at the time of booking if you are booking more than 12 weeks in advance. A higher deposit may be payable depending on the particular arrangements booked and in some circumstances full payment for the arrangements may be required at the time of booking. Please check with us at the time of booking. Depending on the fare booked, full payment for flights may be required at the time of booking. Full details of the applicable payment will be given at the time of booking. If booking 12 weeks or less before departure, full payment must be made at the time of booking.

If not paid in full at the time of booking, the balance of the cost of your arrangements must be received by us no later than 12 weeks before departure. If we do not receive all payments due (including any surcharge where applicable) in full and on time, your booking will be treated as cancelled by you in accordance with clause 13.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    We stayed at Solana Beach in Belle Mare, all inc and very good value at £1200 for 10 nights.

We did have a terrific holiday and liked Mauritius but we didn't love it enough to return. I think we are stuck on SEA. So many different places to see and fantastic sightseeing.[/QUOTE]

I had to go & check my review on TA to see where I stayed, it was 2013. We stayed at Tropical Attitude (some people certainly had it too :rotfl:) Trou d'eau Douce. I booked with TravelLab, 2 weeks AI, £999 each. Same here, we had a great time, but I wouldn't go back as there's so many other places that I want to see.
  • lady1964
    lady1964 Posts: 955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    I've done a multi to Thailand, & holiday to Cost Rica with Travelbag, it all went well for us on both occasions.

5. Payment

In order to confirm your chosen arrangements, a minimum non-refundable deposit of £200 per person must be paid at the time of booking if you are booking more than 12 weeks in advance. A higher deposit may be payable depending on the particular arrangements booked and in some circumstances full payment for the arrangements may be required at the time of booking. Please check with us at the time of booking. Depending on the fare booked, full payment for flights may be required at the time of booking. Full details of the applicable payment will be given at the time of booking. If booking 12 weeks or less before departure, full payment must be made at the time of booking.

If not paid in full at the time of booking, the balance of the cost of your arrangements must be received by us no later than 12 weeks before departure. If we do not receive all payments due (including any surcharge where applicable) in full and on time, your booking will be treated as cancelled by you in accordance with clause 13.

Thank you Duke.

We've booked our flights separately from hotels and I usually book hotels that are cancellable and/or pay on arrival. I've booked our KL hotel directly with the hotel and have booked The Bayview in Penang in the same way. Talking of the Bayview, I emailed them on Wednesday night and again this morning as I had a couple of questions, as yet there's been no response, not very impressive.

I'm still pondering what to do with regard to cancelling the Bayview & staying at The Lone Pine or reducing the number of nights we stay at The Bayview & stop in Georgetown for 2/3 nights.

Opinions, experience & advice from people on here is very helpful.
  • Eponym
    Eponym Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just booked a tour with G Adventures called Delhi to Kathmandu Adventure. Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Orcha, Varanasi (India) then Lumbini, Royal Chitwan National Park, Pokhara and Kathmandu (Nepal).

I'll have an afternoon in Delhi before meeting the tour group. As a solo female I don't really fancy wandering around in my own, any recommendations? We visit India Gate and Connaught Place the following morning with the tour so not those. It would be nice to do some sightseeing, perhaps a half day city tour, but I imagine most/all tours will include those. Maybe a street food tour?
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 July 2016 at 11:14AM
    Options
    Eponym wrote: »
    I've just booked a tour with G Adventures called Delhi to Kathmandu Adventure. Delhi, Agra, Jaipur, Orcha, Varanasi (India) then Lumbini, Royal Chitwan National Park, Pokhara and Kathmandu (Nepal).

That itinerary deserves a big WOW...

https://www.gadventures.com/trips/delhi-to-kathmandu-adventure/2824/

There's a heck of a lot of mileage involved, you'll see a lot, but because of the pace you'll be moving at you'll miss a lot too.
  • lady1964
    lady1964 Posts: 955 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I've made a decision and booked 3 nights at E& O in Georgetown, at the moment I'm sticking with Bayview and have requested they change my booking to 4 nights.

Still not convinced by Bayview but staying there has meant we can afford the time at the E&O.
  • Eponym
    Eponym Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    PompeyPete wrote: »
    That itinerary deserves a big WOW...

https://www.gadventures.com/trips/delhi-to-kathmandu-adventure/2824/

There's a heck of a lot of mileage involved, you'll see a lot, but because of the pace you'll be moving at you'll miss a lot too.

Yes, it's going to be hectic with some long travel days. I have a big birthday a fortnight before and I think a Kindle will be going on my list!

It covers pretty much everything I want to do - that's feasible for a two-week trip, anyway. I can already see myself returning to Nepal for trekking at some point.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes, it's going to be hectic with some long travel days. I have a big birthday a fortnight before and I think a Kindle will be going on my list!

It covers pretty much everything I want to do - that's feasible for a two-week trip, anyway. I can already see myself returning to Nepal for trekking at some point.

When you eventually get to Kathmandu, and if you get 3 or 4 hours free, then take a taxi to the stupa at Bouudhanath...

http://wikitravel.org/en/Boudhanath

...well worth the short trip, particularly at dawn or dusk.
  • Ballard
    Ballard Posts: 2,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I'll have an afternoon in Delhi before meeting the tour group. As a solo female I don't really fancy wandering around in my own, any recommendations? We visit India Gate and Connaught Place the following morning with the tour so not those. It would be nice to do some sightseeing, perhaps a half day city tour, but I imagine most/all tours will include those. Maybe a street food tour?

That's an awful lot of traveling but you're sure to have some fun.

The traffic and pollution in Delhi makes it for a hectic place but there are things to see there. The Red Fort is certainly worth a trip.

Whenever I've been I've stayed in the budget area known as Pahar Ganj which has a major market and can be interesting. Ganj means market in Hindi which might be of use to you.

When I was last there they were still building the metro but it's been operational for a number of years now and is likely to be much quicker than getting a rickshaw.
    I hate verisimilitude.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    lady1964 wrote: »
    Thanks, this is all helpful, I really appreciate you posting.

I've booked The Royale Chulan in a club level room. Again this is cancellable but I haven't yet found anything comparable in the same price bracket. Don't worry about the name of the Mexican, I don't like that type of food! But I'd be very grateful for any other recommendations.

The best way to eat in Malaysia is just head to the night markets and follow your senses. I don't think I'd be going to a Mexican restaurant though!

Here's a good BBC show about Malaysian food:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DQgMWLATsE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills