Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• MasterPoo
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    Where did you see the 1st class NZ tickets MasterPoo, & how cheap were they? Cheapest economy I've seen is just over £750 with 31 hour flight.

I could only go for a few weeks if I booked now, so I may leave it until I can spare extra time.

Duke it was reported by Head for points and it was about £1K, I've just googled it, can't seem to find it. Try searching on Head for points to see if it comes up
  • Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 29 September 2015 at 7:08AM
    Options
    Just come back from Kauai - Oh my word, it was the most wonderful holiday i have ever had (and i have travelled a fair bit)

Everything just came together, set of rooms directly on to the beach. Beach was nearly always totally empty for miles. Pool was nearly always empty and the hot tub was divine. The facilities and ground were immaculate and the hotel well placed for shops and adventures out.

We decided on quite a full itinerary, mountain tubing, kayaking, stand up paddle boarding, hiking, helicopter rides, catamaran to out lying islands, island hopping to the big island and Honolulu, volcano tours and lava fields, zip lines, waterfalls and lagoon swimming, bike rides.. We even took a shelter dog out for a day trip (its a scheme that they run)

We saw wild dolphins, sea turtles, monk seals and loads of fish. Met and enjoyed the company of the locals who were absolutely fantastic. Food was great and had a few cocktails too.

sun%20n%20surf.jpg

Secret%20Falls.jpg

The travelling time (door to door 36 hours was a bit of a killer) but i would do it again in a heartbeat.

I now am suffering some severe post holiday blues - esp as today i am due back to work.... sigh.

Normally i would get planning the next destination to stop the blues but sadly we need to put our heads down and start saving like mad as we have a non negotiable and unbending deadline to buy a house by next September (its to do with a deposit and assistance offer from a family member - but they have stuck a timetable on the offer)

This being said, it has been agreed that if we don't make the required savings deadline we will go to Japan.

:)
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    Tyger that sounds like the type of holiday my boys and I would thoroughly enjoy! How did you do the island hoping? I have soooo many questions, lol! more pix more pix

36 hours, what was your flight plan in both directions please?
  • Tygermoth
    edited 1 October 2015 at 3:00PM
    Options
    Haha! careful what you ask for re holiday pics... I have loads :) n I will post some later

Outbound - LHR to LAX 11 hr flight LAX to Lihue 7 hrs
    return - Lihue to San fran then Washington then LHR 5/5/7

full plan:

Day One Monday 14th September

• Am - Chill and explore

• Pm – Mountain tubing

Day Two Tuesday 15th September

• Am – Chill and explore

• Pm – Jack Harker helicopter tour (doors off)

Day Three Wednesday 16th September

• Am – Secret falls kayak Tour

• Pm – Chill and recover

Day Four Thursday 17th September

• All day Niihau catamaran Super tour

Day Five Friday 18th September

• All day – Chill

Day Six Saturday 19th September

• Am – Stand up Paddle boarding

• Pm – Mooch

Day Seven Sunday 20th September

• All day – Chill

Day Eight Monday 21st September

• All day - Volcanos – Discover Hawaii

Day Nine Tuesday 22nd September

• All day – Shelter dogs on Field trip

Day Ten – Wednesday 23 sept

• Am - Downhill bike tour

Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • Tygermoth
    Options
    The 'chill days' were planned in as we were expecting tours to get moved for weather changes. I am glad we did as both the helicopter (which is a must btw) and the catamaran had to be moved after arriving on the day in both cases. Also we needed recovery time for hikes and such as we are not at our prime fitness wise. The OH also got badly sunburned despite using 100 block after we had to wade through a river on a hike where the water was a chest height and it washed it off so a few days down time was needed :)
  • Tygermoth
    Options
    dolphin%20pod.jpg
  • Tygermoth
    Options
    first%20day%20sunrise.jpg
  • Tygermoth
    Options
    Kayak.jpg
  • Tygermoth
    Options
    stand%20up%20paddle%20boarding.jpg
  • Tygermoth
    Options
    hiking%20to%20lagoon.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure