Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,317 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 26 September 2015 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    The good thing about Boston is that when the weather is too hot/wet/cold you are never more than a stone's throw from a bar.
    True, but I don't drink and was travelling alone so bars were not on my 'to do' list :D In any case there's far too much to do to spend precious time in bars :)
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £460
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Almost booked NZ & Malaysia loads of times over the past few weeks, but once booked my fix will be over as I never book too far in advance. Does that count?
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    I'm doing the obligatory 3 nights in Bangkok then 10 in and around Krabi. I haven't got much of an itinerary planned, just going to take it day by day.

Dosh, I'm looking forward to reading all about it.

graham73 wrote: »
    US Road trip next August: Fly to Vegas, Tahoe, SF then prob back to Vegas. I don't think I've ever booked a holiday so much in advance! Only booked the flights so far, will sort out the car next month and hotels probably in the New Year.

I'm excited now, I may have to have a sneaky week away between now and then to calm me down :D

I've booked a big fat ZERO for our East Coast to West Coast trip in Aug 2016.....Oh I lie, I booked Yosemite because I heard it gets booked quickly!
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    The good thing about Boston is that when the weather is too hot/wet/cold you are never more than a stone's throw from a bar.

hahahahahaha Dosh!
    sandsy wrote: »
    Some islands there that I'd love to visit!! I've only been to St Lucia in that part of the world. Hoping to make a trip to the Caribbean in 2017.

It's never to early to start researching!
    Ames wrote: »
    Got back at midnight from my six weeks in Africa. It was a real challenge, and I couldn't do everything I hoped, but I had a great time. The train that finally got in 17 hours late was an experience, but I won't be doing it again! I loved Johannesburg, and went on a brilliant safari in Botswana.

My luggage decided to go on a mini trip without me, so I'm waiting for it to be delivered home.

Time to start planning my next trip..

Ames, I am soooo very jealous! You so need to write a trip report. Sounds amazing.
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    ttoli wrote: »
    Prior to moving to North Cyprus , I was forever travelling to places far and wide (Being in the Travel Industry rather helped ) but now my big trips, are every 2-3 years the UK for a couple of weeks( 16th March already booked) and day trips once a month to Istanbul, Adana or Antalya

What is the weather like in Turkey during March & April? When I was researching what to do for Easter next year I found the perfect hotel, but they only open May to Oct, then I saw that the weather would possibly be mild over Easter?
    DUKE wrote: »
    Almost booked NZ & Malaysia loads of times over the past few weeks, but once booked my fix will be over as I never book too far in advance. Does that count?

Duke there were 1st Class tickets to NZ at stupidly cheap prices a few weeks back. How long will you be travelling for?
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    hahahahahaha Dosh!

It's never to early to start researching!

Ames, I am soooo very jealous! You so need to write a trip report. Sounds amazing.

I'll happily write a trip report, is that a 'thing' on this board, or is there a different board for it?
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    Ames wrote: »
    I'll happily write a trip report, is that a 'thing' on this board, or is there a different board for it?

It's not a thing on this board, but it is on other boards I subscribe to. Why not make it a thing, I'd read it. I enjoy reading about peoples holidays.....as you can guess, hence why I started the thread. :rotfl::rotfl:
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    What is the weather like in Turkey during March & April? When I was researching what to do for Easter next year I found the perfect hotel, but they only open May to Oct, then I saw that the weather would possibly be mild over Easter?

I always like Turkey in April, but not March, too unpredictable for me.
    travelover
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Where did you see the 1st class NZ tickets MasterPoo, & how cheap were they? Cheapest economy I've seen is just over £750 with 31 hour flight.

I could only go for a few weeks if I booked now, so I may leave it until I can spare extra time.
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I always like Turkey in April, but not March, too unpredictable for me.

Been in Istanbul in late February, and it's been wet, cold, miserable, but endlessly fascinating.

Antalya, same time, and glorious during the day, but chilly from late afternoon onwards.

Marmaris [Icmeler] in April, and very stormy mixed in with sun and warm weather.

Fethiye, also in April, and wall to wall sun all the way.

Pay your money and get what comes your way. But Turkey is great, don't be afraid to take a few steps off the beaten track!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure