Pre-existing Travel Insurance Guide Discussion

Options

Comments

• TwitTwoo
    TwitTwoo Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bykerlass wrote: »
    Can I ask what is NFOP please? It!!!8217;s bound to be obvious !!!55357;!!!56900;

National Federation of Occupational Pensioners I believe ;)
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yes that's correct.

I have now joined to avail myself of the travel insurance, current quotes from 'standard' companies coming isn at around £650, NFOP is £295, a significant saving and giving as much cover plus a wider area of geographical cover. Have'nt bought yet as my current insurance is still current.

One thing to bear in mind, cover runs from March to March.

Well worth looking into.
  • Bykerlass
    Bykerlass Posts: 941 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kiki2000 wrote: »
    Hi I'm not sure how to post but this may be of use to someone, my husband age 77 has several existing conditions, we wanted a joint single trip insurance to Europe for a five week tour in a motorhome we were quoted several extremely high prices with some not covering existing conditions, we were recommended to NFOP and on joining were offered their travel insurance no declarations of existing conditions all are covered if they are well controlled all they ask is that you have not been advised not to travel and with no terminal diagnosis , this is annual multi trip and up to age 79 but if membership and insurance is continued then the upper age limit does not apply. The cover seems very good and we noted people on the forum quoting cruises often require high cover, but this is for £5,000,000 and the p & 0 cruise we have just been on was well covered, all this for £31.80 to join NFOP then £275 for joint travel insurances
    frankie wrote: »
    This for me is avery interesting idea.

I have looked at the NFOP policy booklet and cannot see anything that would put me of applying, or at least looking at.

I am in the process of seeing if I am elegible to join NFOP.

Thank you for this really useful information. I’ve just made a joint membership and will be purchasing the travel insurance. £275 for joint travel is brilliant!

:beer::beer:
    I USED TO BE INDECISIVE BUT NOW I'M NOT SO SURE!

Rich people tell you that money doesn't bring you happiness just so the poor people don't feel jealous.
  • lewis
    lewis Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would not touch them with a barge pole. My was admitted to Hospital in thailand Phuket we had to visit 3 hospitals before they would except him he had a thrombus in his leg so finally admitted to Bangkok hospital Phuket rang 4medical who told me not had contract with them but would find another hospital but could I pay the bill after 4days the hospital would not allow us to leave till bill was paid. they then said they would fly him to a hospital in Bangkok bearing in mind we could not get a fit to fly letter. It is a all centre who answer your calls so you get someone different all the time some of them were very rude. arrived Bangkok hospital who told us they had been black listed for 2 years for none payment of bills, but now paid also the Phuket hospital told us the same. Now back in uk put in claim still waiting! Whole thing was a complete nightmare. Before or if you buy go on trip advisor and read the comments .
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 25 May 2018 at 7:39PM
    Options
    lewis wrote: »
    I would not touch them with a barge pole. My was admitted to Hospital in thailand Phuket we had to visit 3 hospitals before they would except him he had a thrombus in his leg so finally admitted to Bangkok hospital Phuket rang 4medical who told me not had contract with them but would find another hospital but could I pay the bill after 4days the hospital would not allow us to leave till bill was paid. they then said they would fly him to a hospital in Bangkok bearing in mind we could not get a fit to fly letter. It is a all centre who answer your calls so you get someone different all the time some of them were very rude. arrived Bangkok hospital who told us they had been black listed for 2 years for none payment of bills, but now paid also the Phuket hospital told us the same. Now back in uk put in claim still waiting! Whole thing was a complete nightmare. Before or if you buy go on trip advisor and read the comments .

I don't know who 'travel4medical' are.

According to the NFOP Policy book medical emergencies are covered by Mayday Assistance.

Are you talking about the same company - NFOP??

Ah I think perhaps you're just talking about Travel4Medical insurance only. Sorry!
  • 13Kent
    13Kent Posts: 1,179 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    For anyone following this thread that is still looking my parents have just managed to get yearly travel insurance with All Clear at a reasonable cost to cover their European package holiday in a couple of months.
  • Vicks0001
    Options
    Just looking for a bit of advice if anyone can assist. My annual travel insurance has come up for renewal and normally I would look to shop around however an immediate family member has recently been diagnosed with a serious medical condition and I am wondering do I need to declare this to the insurer, and if so is it safer to stay with my existing insurer as it would be clear that it wasn't a pre-existing condition, or go with a new company and declare pre-existing condition? Any suggestions please?
  • HoofeHearted
    HoofeHearted Posts: 2,651 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    If the family member getting worse or passing away would cause you to cancel your holiday, then you need to declare this to whichever company you go with. Your premium will either go up or you may be refused cover.
  • Edmondcat
    Edmondcat Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 11 July 2018 at 3:34PM
    Options
    Hope that this is right I'm new

Been reading about travel insurance and telling them about pre existing conditions and cancer

I had cancer 40 years ago and recovered do I have to mention this ?

Have declared where asked
    Thanks
  • hollie.weimeraner
    Options
    Edmondcat wrote: »
    Hope that this is right I'm new

Been reading about travel insurance and telling them about pre existing conditions and cancer

I had cancer 40 years ago and recovered do I have to mention this ?

Thanks

My wife had cancer in 2004 and mentions it every time. There seems to be a 5 year cut off point but they always ask is she clear.

Better to mention it than not in my view!

It's never increased our premiums
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure