Ikea integrated dishwasher

Options

Comments

• ashehzi
    Options
    I got Beko dw686 integrated dishwasher. While reading and some more searching, I came to know about "METOD 4 fronts for dishwasher" available at IKEA

I am wondering if this is the solution to the problem for using third party integrated dish washer with IKEA because somebody in an earlier post mentioned about cutting 800mm into 200mm for lower portion of the door.
  • ashehzi
    Options
    I am planning to order adapt-r. How clean does it look? I've seen its youtube video but since you have done it as end user, I want to know how useful it is. Thanks.
  • donnylu
    Options
    I bought 3 of the BEHJÄLPLIG and all broke straight away. Unless they have redesigned it I would buy at your peril. Interested in this Adapt-R 2.0 if anyone has any feedback.
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I've just returned my Ikea dishwasher after it packed in and couldn't be fixed, and instead fit a standard sized Siemens dishwasher with the behjalplig mechanism. It took time to fit, but it works a treat, and in fact the door now fits flush whereas with the Ikea dishwasher it shut at a slight slant.

When fitting, take your time, and measure carefully - its a rare Ikea job where you have no holes whatsoever to help you in the doors or cabinets. I imagine if anything is fitted out of alignment, then the the plastic fittings will be under stress each time the door is opened and closed.

Also note that you will need a near full clear depth to the wall, as the dishwasher must be installed approx one inch back from the front due to the thickness of the behjalplig mechanism.

Final note - don't buy an electrolux/aeg/ikea/john lewis/zanussi dishwasher - the repair men only have to get it going again, not fix it - so if it breaks down with a mysterious leak, they won't fix it. If you have any problems with your Ikea kitchen, go back to your store/call them - don't call the national call centre.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Be aware that if you purchase an Ikea dishwasher second hand (we got ours as an ex-display 'new' machine which had been donated by Ikea to a local charity) that it is extremely difficult to source the parts needed to fit the cover panel.
    Ikea staff couldn't help and gave us an expensive number for Electrolux. They were no help either and gave us the number for a response service.
    Unfortunately they only deal with people who bought direct from Ikea and were under warranty.
    After going round in circles, dh finally managed to get the warranty people to agree to sell us the relevant parts.
    Not an easy solution at all.
    Something to bear in mind for anyone thinking of doing the same. I'm happy to hear if there is an easier way to source the part but we found it frustrating, even though we were grateful to get a bargain.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • rosie383
    Options
    Okay folks. Tearing my hair out with this flippin' dishwasher.

Have the Ikea Rengora dishwasher.
    Have the 60x80door to cover it.
    Have the kit from Electrolux to be able to attach said door to the front.

It has various nuts and screws and I can see roughly how it would work. Very roughly!

I can find a video showing similar fixings being used, but they use the original instruction page as a template to show where to drill the holes. I asked Ikea to send me a copy of this bit of paper, no can do. Of course.

They sent me an email of the template with dimensions of where to drill the holes. Of course this shows different fittings than we got from Electrolux.

There are a couple of nuts which look as if they will allow the door to slide up and down once fitted, but what I don't understand is screwing the door onto the front also. Surely if I use long screws to attach the door, it will stop any possible sliding action at top and bottom!

Sorry this is a bit rambling but I just can't get my head around it and don't want to start drilling holes until I know what I'm doing.
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • rosie383
    Options
    Please, can anyone help?

I just need to understand in my own mind how it is possible for a cover panel to be screwed onto an appliance but still have a slide action.

My new kitchen is great but this is the last piece and I can't for the life of me figure it out.
  • rosie383
    Options
    I still have not been able to fit this blasted cover panel on my IKEA dishwasher. As no one on this forum is able to help, can anyone give me a pointer as to where I can turn please?
    I have looked on other DIY sites, have googled everything I can think of and am still no further forward and really need to get this last bit of my kitchen finished.
    Please, if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it so much. IKEA can't help. Electrolux won't help.
  • stone2
    Options
    I had the same problem but IKEA have a conversion kit for £20.
  • troelstool
    Options
    Ikea now provide a mounting kit with some sliding hinges that you can use to mount a method door onto any dishwasher. It's called Behjälplig (part number 502.913.70). It seems they aren't always in stock, but try asking at your local Ikea store, even if they don't advertise it.

As you will soon realise though, the design isn't great. All the weight is held up by two small plastic fittings. Drop the door too early and the fall will break them. Ikea knows about the problem, but the only solution they have is to order a new kit and replace them. That'll get old real quick, so I have tried 3d-printing a replacement. I haven't received it yet, so can't attest to its quality, but presumably the plastic used by 3d-printers is quite tough, so it might work. If not, it's also possible to have it printed in steel, so that'll be my next step. I would post a link, but the software won't allow me, but do a search for it on shapeways.

Hope that helps some of you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure