Ikea integrated dishwasher

Options

Comments

• ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Don't Ikea still do the stainless steel kitchen? Our kitchen is stainless steel doors and drawers. Not sure if we got a 'special' door for the dishwasher or if it was one of the 'normal' ones. Our dishwasher was a fully integrated Hotpoint one. I know they changed something after we bought ours but can't remember what!
    Is your kitchen Faktum or Metod? The Faktum range matched all other kitchends, Metod doesn't - hence the adaptors to work with integrated dishwashers.
  • Waterlily24
    Waterlily24 Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi,

What I can't understand is if it's a 60cm space and you are putting in a non Ikea dishwasher why is it any different from ours. Hubby said it was a special door because it came with no door handle holes but he can't remember if it came with any extra fittings.

Have to go and check which kitchen it is and see if I can find the invoice.
  • Waterlily24
    Options
    Well, it goes back to 2009 and it's Rubrik stainless steel. The door is a Rubrik NN 60 x 70 stainless steel.

Looking for that brought back some bad memories about MFI lol, we had paid a deposit to them for a kitchen and they went bust and we lost our deposit.!
  • Waterlily24
    Options
    Forgot lol, it says FA on the list so I presume it's Faktum.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for taking the time to find out waterlily. That's where the problem lies now. The older style doors fitted the DW, but the new Metod ones don't. I'm kicking myself for not buying even a small door on one of our many, many trips to Ikea, then I would be able to know for sure if it is the same shade as the B&Q anthracite one. If it is, then our problem is solved.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Waterlily24
    Options
    You are welcome rosie, I'm probably being really thick here but why can't a normal door be fitted onto the machine. Our door is right next to the machine (no gap at all). Hubby thinks it's screwed on from the inside of the machine door. Don't know if that makes sense. Are the doors different sizes now or is it because of the handles?

I really can't remember it there were any holes for the handles but I doubt it because of the choice of different length handles we had. It's really confusing me lol.

Unfortunately we don't live near an Ikea shop so can't have a look. Mind you there is a distribution centre near us, they weren't allowed to have a shop.
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    You're not being thick waterlily. The problem is that the doors are now 80cm rather than 70cm so the door would hit the bottom of the DW when you try to open it (or something!).
    I looked on pinterest at the two different kitchen doors, the ikea ringhult grey gloss v the b&q anthracite one and they look to me to be pretty similar. Hopefully I'm right!
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Waterlily24
    Options
    Thanks rosie, that makes sense now.
  • Waterlily24
    Options
    When we did our kitchen they only made the floor cabinets in stainless steel, the wall and tall cabinets weren't available so we opted for black tall cabinets and glass and aluminium wall cabinets with black 'granite' look worktops. I love the stainless steel but it's quite hard to keep it looking 'clean'. lol
  • misswoosie
    misswoosie Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    Dont know if this is helpful to anyone, but recently we wanted to upgrade a kitchen in a property we were selling. I hated the miniature height wall cabinets, looked really naff. We replaced the wall cabinets and went for the white high gloss doors and then took the base cabinet doors (in good condition) to a car body shop and they sprayed 5 doors and 4 drawer frnts gloss white for us for £100. I keyed them and primed them with an oil based primer first. They looked fabulous.Maybe an option to make/have made a custom door for the dishwasher from MDF and then get someone to spray it
    Obviously it might be more difficult matching the colour with anything other than white gloss, but it's amazing how many different "whites" there are when you look at car paint colour charts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback