Ikea integrated dishwasher

Options

Comments

• DIYpete
    DIYpete Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 26 May 2016 at 9:06PM
    Options
    Installing a new IKEA Metod kitchen with a 5month old Bosch integrated dishwasher.
    I purchased an ADAPT-R kit from Holland for approx 65 euros to fit the Ikea 80cm high door to my dishwasher.

We fitted it today to my
    dishwasher - it took about at least an hour including figuring out what the diagrams meant. You will have to drill some aluminium bits to suit the holes in your dishwasher door and in my case have torx screwdriver bits for the existing screws on the dishwasher.

Basically you fix pivots to the sides of the adjacent cabinets and sliding guides to the IKEA door and the door of the dishwasher.
    It was ordered online and came in a few days.
    I hope this helps.
    Pete
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    We are putting in an Ikea method kitchen in the next couple of weeks but sourcing all of the appliances elsewhere.
    As with others, we had the dishwasher dilemma. We are going to have the dark grey high gloss doors and when I was in B&Q the other day, discovered that they do a grey anthracite high gloss with is pretty much the same colour as the Ikea one. So I am going to buy their integrated dishwasher door for £31 and hope it does the job.
    If not we will look at cutting an Ikea door to fit. We did try to source a stainless steel door just to fit in with the other appliances but they seem to come mostly from the US at a great cost.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • ic
    ic Posts: 3,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50291370/

They are stocking the sliding adapter again (for some reason marked as "new!").
  • Waterlily24
    Waterlily24 Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    rosie383 wrote: »
    We are putting in an Ikea method kitchen in the next couple of weeks but sourcing all of the appliances elsewhere.
    As with others, we had the dishwasher dilemma. We are going to have the dark grey high gloss doors and when I was in B&Q the other day, discovered that they do a grey anthracite high gloss with is pretty much the same colour as the Ikea one. So I am going to buy their integrated dishwasher door for £31 and hope it does the job.
    If not we will look at cutting an Ikea door to fit. We did try to source a stainless steel door just to fit in with the other appliances but they seem to come mostly from the US at a great cost.

Don't Ikea still do the stainless steel kitchen? Our kitchen is stainless steel doors and drawers. Not sure if we got a 'special' door for the dishwasher or if it was one of the 'normal' ones. Our dishwasher was a fully integrated Hotpoint one. I know they changed something after we bought ours but can't remember what!
  • rosie383
    Options
    ic wrote: »
    http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/50291370/

They are stocking the sliding adapter again (for some reason marked as "new!").

Is that an adapter to fit a non Ikea DW though? Has anyone used one?
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
  • rosie383
    Options
    Don't Ikea still do the stainless steel kitchen? Our kitchen is stainless steel doors and drawers. Not sure if we got a 'special' door for the dishwasher or if it was one of the 'normal' ones. Our dishwasher was a fully integrated Hotpoint one. I know they changed something after we bought ours but can't remember what!

Thanks waterlily but we would need a dishwasher door for a non Ikea one.
  • Waterlily24
    Options
    Hi rosie

Our dishwasher is a Hotpoint one fully integrated. Excuse the picture

uMhsVi.jpg
  • Waterlily24
    Options
    Asked hubby who fitted our kitchen himself and he said it was just a normal door for the cupboards without the drawers above.
  • rosie383
    Options
    Can I clarify please waterlily? Is that just a 60cm grevsta normal door, fitted on to an integrated machine? And using the adapter kit thing?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure