Ikea integrated dishwasher

Options

Comments

• POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We had an Ikea dishwasher and it lasted just over the 5 year warranty.

All our other dishwashers before lasted much longer than that.

We did look at buying another one but on chatting with the SA in Ikea said she would not buy another IKEA one as she had not been happy with hers and it had not lasted as long as others in the past as well, and as the double up boost on Tesco was on we ended up getting a hotpoint with our clubcard vouchers,which so far we are very pleased with.
  • energyistheft
    Options
    I'm just fitting an integrated whirlpool dishwasher (not from ikea) to an ikea kitchen and hit this problem..... If the standard 80x60cm door extends lower than the dishwasher door by more than about 85mm then the cover door fouls on the dishwasher body. At first it overlapped by 170mm! So my solution is to lower the dishwasher on its legs until the overlap is just under 85mm. Then the cover door won't touch the body BUT, is there a problem caused because instead of the dishwasher being jacked up against the underside of the worktop there will be an 85-90mm gap there? I intend to disguise this with some decor panel. Also the door will overlap the top of the dishwasher door by 85mm or so but from the outside it will look standard. So I think that this is a reasonable solution..... Any comments?
  • elite1001
    Options
    I'm just fitting an integrated whirlpool dishwasher (not from ikea) to an ikea kitchen and hit this problem..... If the standard 80x60cm door extends lower than the dishwasher door by more than about 85mm then the cover door fouls on the dishwasher body. At first it overlapped by 170mm! So my solution is to lower the dishwasher on its legs until the overlap is just under 85mm. Then the cover door won't touch the body BUT, is there a problem caused because instead of the dishwasher being jacked up against the underside of the worktop there will be an 85-90mm gap there? I intend to disguise this with some decor panel. Also the door will overlap the top of the dishwasher door by 85mm or so but from the outside it will look standard. So I think that this is a reasonable solution..... Any comments?

We have just purchased a Beko dishwasher and having the same problem. My partner has just suggested something similar to the above so would be interested to know if it worked? I assume the controls might be a bit tricky to access, but we can live with that. Really don't want to cut the door down! Thanks
  • Oddjobmon
    Options
    Grrr just planned my kitchen and realised the 'integrated door problem'. I've got a fully integrated Miele ( model G 5585SCVi XXL). Trying to work out if I can make it work. If not I won't be buying the kitchen from IKEA. Why do they have to make it so awkward. I'm not chopping doors up. Ideas welcome...
  • Thomasul
    Options
    I had the same problem with my bosch machine. Fortunately i got hold of the behjälplig sliding door kit, although not perfect, works fine wit my machine. Behjälplig is out of production (dont know if its because they have had problems with it or of they try to push more ikea machines). Another option worth considering, especially if you have a xxl machine, is to lower it a few cm from the countertop. for example my BOSCH macine accept panels up to 77.5 cm making the ikea panel 2.5 cm to long. The solution would be to put some 2.5 cm thick wooden planks between the machine and the countertop and fit the panel to the machine with a 2.5 cm overlap.
  • psarinuk
    psarinuk Posts: 352 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    We have just bought and installed the new METOD IKEA but we have not bought any appliances yet.
    I understand from this thread that we should get IKEA dishwasher for ease of integration with the kitchen door.
    Can someone please advise if other appliances are OK to be bought from outside IKEA?
    We need:
    * Washing machine
    * Integrated fridge/freezer (for a tower cabinet)
    * Integrated oven and micro (for a tower cabinet)
    * 4/5 burner gas hob
    * Extractor fan

Thanks for your help in advance.
  • vansboy
    vansboy Posts: 6,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I used Ikea fridge and freezer...best prices and five year warranty, so don't dismiss their range.

Beko washing machine, no probs
    Baumatic oven and hob, no probs
    Beko dishwasher...see my post above.

I think it is limited to the dishwashers, due to the tilting door operation.

VB
  • caroline_venezia
    Options
    I think I have a similar but related problem, but after reading this thread I'm even more baffled so would be very grateful for any advice!

I have to buy a dishwasher to replace one integrated into an IKEA kitchen bought (I think) in 2009, and I'm trying to find out if I have to buy an IKEA dishwasher again or if I can buy one elsewhere with the same dimensions. (Due to the location involved, buying from IKEA would cost *much* more for delivery, amongst other drawbacks.) Now I see from this thread that the ILEA kitchen design has changed and it sounds like that might complicate things further.

The old dishwasher is the narrow type, a "for IKEA from Whirlpool" DWF 407 which I measured at c.45cm wide x c.66cm high and it sits under a worktop c.60cm deep. I see the current IKEA narrow one, MEDELSTOR, is 44.6 wide x 81.8 high x 55.5cm deep which seems equivalent apart from the height - but is the difference there just because I only measured the machine itself whereas they include legs, worktop, etc? (This is not in my own home so I don't have immediate access to take other measurements, but can go back to do so if necessary.)

Ideally I'd like to buy whatever narrower type of integrated dishwasher is available at the local electrical appliances store, so firstly want to understand if that is possible. Failing that, if if I have to go with an IKEA appliance, would MEDELSTOR fit the existing kitchen - or would it require one of the adaptations described by other posters (new door, sawing a bit off something, or whatever)?

Any help *extremely* gratefully received!! Thank you.
  • Waterlily24
    Waterlily24 Posts: 1,328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We bought an Ikea kitchen at about that time, could have been a year earlier though. We put in a normal size Hotpoint dishwasher.

I know there are a few comments on here about the way they do the dishwasher space now.
  • Adapt-R
    Options
    Since Ikea has started the new Metod kitchen line a problem was born.
    The new kitchen doors are about 80 centimeters in length, but most dishwashers can’t be mounted with doors that have a total length of more then approx. 72-75 centimeters . Without the Adapt-R the dishwasher door can not be fully opened or fully closed.
    The Adapt-R 2.0 is compatible with every fully integrated dishwasher in an Ikea kitchen. The Adapt-R 2.0 is a universal adapter which can be installed on most common size dishwashers on both 45 and on the 60cm wide.
    Please send me a personal message if you are interested to build your own dishwasher in an Ikea kitchen.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback