632 replies 345.6K views

Replies

• edited 23 April 2015 at 12:40PM
    peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 April 2015 at 12:40PM
    I bought a £8 family policy for my UK holiday yesterday afternoon with Go Travel, got my code for this week immediately.

Admittedly I wouldn't usually insure a UK holiday, but at £8 I only need to use Meerkat Movies once to break even.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just did a 3 day European trip for a couple, got 83 quotes, chose the cheapest £4.97 with Coverwise, and this was at the bottom;

Get 2 for 1 cinema tickets
    To get MEERKAT MOVIES 2 for 1 cinema tickets log into your account or download the app.

It seems to be working fine for me, perhaps certain individuals or Brokers have been blocked?
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • Not the whole meerkat website, but...

As part of the process, you have to visit the specific insurer's website. To get there, you go via an intermediate website https://www.quote-link.net/comparethemarket

That site is down at the moment... (it's hard to believe it's been brought down because of traffic caused by this promotion, though.)

Perhaps they're pulling the promo? I doubt very much that people who had already signed up would lose the offer, though.

R.
    If less is more, think how much "more" more would be.
  • It's back! :-)
  • cici71cici71 Forumite
    79 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    £2.05 was the cheapest I was offered. Waiting for it to be authorised and 2 for 1 here we come!! Fab deal! I couldn't see which cinemas were participating but at £2.05 I took the gamble before it was plugged. I'm hoping Odeon is included?
  • The CtM site isn't recognising my policy number, I've emailed their customer services.

Here's hoping...
  • peachypricepeachyprice Forumite
    22.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cici71 wrote: »
    £2.05 was the cheapest I was offered. Waiting for it to be authorised and 2 for 1 here we come!! Fab deal! I couldn't see which cinemas were participating but at £2.05 I took the gamble before it was plugged. I'm hoping Odeon is included?

Here it's Odeon, Vue, Cineworld and a good smattering of independents.
  • DCFC79DCFC79 Forumite
    38.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the whole meerkat website, but...

As part of the process, you have to visit the specific insurer's website. To get there, you go via an intermediate website https://www.quote-link.net/comparethemarket

That site is down at the moment... (it's hard to believe it's been brought down because of traffic caused by this promotion, though.)

Perhaps they're pulling the promo? I doubt very much that people who had already signed up would lose the offer, though.

R.

I went to compare the market and worked for me.
  • _gl_gl Forumite
    81 posts
    My EVR from yesterday was just accepted :).
  • FirstwatchFirstwatch Forumite
    282 posts
    ✭✭
    Mine's working now! bought one day UK travel insurance from ERV for £2.04 roughly 48 hours ago, have tried a few times with no success, but had been "automatically verified" when I went onto the website about an hour ago and the code was available by "shaking the screen" when I opened the app on my phone.

Patience is a virtue! love how simples this is...:)