Forum Home» Going Out Deals

Meerkat Movies - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search

Meerkat Movies

edited 10 May 2016 at 10:43AM in Going Out Deals
632 replies 345.7K views

Replies

• Trying to do this today but dont seem to be getting any quotes for travel insurance at all. Maybe they are onto us!
    Grocery Challenge Feb 16 £346 /400
  • AndabeAndabe Forumite
    2 posts
    Tried this morning with all different options including annual/USA and business - no quotes!

Anyone else having this problem?
  • Been trying all morning with lots of different combinations and it just pops up saying none of the panel are able to offer any quotes.
    Hoping this is just an error on the website!
  • Just validated my Meerkat Movies-I bought car insurance through them a month ago, and the app told me I wouldn't be eligeable to claim a toy, if I validated the Movies membership....but I already have my toy from this purchase! Now I'm worried my cinema codes won't work.

Has anyone else already had their toy, and have working cinema codes?
    Please excuse my bad spelling and missing letters-I post here using either my iPhone or rathr rubbishy netbook, neither of whch have excellent keyboards! Sorry!
  • paulfoelpaulfoel Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cant get a quote now either. Wonder if they've turned if off for now knowing whats been going on?
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • Yes, I'm having the same message "Sorry, none of our panel are able to offer quotes for the cover you require" whatever combination I request. And, to be fair (and so I didn't feel guilty), I've been entering my actual holiday dates in the UK, as I don't normally insure unless I go abroad as my home insurance covers most stuff anyway. I'm guessing it's not just a glitch...
  • I bought an ERV travel policy yesterday afternoon and waited until this morning, but still no activation. I thought I'd send the Meerkats a message via the contact link on their website, just in case the loophole closes today, to "get the issue raised first", so to speak.

When I clicked to submit my message, a list of relevant FAQ's popped up and I noticed that in this list, travel insurance is now listed specifically as a NON-QUALIFYING purchase. The list is available here and specifies:
    Products that do not qualify: Travel, Health, Business insurance, Breakdown cover, Income & Payment Protection insurance, or Mortgages.

compare-the-market.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8/related/1

That's the bad news - the GOOD news, is that the terms for the offer (which is what I checked prior to purchase), were updated yesterday and still read
    5. Qualifying Purchase

5.1 MEERKAT MOVIES is available to those who:

5.1.1 Purchased: car insurance, motorcycle insurance, van insurance, contents and/or buildings insurance, pet insurance, life insurance, landlord insurance or travel insurance;

comparethemarket.com/information/meerkat-movies-terms/#purchase

So it looks as though they have realised the loophole, but not found all the references in the terms to close it yet. If those terms are still current and the purchase contract was formed based on those terms, the deal should still be valid... but caveat emptor! (buyer beware)
  • paulfoelpaulfoel Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    shinypeeps wrote: »
    Yes, I'm having the same message "Sorry, none of our panel are able to offer quotes for the cover you require" whatever combination I request. And, to be fair (and so I didn't feel guilty), I've been entering my actual holiday dates in the UK, as I don't normally insure unless I go abroad as my home insurance covers most stuff anyway. I'm guessing it's not just a glitch...

Turned off I reckon to prevent people doing this.
    Cymru am Byth !!! :j:j:j
  • Actually, as I was previously registered with the site, my quotes came up in my account, so I could purchase insurance for one of my trips - the T&C's still include travel insurance, and even if you click the link at the bottom of the page for the "updated" T&C's, it still brought up travel insurance as a qualifying purchase.
  • I purchased one day travel insurance today and it would not activate my cinema tickets, have the cottoned on???