Spring into Spring with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    Options
    Hello hello hello, it's the weekend again,and so tomorrow Saturday's menu plan...EE day.

Breakfast. Porridge A/B Blueberries strawberries ,raspberries.

Lunch. Lentil and bacon soup 2 Ryvita. 3 Syns , Orange

Dinner. Chicken mashed potato, baked beans, beetroot pickled cauliflower

Supper/ Snacks. 2 Gullon digestive biscuit 4 Syns 2 ryvita 3 syn clementine

A milk B porridge
    10 Syns
    Water, NAS Vimto Lemon squeezed Ito hot water.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all
    Well I have to say my consultant has surprised me. I was at work today when she rang me but I was able to take the call. She was talking to someone from the Cancer Research charity today to arrange delivering the 70 bags of stuff collected for the Clothes Throw, and the lady mentioned she had had a large box of real hair wigs donated, some brand new and unworn, others only lightly worn. They aren't allowed to sell them apparently, not even the unworn ones so she said to my consultant if she could find a use for them she could have them. My consultant said she actually told her about me and my story and said I would likely love them. She's right- I was thrilled. My wigs are all (with the exception of one) cheap synthetic ones which are all looking tatty but I can't afford to replace them. I'm so pleased- she's redeemed herself with that! Couldn't thank her enough for thinking of me. :)
    I'm still eating for England- constantly hungry!! Hoping for at least a small loss as I can't exercise because of this damn labyrinthitis :mad:
    Today's menu:
    B: Cup of coffee with HEXA s/s, Moroccan Salmon light lunch (I know! But I was in a hurry and I thought I had no Alpen Lights left :D 1 syn)
    Mid-morning: 2 cups of decaf with HEXA s/s, MugShot macaroni cheese (3 syns) Hula Hoops Pufts (3.5 syns)
    Lunch: Mixed salad with ham, pastrami and gherkins, and Uncle Ben's Golden Veg rice (2.5 syns) HEXB Alpen Lights (I did have some :D) 2 bananas, NAS Ribena
    Tea: LMC red onion sausages, smash and beans. Frozen mixed fruit and 0% Activia. NAS Ribena
    Supper: 3 fried eggs, 2 Ryvita Original (3 syns)
    Syns: 13
    Hope everyone's ok xxx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • hanert
    hanert Posts: 58 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've searched everywhere I can think of but cannot find out if I have to cancel my group membership or just not turn up again, does anyone know pls?

Illegitimi non carborundum
    Quot Libra, Quam Breve Tempus
    SPC NUMBER 025
    SPC  #11 £207.12
    SPC  #12 £295.02                        

SPC  #13 £215.29

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    edited 22 May 2015 at 8:15PM
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

Our first pie night went very well, we sold out so thankfully DH didn't eat any. We were open until 7 so we had our main meal at lunchtime and have just had scrambled egg and tomato on toast. Might have a few wine syns tonight :D

Beanie - hope today went as well as can be expected.

Shala - have a lovely time in Brighton. Would love to hear what you'll be eating to expect such a big gain!

Hanert - your membership is cancelled if you don't attend, you don't need to do anything. How is your son?

Welcome scarlet - are you (or was your Mum) a fan of the film Gone With the Wind? It's my favourite film and I nearly called my daughter Scarlet but wasn't brave enough.

Mrs Ryan - how brilliant of your consultant to think of you, and great to have a choice of good quality wigs, they must be worth a lot of money.

Have a lovely evening.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • System
    System Posts: 178,103 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 May 2015 at 8:22PM
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    I'm not surprised you were asked beanie. Hope it all went well.:A

Certainly agree with that!!;) Your menu looks really good scarlett, just the sort of food that I enjoy. One thing I would say is that you could improve it with different fruit. Being the self appointed Speed cop on here:o I try to stick to fruit and veg that counts in the third (at least) of Speed food each day. So instead of banana and blueberries (free but not Speed) I'd go for raspberries, strawberries or anything else you like off the Speed list. Personally I eat more veg than fruit, partly preference and partly cost.

On the yogurt question, I don't really eat it either. There are so many brands of yogurts that it would be very difficult to make an exhaustive list. Perhaps if you tell us where you shop or which particular brands or flavours are your favourites we could narrow it down a little.

Sorry if you've already said but, are you going to a group or just going it alone with books?

I think you're right about the Pukka pies meg, even the weight is the same. 26 syns:eek: Hope lois's DH takes note and is suitably frightened off. I could have a whole bottle of wine for that, no contest!!:rotfl:

Go for it lush!! It's certainly possible and worth a try. 'Breakfasts fit for Royalty' are certainly something SW does really well. As I was saying to beg, hotel breakfasts are good but making your own is even better. You can have low syn sausages and I like fried potatoes to save on a HEB. So bacon, sausage, eggs, fried potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans!! Call this a diet.:D

I ended up doing my meal plan and shop on the hoof but got loads of Speed so should be OK.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAs Ribena, HEB toast, baked beans
    L: smoked salmon & leaves (Ikea) then savoury rice and veg when I got home
    D: gammon steak, SW chips, cauli & broccoli cheese
    Syns: cheese sauce, smear of dressing/mayo in Ikea, weekend wine:j

I have fresh apricots, satsumas and apples. I only buy fruit and which is on offer. My dinner has broccoli, leeks, carrots and green beans all speed.

With the yoghurt, I found as well all Mullerlights yoghurts, bar three or four - choc sprinkles with cherry layer and the cheesecake ones are syn free. Plus the WW yoghurts and Activia 0% are syn free. The WW fromage frais with a fruit layer are half a syn each. Need to find out if the Activia 0% snack pots are syn free.

One of these brands are on offer somewhere.

I am on a learning curve. So I will forget not all fruit is speed etc.

What is the policy with able to use more syns in a day - more than 15? Could you only use five syns per day over five days and use 25-30 more if got a party etc
  • hanert
    hanert Posts: 58 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DS is on the mend thank goodness, Lois to say we are very relieved is putting it mildly. x

I am thinking of not going to group anymore, I don't mind paying if I get something out of it but they are very clicky there and they mostly seem to be related in some way. I feel a bit like I'm intruding in a private party!! also I've done 4 weeks food diary and still had no comeback, or is that done after the 4 weeks are up?

Will think about it during the week but meanwhile I have to be with my Son when the Police interview him - scary x

Illegitimi non carborundum
    Quot Libra, Quam Breve Tempus
    SPC NUMBER 025
    SPC  #11 £207.12
    SPC  #12 £295.02                        

SPC  #13 £215.29

• tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    shala_moo wrote: »
    Hi :wave:catching up as I've not been around properly for a few days - 1lb on at class last night :o i'm very surprised it isn't more :eek: I bought the new mag and the Fakeaway book (thanks Saverupper for the review) so once i'm back from our hols in Brighton then i'll sit down and plan some meals out of both.. :D

Volunteering sounds like a wonderful thing to do meg :T we're going to try and do some through work at the local foodbanks, i'm looking forward to it.. glad you got them dating agency people sorted too!gun.gif

Welcome back MrsR :wave:

Glad you got yourself some new bedclothes lantanna, i'm sure looking at cute pugs will help with recovery.. Fingers crossed that your pain is all your gallbladder playing up, then when it's gone, it's gone :j - I found you a poorly smiley smiley-sick005.gif :rotfl:

You seem to be managing to maintain really well tweets :T - are you finding it difficult?

Welcome Scarlet - i'm not sure where to find a list of yogurts that are free, but i'm sure there would be one on facebook or minimins.. i'm not a big yogurt fan sorry. If you are having two He b's then yes syn the lowest one, you want to keep as many syns as you can for other stuff ;)

Sending you strength beanie - I hope she has a lovely service xxx

Saverupper - I don't really make a lot of curries, but could you use low fat crème fraiche or fromage frais to make it a bit more creamy? Or stir some yogurt through at the end..

Well that seems to have been an essay sorry..

I only came on to say i'm off to Brighton at the weekend and won't be back until Wednesday so if it's ok I'll post the chart on Wednesday night.. I'm taking my ipad so i'll still be keeping an eye on you all police.gif but I just can't get to the chart unless i'm on my laptop.

It's going to be horrendous for eating for the next few days so I've booked next week off class :o I imagine it'll be 7lbs on or something :eek: although we do a lot of walking so hopefully that'll burn off some calories!

Shala I am more or less following the SW I was doing to lose my weight but having a few more treats last week I had 2 cream cakes :drool:, a big tin creamy rice pudding :drool:, and some maltesers :drool:,

Enjoy your trip to Brighton :)
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hugs beanie,I hope you are ok tonight.xx
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• System
    System Posts: 178,103 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tomorrow's meal planner
    B - a HEB cereal served with HEA milk. A couple of apricots
    Late Morning (starting work at 12) scrambled eggs with button mushrooms and cherry Tomatoes
    Late pm - Apple, syn free hot
    D - Quorn individual cottage pie (3.5 syns) (a YS in my freezer) and speed veg. Becks beer bottle 5.5 syns.

Remaining milk for eggs and hot drinks

I go to a group
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,340 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 May 2015 at 12:14AM
    Options
    I have had a good day today,but really must buy some more fruit and meat tomorrow.

Breakfast:slice of not-very-nice honeydew,handful of strawberries,a mandarin
    Lunch:HM !!!!-a-leekie soup: chicken,carrots,leek,onion
    PM snack: another bowl of soup,Fruitopolis (1/2 syn)
    Tea: omelette with 30g cheese,tomato and onion,served with SW chips and baked beans,followed by coconut Muller light (1/2 syn).
    Have not used full allowance of skimmed milk(about 3.5 syns worth if I call the cheese in omlette my HEA).
    Will have a snack late.Can't decide between Alpen bars as HEB,or small Breakaway bar (5 syns).Might have both.Decisions,decisions..........

EDIT: had 2 Alpen bars,no Breakaway.
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills