Options

Comments

• maman
    maman Posts: 28,610 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sandhy wrote: »
    Hi everyone :)

Friday is my weigh in day ~I stepped on the scales this morning and found 2lb lost.

As I'm going this alone it's like my own support group ~ thanks for everyone's contributions :)

Good loss!!:T Do call by any time, we'll be pleased to see you.:)

Have a good weekend denise, hope the sun shines on you.:)
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    There's going to be double temptation this weekend - we're doing our first Pie Night tonight and then fish and chips as usual tomorrow night. I meant to check how many syns there are in a Pukka pie so I can frighten DH and hopefully stop him sampling the wares!
    LL :)

I can't even find Pukka Pies on the website so they must be dreadful!!:eek:
    ETA: Just put an individual steak pie through calculator and it's coming out at 19 syns!!:eek:

Out of interest I tried M&S pies to see if they were better. There's a 250g gastropub chicken & leek pie listed at 36 syns!!:eek:

Not sure what's happening here until I do my meal plan and shop. I've had SW breakfast (baked beans and HEB toast), I've got LO savoury rice (from jambalaya) in the fridge if peckish and then dinner to sort. But it definitely won't be a pie!!:rotfl:
  • maman
    Options
    hanert wrote: »
    Just logging in to report a sts for me, which is a miracle as I've been living on giant choc chip cookies and have been completely off plan.

DS is doing OK, had his ops and has started on the road to recovery. I must just say that to hear your 'baby' (even if he is 27) screaming in A @ E and in such pain as he was in, is the worst thing I have ever had to endure in my life, his face will live with me forever. Anyway we must now look forward, his job is safe thank goodness and the police are trying to sort out exactly what happened.

I have a few more questions which I will ask later, but for now it's back up to the hospital but I cannot go without thanking all of you so much for your kind thoughts and hugs, it really does help. Thank you x

:A

Thanks for the update hanert. It's good news that the ops are done and his job is safe.:)

STS isn't bad considering and we're here for you when you're ready to get back on plan. Hospitals seem to sell the most unhealthy food, amazes me. See you later.:)
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Good loss!!:T Do call by any time, we'll be pleased to see you.:)

Have a good weekend denise, hope the sun shines on you.:)

I can't even find Pukka Pies on the website so they must be dreadful!!:eek:
    ETA: Just put an individual steak pie through calculator and it's coming out at 19 syns!!:eek:

Out of interest I tried M&S pies to see if they were better. There's a 250g gastropub chicken & leek pie listed at 36 syns!!:eek:

Not sure what's happening here until I do my meal plan and shop. I've had SW breakfast (baked beans and HEB toast), I've got LO savoury rice (from jambalaya) in the fridge if peckish and then dinner to sort. But it definitely won't be a pie!!:rotfl:

re pukka pies I am wondering if it is this but misspelt

Pka Pies All Steak Pie, chilled ( 233g each ) 26

as I cannot fid a pie with the brand name PKa anywhere.
    Slimming World at target
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My meals
    B - 35g bran flakes, banana
    L - Smoked salmon salad, Activia Intensely Creamy lemon yog (2 syns) fruit
    D - Smoked river cobbler, cooked in foil, Jersey Royals, courgette, green beans. Meringue Nest (2.5 syns), FF Greek Yog, blueberries.

About 6-8 syns on alcohol. My scales have a ml measurement on them so I can weigh the glass (zeroing it first) and pour drink until desired measure. I had a glass of red wine yesterday and there was a few ml left at the bottom when I poured the 175ml and it was 192ml. Not going to put 17ml of wine back.

Ooh so pleased that tinned sardines and mackerel in tom sauce are free on SW. They were 5-7pp on WW. Also pleased that mushy peas are free too.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,427 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Today is the day I say goodbye to a very very dear friend.
    Currently walkingwith a zimmer.
    Looking forward to my part in the service though.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,398 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »

Hugs, how lovely you get to play a part in remembering her
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

So pleasedyou get to take part in the service, hugs
    Slimming World at target
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi :wave:catching up as I've not been around properly for a few days - 1lb on at class last night :o i'm very surprised it isn't more :eek: I bought the new mag and the Fakeaway book (thanks Saverupper for the review) so once i'm back from our hols in Brighton then i'll sit down and plan some meals out of both.. :D

Volunteering sounds like a wonderful thing to do meg :T we're going to try and do some through work at the local foodbanks, i'm looking forward to it.. glad you got them dating agency people sorted too!gun.gif

Welcome back MrsR :wave:

Glad you got yourself some new bedclothes lantanna, i'm sure looking at cute pugs will help with recovery.. Fingers crossed that your pain is all your gallbladder playing up, then when it's gone, it's gone :j - I found you a poorly smiley smiley-sick005.gif :rotfl:

You seem to be managing to maintain really well tweets :T - are you finding it difficult?

Welcome Scarlet - i'm not sure where to find a list of yogurts that are free, but i'm sure there would be one on facebook or minimins.. i'm not a big yogurt fan sorry. If you are having two He b's then yes syn the lowest one, you want to keep as many syns as you can for other stuff ;)

Sending you strength beanie - I hope she has a lovely service xxx

Saverupper - I don't really make a lot of curries, but could you use low fat crème fraiche or fromage frais to make it a bit more creamy? Or stir some yogurt through at the end..

Well that seems to have been an essay sorry..

I only came on to say i'm off to Brighton at the weekend and won't be back until Wednesday so if it's ok I'll post the chart on Wednesday night.. I'm taking my ipad so i'll still be keeping an eye on you all police.gif but I just can't get to the chart unless i'm on my laptop.

It's going to be horrendous for eating for the next few days so I've booked next week off class :o I imagine it'll be 7lbs on or something :eek: although we do a lot of walking so hopefully that'll burn off some calories!
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »

Well done you on the evening Speed food lush. Are you off to the caravan this weekend? How many weeks to lose the 15lbs?
    e

I've got about 9weeks, so I may be being optimistic looking at my recent weightloss record but I can try :)

We are off to the caravan for the whole first week of June as it's a GB athlete holiday for bf. That week it will be no shakes for breakfast but I'll still try my best to be good as it's cheaper to sort food in the caravan than eat out all the time (well that's obvious anyway) so I will have some treats but mostly cook like we do at home I expect. Bf and I tend to eat a breakfast fit for royalty then coast through on fruit/snacks until an early tea when we are both off so we shall see how we get on. Long as I can keep busy in the
    evenings and keep off the sweet treats I should be fine!
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • maman
    Options
    I'm not surprised you were asked beanie. Hope it all went well.:A
    My meals
    B - 35g bran flakes, banana
    L - Smoked salmon salad, Activia Intensely Creamy lemon yog (2 syns) fruit
    D - Smoked river cobbler, cooked in foil, Jersey Royals, courgette, green beans. Meringue Nest (2.5 syns), FF Greek Yog, blueberries.

About 6-8 syns on alcohol. My scales have a ml measurement on them so I can weigh the glass (zeroing it first) and pour drink until desired measure. I had a glass of red wine yesterday and there was a few ml left at the bottom when I poured the 175ml and it was 192ml. Not going to put 17ml of wine back.

Ooh so pleased that tinned sardines and mackerel in tom sauce are free on SW. They were 5-7pp on WW. Also pleased that mushy peas are free too.

Certainly agree with that!!;) Your menu looks really good scarlett, just the sort of food that I enjoy. One thing I would say is that you could improve it with different fruit. Being the self appointed Speed cop on here:o I try to stick to fruit and veg that counts in the third (at least) of Speed food each day. So instead of banana and blueberries (free but not Speed) I'd go for raspberries, strawberries or anything else you like off the Speed list. Personally I eat more veg than fruit, partly preference and partly cost.

On the yogurt question, I don't really eat it either. There are so many brands of yogurts that it would be very difficult to make an exhaustive list. Perhaps if you tell us where you shop or which particular brands or flavours are your favourites we could narrow it down a little.

Sorry if you've already said but, are you going to a group or just going it alone with books?

I think you're right about the Pukka pies meg, even the weight is the same. 26 syns:eek: Hope lois's DH takes note and is suitably frightened off. I could have a whole bottle of wine for that, no contest!!:rotfl:
    I've got about 9weeks, so I may be being optimistic looking at my recent weightloss record but I can try :)

Go for it lush!! It's certainly possible and worth a try. 'Breakfasts fit for Royalty' are certainly something SW does really well. As I was saying to beg, hotel breakfasts are good but making your own is even better. You can have low syn sausages and I like fried potatoes to save on a HEB. So bacon, sausage, eggs, fried potatoes, mushrooms, tomatoes and beans!! Call this a diet.:D

I ended up doing my meal plan and shop on the hoof but got loads of Speed so should be OK.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAs Ribena, HEB toast, baked beans
    L: smoked salmon & leaves (Ikea) then savoury rice and veg when I got home
    D: gammon steak, SW chips, cauli & broccoli cheese
    Syns: cheese sauce, smear of dressing/mayo in Ikea, weekend wine:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts