We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Iphone 5c battery drainage

Options

Comments

• d123
    d123 Posts: 8,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Double_V wrote: »
    I just checked mine. And it is one of those effected pieces.
    What do I do now ?
    Phone was from EE on 2 years contract which ended last year in November 2014, I then did not renew it and opted for Sim Only deal and kept the phone.

Can I still make them replace it ?

You didn't notice the explanation on the page? It's right under the box you enter the IMEI in to do the check.

Why not try and follow the instructions?
    Replacement process
    Choose one of the service options below to have your battery replaced. Your iPhone will be examined prior to any service to verify that it is eligible for this program and in working order.

Please call your service provider to confirm that battery replacement service is available on the day you visit them.

Apple Retail Store - Make an appointment here.
    Apple Technical Support - Contact us.
    ====
  • jessmist
    jessmist Posts: 701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Been in touch with Apple and they keep saying the battery is ok.
    I can have the battery replaced for £59 plus postage costs.
    If the battery is ok how come it drains over night ?
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does it still drain when switched off? If so, it must be the battery
  • jessmist
    Options
    Swipe wrote: »
    Does it still drain when switched off? If so, it must be the battery

I have never tried that.
    I have turned a few apps of that update in the background. Was hoping that would help.
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Charge it fully, take a screenshot, switch it off overnight and see what level it is at when you switch it back on. screenshot it and send to apple. Then they can't come back with the battery is ok nonsense. If it drains while switched off the battery simply can't hold a charge.
  • Frozen_up_north
    Options
    jessmist wrote: »
    I haven't used the do not disturb setting. As i have a son living away and i always leave my phone in case he has to get in touch.
    The do not disturb works fine to still allow phone calls from entries in favourites, but not for text messages. I have mine set from 11pm to 7am to avoid overseas friends waking me with text messages at silly hours.

I would try the phone with all apps and WiFi disabled (double tap the home button and swipe the app up the screen to disable). Typical battery hogs are WiFi, e-mail in poor signal areas, and Skype. On my 2 year old iPhone 5 the battery drops around 10% overnight.
  • jessmist
    Options
    Swipe wrote: »
    Charge it fully, take a screenshot, switch it off overnight and see what level it is at when you switch it back on. screenshot it and send to apple. Then they can't come back with the battery is ok nonsense. If it drains while switched off the battery simply can't hold a charge.

I think i will try switching it off tonight. And see what the battery is like tomorrow morning.
    Will be interesting to see.
  • jessmist
    Options
    The do not disturb works fine to still allow phone calls from entries in favourites, but not for text messages. I have mine set from 11pm to 7am to avoid overseas friends waking me with text messages at silly hours.

I would try the phone with all apps and WiFi disabled (double tap the home button and swipe the app up the screen to disable). Typical battery hogs are WiFi, e-mail in poor signal areas, and Skype. On my 2 year old iPhone 5 the battery drops around 10% overnight.

Thanks for the info on the do not disturb setting.
    I could use that as if it was something important my son would call and he is set up in my favorites.
    Would wifi use much power through the night when the phone is just in standby?
  • jessmist
    Options
    Switched my phone off last night when it was on a 100%
    Turned it back on this morning and it came on at 100% but after it had fully loaded it was on 98%
    So that isn't a big drop so does that mean the battery is ok ?
  • jessmist
    Options
    I have sent a couple of whatsapp messages and put the two posts on the forum and I am now on 89%
    Within 2 hours the battery is down to 80%
    I am thinking about deleting all the apps I have put on and then checking how much the battery drops over an hour.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure