The "Mortgage-free in 2025-30" club!

Options

Comments

• keeponmoving
    Options
    Hi I would love to join this club. First time posting so please be gentle. I have been thinking about it for a couple of months and finally sat down with my other half today, who was really keen! Im looking for inspiration to keep me focused.

Keeponmoving || original MF date 2033 || target 2027. I would love to be MFW before my 50th birthday, to be able to visit the countries that are on my list.:T
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Welcome keeponmoving!

Great your other half is on board will make it twice as fast to the finish line :0)
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • NorthernMonkey1
    Options
    Firegirl wrote: »
    Good idea turtle, I do have 1 tip for anyone on this board that drinks a lot of coffee. I love Mochas. Only realising now how much I spend on Mochas! Probably over £10 a week! I've been transferring £2 every time I resist a Mocha. Not only this but usually I'd have a we cake too! So my normal bank account should be healthier too!

Microwave half a cup of milk, and stir in 2 heaped teaspoons of drinking chocolate, then fill to the top with some extra strong coffee made with a coffee press. You can make a mocha at home for less than 20p
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Haven't tried making my own yet but I'll need to give it a go!
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi I would love to join this club. First time posting so please be gentle. I have been thinking about it for a couple of months and finally sat down with my other half today, who was really keen! Im looking for inspiration to keep me focused.

Keeponmoving || original MF date 2033 || target 2027. I would love to be MFW before my 50th birthday, to be able to visit the countries that are on my list.:T

Welcome! :D I've added you to the list. :)

NorthernMonkey1 - I don't even buy mochas and I'm still going to try that - sounds delicious!
  • pinkteapot
    pinkteapot Posts: 8,040 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Alright, team - confession corner:

What's your least MSE/MFW thing?

I'll kick off. We have a cleaner. :eek:

The extra time we could knock off the mortgage by ditching him just isn't worth it. :rotfl:
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oooh good question.
    Can I say Mrs SJ?
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • NorthernMonkey1
    Options
    pinkteapot wrote: »
    Alright, team - confession corner:

What's your least MSE/MFW thing?

I'll kick off. We have a cleaner. :eek:

The extra time we could knock off the mortgage by ditching him just isn't worth it. :rotfl:

3 Motorbikes and 2 cars. (one car is Mrs NMs)

The car might be an old banger (15 year old bmw) but the bikes are all almost new
  • choccielover
    choccielover Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Private school for the boss of the house (DD ;))

I want to give her every opportunity and open as many doors as I can for her, what she chooses to do with that is for her to decide.

And we spend a lot on holidays....
    And we have a cleaner.....
    I'm not very MSE really am I :)

Oh well, let's call me a work in progress with opportunity for improvement and move on :rotfl::whistle:

Chocs
  • ourcornercottage
    ourcornercottage Posts: 1,526 Forumite
    Options
    Our house. It's much bigger than we need and if we hadn't moved we could be mortgage free. (Plus we had renovated last one and have moved into another needing renovations!) We love it though and life is better so worth every penny and never regret it :-)

We love a good treat too. Went to Wembley yesterday total cost about £250 but it was brilliant. Organising party for BF's 50th cost about £750 in total. You could call that £1000 wasted and not very MSE but you only live once!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback