PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We had thunder this morning, but it didn't rain. It's clouded over again now, so we might get rain soon.

The temperature in the living room atm is 28, much pleasanter than yesterday's 34 :eek:
    When we went out earlier, the outside temp was 24.
  • his_missus
    his_missus Posts: 3,363 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Fairy, one of my cats did this a few times. I never open my upstairs windows anymore as I'm convinced one day he'll misjudge it and fall out of the window!

The upstairs windows are left locked on vent so at least air can circulate upstairs.
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well, Millie-dog got to the vets this morning. No, they still didn't have a canulla but the vet did drain all the blood from her swollen ear and said that she will have to have another operation.
    Back home for 2 hours and the ear is as swollen as it ever was.
    DS is fuming having missed nearly a week's work with waiting around in case the vet calls him in.

Tremendous thunder storm here this morning
    Pickle was at nursery and most impressed with the storm." It was right over the top of our heads Monna."
    It was too.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    We have had a little rain and I just looked out and saw people bring their kids home all of them were back in coats.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Rental properties are expected to contaminate goods, minimum of a fridge, cooker and washing machine.
    I was happy using the machine but it was held together with tile batten and decking screws and so wouldn't be deemed safe.
    I'm still waiting for the plumber to get back to me with a price.
    The 3 o'clock text was more t o do with the vagaries of the signal in the Marina.
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    Options
    Oh monna, sorry to hear poor Millie-dog has still not been sorted out :(
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    his_missus wrote: »
    Fairy, one of my cats did this a few times. I never open my upstairs windows anymore as I'm convinced one day he'll misjudge it and fall out of the window!

The upstairs windows are left locked on vent so at least air can circulate upstairs.

Yes--I've had the windows only open a crack today! I may shut her out of the bedroom so I can get some of this post-rain fresh air in there as it is still a bit warm and she definitely can't be trusted. She claims it was the fault of the Magpies teasing her from the tree but I'm not buying it!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Come on Hester, enlighten us. How do you contaminate goods?
    Your tablet has been taking lessons from mine, hasn't it?

FairyP, so what is a cat to do when Magpies are disrespecting you? If these things aren't stamped out as soon as they start it can only get worse.
    Good grief! It'll be those wretched starlings holding a rave soon. There will be drugs and all sorts. Cat was just trying to protect you, that's all. Thank her/him prettily. Salmon should do it.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • FairyPrincessk
    FairyPrincessk Posts: 2,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oh Monna she'd love a nice bit of salmon. Tuna steaks would probably please Her Majesty even more. She sometimes gets a morsel or two when we eat fish and I think tuna is her favourite. She'd have a better chance against starlings, she is about the same size as a magpie but her image of herself is far too big for her little white boots. She spent much of the afternoon at a different window staring out at a collection of pigeons and ducks swishing her tail like a bond villain tapping his fingers. I probably don't help her homicidal tendencies by making her toys from feathers I find out on my walks.

I think we must have local bell ringers--this is the second Thursday I've heard them going at it. I think they must practice on Thursdays. I quite like it.
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Monna, what ever your tablet has must be infectious!
    What I meant to say was that rental properties round here are expected to contain white good, still, my first version was much funnier wasn't it.
    Chin up, Titus out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport