The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    Options
    For some bizarre reason Virgin haven't disconnected my broadband but have disconnected my phone. I logged on to their site and I am officially no longer a customer of their broadband. I hope I don't get charged for this.

I haven't spent any money this weekend. I have spent about 10pounds on collections as everyone is leaving work or having kids.lol. 7 working days till payday.

One of my injections broke about 7 days ago and I only just realised today. So blood sugars will go back to normal by Monday 2am I hope. It has wiped me out but the weather was glorious so all I did was mark, sit in the sun and drink lots of water. lol. Cheap aren't I ??????
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 September 2016 at 5:12PM
    Options
    Well there is a problem as my BT signal isn't working despite all the wires. Luckily I am still using old bb as they forgot to disconnect it although they did disconnect the tv and phone. I have to contact Sk* and they will sort out when the BT man is coming to find out why I don't have a signal. (It's something like that but I don't understand as it's too complicated. lol).

Any how I have been listening to the radio a lot and doing housework. It is ok but I do miss the tv and phone.

Susan (3Dogs) is coming to visit. One of her lovely dogs has just passed away due to illness so I am glad she is here and visiting the boys too as she needs to take her mind off it. She is such nice company. She is bringing me an Ab machine to work on my tummy muscles and waist as although I have lost 12 kilos I want to lose some more specifically from my waist and abs area. I reckon if I lose another 7 kilos I will be happy again. I want to go back to a healthy weight of 48-50kg . All I did for about two years was eat rubbish food so it would be good to get rid of some of it.

No money spent yet. But I need to go grocery shopping sometime soon.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Sky connection has been repaired. I have broadband and phone yay. So happy. I will wake up at 4 to write lessons for tomorrow as it took ages to set up the Hub properly.

They are sending a £75 mastercard voucher. Am not sure what it is but every little helps. lol.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I spent £20 on grocery this week. Susan has stocked up on some lovely whoopsies at bargain prices so I am eating really well over the weekend.

Today i had my flu vaccination and then I went for a walk to Southsea beach it was great walking weather. I got a lift so it was a NSD. The best kind. I came back washed and dried some clothes and fell asleep for 3 hours. House is tidy. The boys are slowly decluttering the garage as is John the builder and when it is clear i am getting a cross trainer.

Roll on Friday it'll be payday. I am planning to have a low spend month in October as my credit card bill will be v high (with the £400+ free sat cost) however the initial outlay will pay for itself in terms of the money i will no longer be paying to my old cable company. I can't believe that I have spent over £8000 in just over 17 years on V*rgin. :eek: And the man I spoke to on the phone didn't seem concerned that i was struggling to pay the ever increasing costs. I wish I'd known how much it would cost when i first started using cable. Blimey, that is a few long haul holidays, or a new kitchen, or a car or a landscaped garden or a new bedroom. The mind boggles.:mad:
  • savingwannabe
    edited 27 September 2016 at 7:32PM
    Options
    I had my flu vaccination on Saturday and have had a fever since I may have had a bug before I went in I wish i'd known. I spent today in bed and haven't done any work. I will wake up early tomorrow and write a few lessons let's hope I am better before then.

The builder came and repaired my posh John Lewis Lights as there was a problem with them. The house is tidy and I had much sleep. I am glad I rested as I feel utterly broke. Roll on payday.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 2 October 2016 at 7:59PM
    Options
    Yay payday.

Money spent so far
    £20 for IT help, £30 to sponsor two charity events.

I got a £75 mastercard voucher in the post (as I signed up for Sk* broadband and telephone) and hope I can use it for groceries as I want to reduce spending to pay off two big credit card bills this month and next month.

I have just applied for a credit card with M&S as it means I can get £25 of free vouchers for xmas. I clear my creditcard every month so I am a v happy bunny. I hope I get it. I am going to use the vouchers to get socks!!!!
    :eek::D:beer::j:money:

Don't you just love MSE. I cannot think how much I have gained since I have been on this site:rotfl:

I looked after my niece this Saturday and then I did some prep for next week today. One of my most arduous tasks is complete. I just have marking to do and one more admin task and will try to do this over the week. I treated myself to 2pairs of second hand jeans (only £16 instead of £100) as my old ones no longer fit. Hurrah for a good weekend. I will probably kick myself for this later but I do need to wear clothes that are not falling off. lol.

Spending for weekend £16 jeans and £4 on snacks and birthday card.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I keep looking at fleabay and finding amazing bargains. Luckily Steve and Andy keep talking me out of bidding. I am not allowed to buy anything this month as I am poor. They have to pick up the pieces when I panic about being nearly overdrawn.

I must repeat this. I am poor. I have no spare money. I can only buy needs not wants. NEEDS NOT WANTS. If I keep saying it I will believe it.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Seven days in to this month and I haven't spent anything at work. OMG. The new me. I keep looking at fleabay and looking away. I hope it lasts.

I have a long weekend of marking ahead but I am going to chill too.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I bought some hot drinks at work today as it was FREEZING. Where are my thermals??????? I spent just over £3 on hot drinks.

I have the heating on at home. Hurrah. Plenty of work still to do so I will be doing lots tomorrow too.

After all my bills have been paid I have £150 left in my account. This is due to a huge overspend on my credit card last month. lol. I am being v good. No more spending till half term.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 14 October 2016 at 7:02PM
    Options
    I had an interesting day and met someone I worked with many years ago. He is two years from retirement and scared that he will not last until then.

I went to the supermarket afterwards and had a long think. I have to learn how to work smart as if I keep killing myself working on my days off I wont be able to de-stress and that wont help my health.

Time for a step back I think.

I spent £35 in supermarket on food, a tea shirt and a lottery scratchcard. Well I'm desperate.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure