The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have been painting for an hour and all is going well. Weather is glorious. Yay. Hopefully I will be able to do half of the painting today and the rest over the week once John can move the boys barbeque out of the way as it is too heavy for me.

I am so pleased I haven't spent any money other than on groceries. I keep seeing things on fleabay and then deleting them as I do not need them.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    edited 31 August 2016 at 7:27PM
    Options
    I haven't spent any money at work since I have been back which is great. My wages hit my account last night and once the direct debits go out however I will be poor.

This month I will transfer some direct debits to a new account so I can benefit from a cash bonus from a newer account. I will benefit from £150 which will help the Christmas pot or my kitchen fund. Desperate times are calling for desparate measures i think. I hate being poor.

The weather has changed and i haven't been able to paint my fence yet.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 1 September 2016 at 6:55PM
    Options
    I have taken today as my day off and am painting my fence. It has taken 7 hours but i have painted one side again and the other side once only. Hurrah for good weather. It is a fab way to de-stress and is making my house look nicer. Yay.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 3 September 2016 at 6:08PM
    Options
    After a long week at work I have treated myself to two jogging cds. One was 3 pounds and the other just over £4. I wanted a cross trainer but it was too big for my house so i didn't bother in the end.

I didn't spend anything at work all week. I am saving my pennies for my tv aerial etc for switching to freesat/view in two week's time.

Despite having 9 watchers no one has bought my shoes on fleabay. Maybe everyone is feeling poor too.

I just wish this austerity nonsense would end I wonder when we will have proper economic growth again? It would be so good to be able to go shopping and buy anything. The problem is I think I have changed my ways so much i wouldn't buy much as it would clutter the house. But it would be good not to worry about money. I am glad that I have a decent job at least and a good roof over my head.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 4 September 2016 at 6:06PM
    Options
    I spent today creating resources for work. I reckon I have about three weeks done in advance including the work I did in the hols. It took a while but but I am glad to have done it and I also decluttered my bookshelf too and now there is a pile for a charity shop. Housey is top to toe tidy as parents are visiting this week.

On Tuesday I hope to buy tv things and also seat covers for my chairs. I hope it isn't too expensive as I am trying to save on cable tv costs by having freesat etc. lol. 16 working days till payday has a good ring to it. Do i sound desperate????
  • savingwannabe
    edited 6 September 2016 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Today I was ill and only managed to buy the material for the seat covers (it was only £12 and the staples were £5)and helped my mum to upholster 3 out of the 6 new seat covers. Blimey it was really hard. I thought it was easy and everyone could do it from hearing my friends talk about it. lol. I am not crafty at all. Blooming useless.

No work work done at all. I will be burning the midnight oil later in the week.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I woke up early this morning and caught up with my work. Then at work I did lots!!!! Plenty more to do!!!!

Weather is glorious. I am going to enjoy it and mow the grass! Parents have been doing all my garden and mum is doing the rest of the upholstering now. They are stars.

An NSD. No money spent at work now for two weeks. lol. A miracle and a sign of things to come hopefully.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 11 September 2016 at 7:23PM
    Options
    OK I fell off the spending wagon. I bought dad a new satnav as a late birthday present (bargain price of £70)and yesterday had a glorious meal out with 3dogs, CraftyHants, Steve and Andy and friends! cost £26 and drinks were £10 (that's £106/£120 spending money for the month). One of my friends bought me a beautiful hat which I will wear to work as it is so pretty.

We got in at 2.15pm. Am still recovering. Am washing a few clothes then spending day in bed. lol. Weather is glorious. I might do ironing in a bit outside to pop music. Other than food I can't buy anything extra this month. Yikes.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 13 September 2016 at 6:07PM
    Options
    I have spent just over £400 on freesat for my house after much travelling around finding all the equipment and booking people to set it up. I will have it in 3 rooms and one of the boxes will record and I can use internet too. I didn't think it was going to be that expensive but I suppose it is an investment. Freeview is rubbish in my area so I had to do this. I have put it on my credit card and will have to take money out of my kitchen fund to pay for it. Yikes.

I also tried to set up dd's on my new savings account but it wont allow them so I cant use this to get a new account and a nice lump sum. Well never mind at least I know that I tried.

This has taken most of the day and now I am about to have supper and chill. I was going to work on my day off but don't want to. I am so grateful to have a job when I see how so many folk are struggling in the current economic climate.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I am cancelling my cable tv tomorrow after 18 years with the same Company and also my phone. I will switch to Freesat tv and Sk* broadband and phone who have a fab deal on. I am hoping to save loads.

I will be back on Tuesday. Have a lovely weekend all.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure